Length of Time of Show or Number of Songs

airblue1airblue1 Posts: 404
edited March 2010 in The Porch
The two kind of hand in hand. But, Backspacer really packs a lot of songs in a rather short time span. So its fare to ask the question would you prefer a long show with 28 songs or a short show with 35 songs? Example PNC PARK opener for Rolling Stones came on at 7 left at 8 and sang:
Go
Corduroy
Animal
Even Flow
Gimme Some Truth
Given To Fly
Daughter
Black
Better Man(Save it for Later)
Jeremy
Last Kiss
Alive
Save You
Rockin' In The Free World

Just a thought :ugeek:
Hail To the Victors
I refer to those in front...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    I'd rather they play fewer of the same old covers every night and either mix them up (what are the chances you'll get The Real Me or Love, Reign O'er Me at a show? 98%?) and spend those 4 minutes playing another Pearl Jam song. Covers are cool, but not the same ones over and over... that 4 minutes would be better spent busting out Rats :D
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • airblue1airblue1 Posts: 404
    Dude I totally agree. Some of the covers are cool, but I would rather hear 30 pearl jam songs then fortunate song, f'in up or whatever the new cover of the tour is that year. Go back into some ol' setlist and pull out some from the vault.
    Hail To the Victors
  • i am excited to see a new cover for this tour.
  • cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    Sorry... tangent... to actually answer your question, I'd prefer a longer show with fewer songs. I like the older ones better that run a little longer and leave more room for some jamming. Give me a song like Garden and stretch it out so everyone gets to show off what they can do...
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • airblue1airblue1 Posts: 404
    The Jam sessions are very exciting. Alive, Even Flow etc..... They really do show off the skills sets of the entire band, plus watching ed either sit on a speaker or dance a little in place is always funny to watch. :lol:
    Hail To the Victors