PETITION TO PLAY MUNICIPAL AUDITORIUM NASHVILLE TN

pearljamdude420pearljamdude420 Posts: 1,380
edited March 2010 in The Porch
i am not a big fan of my morning jacket they are ok, but my friend tells me they are playing here. all i hear about this venue is its great for basketball, the way its built. but the 2nd thing is its suppose to be an AMAZING venue for acoustics. and i hear the sight lines are amazing, and there is not a bad seat in the house? it holds about 10k im guessing for concerts. PLEASE PLEASE PLAY THIS VENUE ONE DAY PEARL JAM. doesnt appear it would be possible this tour, thats fine. but next time you tour the south make this a stop. Anyone that wants PJ to play this venue, please post in this thread. if we get enough people, they might really do it. Its unlike most arenas, it be a cool place to play, and maybe throw in an acoustic set also?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nashville_ ... Auditorium
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• THIS IS A HISTORIC VENUE IF YOU ASK ME, NOT MANY PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT IT APPEARS, BUT ALOT OF HUGE ACTS OVER 30 YEARS HAVE PLAYED THERE. ROLLING STONES, ELVIS, GRATEFUL DEAD.

COMMON PJ PLAY THIS VENUE ONE DAY IN THIS LIFETIME :D
  • whgarrettwhgarrett Posts: 574
    I think I saw the Smashing Pumpkins play there a while back. First time I ever saw PJ was outside of Nashville at MTSU in '94. Sittin' on the dock of the bay! :D
  • whgarrett wrote:
    I think I saw the Smashing Pumpkins play there a while back. First time I ever saw PJ was outside of Nashville at MTSU in '94. Sittin' on the dock of the bay! :D

i never been there, but the ways its described for basketball is always, the fans are right on top of you. i think the sections are steep, and its very intimate venue for a place that holds about 10,000 people. it feels alot closer than most arenas? and they say the acoustic is amazing in that place, they had some people i think from european operas design the acoustic for the place, and the design.
  • jmsjms Posts: 243
    I've seen quite a few shows at Municipal Auditorium and it's a pretty cool place to watch a show. It sounds way better than the Nashville Arena. I was at that Murphy Center show too. It was my first PJ show as well.
  • NOOOO!!!! Municipal is a shitty venue! The acoustics are terrible!!! The only good place to see a show in Nashville any more is The Ryman. I mean, I would love to see Pearl Jam in ANY VENUE in the south, Municipal Auditorium included, but it isn't the best place for a concert. In my opinion, of course.
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    They don't play shows in the South anymore.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.