Boots: Berlin VS Brisbane (Audio quality)

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,178
edited April 2010 in The Porch
I attended the Berlin show and bought the boot. My friend attended the Brisbane show (lucky basterd) so I was curious on that show and gave it a listen.

I thought Brisbane sounded a lot crisper and better than Berlin, the mixing... So i listened to the berlin disc again and it feels different.. almost like an audienbce bootleg in comparsion... Eddie has had the flu and stuff in Asutralia but he still blows his Berlin self away but apart from that, the mixing and sound of the boots is different (And better on the Brisbane disc, don't really know how to put it though... it's cleaner and crisper).

Do you hear it to, or do you think the Berlin show sounds fantastic or as good as the Brisbane(or maybe all Aussie shows)? Or Is it just me?? Did they improve the mixing as they went along and the early European shows sound worse?

Maybe its just me...
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    even i think u know the answer......BERLIN is the right one...and the best off all as for the quality is O2
    and the comes the LA3-4..even kufala post it in the bootlegs 09 thread..that those 2 LA and the Europeans especially the O2 and Berlin are the best of the tour as for the quality of the sound...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,178
    Need to do a back-to-back listening again than. Insignifance, Got Some and Alive. I guess..
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    im sure u will hae a great time :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Listened to both again.. and I perefer Brisbane.

The vocals are lot more clearer and better mixed. On Berlin it sounds like it drowns with the other insytruments. To me Brisbane has sort of a 2006-sound to it, while Belrin has more of a "copenhagen 2007 bootleg" kind of sound... hmm

But I guess I'm just crazy...
  • SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    But I guess I'm just crazy...
    Not crazy.

The mixing got markedly better as the tour progressed with the Oz/NZ bootlegs having much better sound than the earlier shows.

I think the London show and LA 3 and 4 were exceptions, however - the mix is of a similar quality to the later shows.
  • Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    İ know İm beating a dead horse, but they had something amazing in 2003 and they messed it up.

İ would pay 30 bucks for a boot that was mixed like they were in 2003.
  • SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    Rossum20 wrote:
    İ know İm beating a dead horse, but they had something amazing in 2003 and they messed it up.

I'd pay $50 for one mixed like the 2000 tour.
  • Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    while most of it is based on how they record it, the band has definitely changed their gear/setup and seem to produce a more raspy/tinny sound than they did during 00 or 03.

I don't know why anyone would prefer this because it just simply doesn't sound as well balanced as it used to.

When you play bootlegs loud from 2005 to the present there is almost always a stark imbalance in the mix...matt sounds like he is drilling a metal stake into the ground half the time.
    I love how the 2003 boot sound (the 2000 boots I don't really listen to because of the song selections). But sometime I love listening to 2006 shows jsut because of the energy of Eddie... but maybe this is coloured from it being my first tour I attended.

The 2009 Berlin boot sounds murky, bad vocals and no song really shines. Its Clunky with Eddies voice not high enoiught.

But the Brisbane show I listen to alot now, and I think it has 2006-qualitys in the power of Eddies voice (mixing wise that is - he still sounds to struggling compared to 2003)

But anyways, thank you for me not being crazy. The mixing got improved during the tour, thats is the reason Berlin09 grew old so fast and Brisbande don't :)
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Spencer wrote:
    Rossum20 wrote:

I'd pay $50 for one mixed like the 2000 tour.

yup!!!

But matt needs his ayotte kit back.