Tell Your Story. How has PJ affected your life?

HarvtronHarvtron Posts: 148
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Just today I had another one of those life experiences where things don't make any sense and you feel lost. However like always music, really just Pearl Jam, helped me get through the day and think straight. I can go on for hours talking about how the music of Pearl Jam helped me deal with life but I would rather hear your stories. I'm sure some people here may not understand, or think I'm crazy but I also know a lot of you Pearl Jam fans out there feel the same. So What are your stories? How has Pearl Jam affected your life?
Camden NJ night 1 6/19/2008 (one of the best days of my life!)

Music is the engine to my Imagination and Pearl Jam is the fuel for that engine.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I would go the opposite way: it sorta ruined a lot of things for me. Before PJ i liked a lot of music, but now im a junkie. Very have survived the "Pearl Jam Purge" and now i'm one of those whose friends just say "please, not again". And it gets worse: the newer their material, the more i love it... And you know what? i dont care, because their music has been the soundtrack to many moments of my life, both sad and happy ones, and i'll never regret it.
  • airblue1airblue1 Posts: 404
    Got me through college, girlfriends and into my created real life. They for some resason have been everywhere and anywhere I have needed them to be. Unbelieveably Pearl Jam is my comfort music. Thanks Gentlemen!!!
    Hail To the Victors
    I refer to those in front...
  • McNairnMcNairn Posts: 284
    shows the world we don't all have to be a bunch of useless assholes

Life has nothing to do with killing time
    so why be satisfied
    we've got all night!
  • nykoellenykoelle Posts: 80
    sometimes I think I'm a HUGE loser for being so Pearl Jam hooked, but I read this forum and I feel less lame. Thank you all for that.

A couple basic things. Breakups, crazy family, there was always music to put things into terms. For my 10th birthday my dad bought me a CD Player, a PJ album (almost positive Vitalogy, could be wrong though), and a Boyz II Men album. Pearl Jam stuck. Every year he bought me their newest release, he'd buy me posters and Pearl Jam everything. My first credit card I got the fan club membership. So they've sorta been with me most of my cognitive life.

I've seen them live everytime I could afford it. I actually 'broke up' with them after Hartford 2008, I had to wait in that damned 10c line for hours to get my will call tickets. Missed a good hour or so of them playing. I was pissed, bigtime, then when I got in, everyone near me was equally pissed as they waited in line forever too. I didn't buy Backspacer, I skipped Vedder's solo tour. But we've made up. I'm back.

The biggest thing for me though, is that I'm probably going to go deaf. Yeah, sucks. I'm sort of to terms with it. I went deaf in the left ear when I was 15, this year I've been having the familiar 'feelings' I had before losing my left ear. I'll eventually go to the doctor, there isn't anything they can do for it so I've put it off. I'm just hoping to either a) not go deaf or b) go deaf after MSG in May. After MSG I don't care. I'll just read lyrics or something. Rock out to vibrations. I'm down with the deafness, just not for two more months.

So that's my story. Bigtime junkie :)
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    back in 97 .... PEARL JAM saved my life....end of story
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    Once upon a time I had money, then pearl jam came along and I spent every penny of it.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11