Budget turntable help

LaFoursLaFours Posts: 42
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
So I think it's about time I get rollin on my vinyl collection. Been to flea markets, local shops, got the actual vinyl under control now for the table.....thinking of starting with a Dual turntable, I hear the 1229 is the best but is an idler drive, and I understand there is some maintenance with those.
Any suggestions on what I should look for, not looking to spend more than a couple hundred right now.
Maybe pony up for a rega sometime later.
Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    I have an old turntable I bought for my daughter before CD's came out. It has a turntable and a double tape player/with the recorder on one side. A very old one, but it plays great. Its one of those stacked ones.
    It does what I need it to. Its made by Sound Designs. I'm talking OLD!! At least 20 years old. Plays great though.

Oh and I am willing to sell it.
    Save room for dessert!
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    It does what I need it to. Its made by Sound Designs. I'm talking OLD!! At least 20 years old. Plays great though..

lets not be emphasizing/capitalizing 'old' when refering to something from the 90's just yet. Can we try to hold out for another year or two? Maybe then I'll be in the acceptance stage.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    It does what I need it to. Its made by Sound Designs. I'm talking OLD!! At least 20 years old. Plays great though..

lets not be emphasizing/capitalizing 'old' when refering to something from the 90's just yet. Can we try to hold out for another year or two? Maybe then I'll be in the acceptance stage.
    I think its more from the 80's.
    Save room for dessert!