Why I think a Philly box set could still be in the works...

En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,647
edited March 2010 in The Porch
I know, I know, not another Philly boots thread, but I noticed something when I was on Wikipedia today that made me think.

The last Gorge show was on July 23rd 2006. The Gorge boxset came out almost a year later, so everybody needs to be patient, we will one day get our Philly shows!!

:mrgreen:
Formerly Brew Crew Tix
“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• TheVan218TheVan218 Posts: 302
    Oh I know it's coming now. It's been too long to have a standard release and it's too significant not to release.
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    right. BUT, the gorge shows individually were available before the box was released, soon after the shows...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i wonder if they spectrum has anything to do with it.

on the spectrums website there is a link for music downloads, but it's listed as tbd.

then i also wonder, if the spectrum is going to have a big to do on tear down day.

either way, i wish they would come.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • wall05wall05 Posts: 304
    They better be working on a box set...otherwise what the hell is taking so long?!?!
    2008 - Camden, NJ 1
    2009 - Philadelphia, PA x4
    2010 - Newark, NJ, New York City, NY x2
    2012 - Philadelphia, PA
    2013 - Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA x2, Hartford, CT
    2016 - Philadelphia, PA x2, New York City, NY 2, Fenway 2
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    10C Rocks wrote:
    I know, I know, not another Philly boots thread,
    i think u need help on counting...there are a few thousands of philly bootleg threads...
    as for your question they dont work on the box yet 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    They are waiting to tear the spectrum down so they can include a little spectrum debris in with the CD's. A brick will be included with the vinyl package.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • the question is, what will be first: the release of said boots or the demolition of the Spectrum?
    Small my table, seats just 3, its not crowded, its just lucky me
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    youngster wrote:
    They are waiting to tear the spectrum down so they can include a little spectrum debris in with the CD's. A brick will be included with the vinyl package.
    I want a piece of still-sticky concrete floor.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • i'm hoping for pj's first blu-ray release in addition to the individual shows.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • It's not about if............it's about when!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,416
    i'm hoping for pj's first blu-ray release in addition to the individual shows.

Ah yeah! Pearl Jam's first ever Bluray. And maybe Pearl Jam's first ever 'choose your camera angle option!". They can do it. They have the technology. Might be why it's taking so long. Imagine if they did that? Choose your cam. Mike cam the whole show. Jeff cam the whole show. Matt cam the whole show etc.. It would be a masterpiece! 8-)
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    demetrios wrote:

Ah yeah! Pearl Jam's first ever Bluray. And maybe Pearl Jam's first ever 'choose your camera angle option!". They can do it. They have the technology. Might be why it's taking so long. Imagine if they did that? Choose your cam. Mike cam the whole show. Jeff cam the whole show. Matt cam the whole show etc.. It would be a masterpiece! 8-)

You my friend, are a genius!
  • JW0422JW0422 Posts: 170
    I heard they are including the individual seat you sat in when you attended the show along with the boxset/dvd/blu-ray. Cant wait to get mine I have a spot all set for seat! :mrgreen:
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    demetrios wrote:

Aww that would be so sweet dude!!!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Posts: 1,829
    I don't give a shit if it comes with an 8 dollar beer like at the show, just put them out already
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 681
    I think this is a ploy to boost web traffic. I have visited the Goods section and the forum every day since October 29th to find out when these will be released. I have tickets to MSG II - will I be able to buy the recording from that show? When will the Philly boots be release :?: d?
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    oh so your the lightest bulb in the box... :lol:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    verceman wrote:
    I think this is a ploy to boost web traffic. I have visited the Goods section and the forum every day since October 29th to find out when these will be released. I have tickets to MSG II - will I be able to buy the recording from that show? When will the Philly boots be release :?: d?
    philly will release later this yeasr,in a format we dont know yet,cd,dvd,box and no infos for 2010 bootlegs
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    i totally still think a philly boxed set is in the works. it'll happen, and i am patient.
    i've got more live shows on the horizon - so philly can wait!
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,416
    demetrios wrote:

Aww that would be so sweet dude!!!

It sure will be! :)