Low Number High Number

paulod1paulod1 Posts: 5
edited March 2010 in The Porch
I keep reading that people have low numbers and high numbers as if it's an indicator of where your seats are going to be, or rather how good they are going to be. I've been going to Shows since 2003 in the Boston area and was never aware of "numbers" if they exist where do i find them? It would be awesome to have an idea ahead of the show.

Any help will be appreciated.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,454
    paulod1 wrote:
    I keep reading that people have low numbers and high numbers as if it's an indicator of where your seats are going to be, or rather how good they are going to be. I've been going to Shows since 2003 in the Boston area and was never aware of "numbers" if they exist where do i find them? It would be awesome to have an idea ahead of the show.

Any help will be appreciated.
    You are a member of the 10club, right?

What is your 10club number?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • paulod1paulod1 Posts: 5
    edited March 2010
    yes i'm a member and it's 306***. is that it? the lower your member ship the better the seats???
    Post edited by paulod1 on
  • paulod1 wrote:
    yes i'm a member and it's 306xxx. is that it? the lower your member ship the better the seats???
    DING DING DING! we have a winner! :D but rows 1 and 2 and 9 and 10 are random
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
    edited March 2010
    paulod1 wrote:
    yes i'm a member and it's 306xxx. is that it? the lower your member ship the better the seats???
    Yeah, thats it.

With 306xxx, you will be looking at side stage seats. I would guess.

Which is a pretty damned good seat, in my opinion.
    Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,351
    btw people usually XXX out the last three digits.. i dont know what anyone can do with your number, but you may want to go edit out the last 3 digits, just in case..
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1 '21 Jersey Shore '22 MSG  '24: MSG1, MSG2
  • paulod1paulod1 Posts: 5
    thanks people i prefer side stage seats over floor unless they are right up front anyway. and thenks for the tip on the number, tho as noted i dont really know what anyone can do with it.

Very excited to be going; now what about the 18th!!!!!!!!!
  • CanadianEHCanadianEH Posts: 134
    Do we know how many active 10C numbers there are? I think the last I heard new members were well over 400,000. I was just wondering how many were still active.
    Vancouver 07/19/98 Vancouver 05/30/03
    Portland 11/02/00 Vancouver 09/02/05
    Boise 11/03/00 Gorge 1 07/22/06
    Seattle 1 11/05/00 Gorge 2 07/23/06
    Seattle 2 11/06/00 Vancouver 09/25/09
    CanadianEH wrote:
    Do we know how many active 10C numbers there are? I think the last I heard new members were well over 400,000. I was just wondering how many were still active.
    I would guess 50,000..Sounds about right??
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    paulod1 wrote:
    Yeah, thats it.

My side stage/wing seats by Mike at the Cincy 2006 were amazing. :D Yea that's right Cincy Speedy. hehehe :)
    paulod1 wrote:
    Yeah, thats it.

My side stage/wing seats by Mike at the Cincy 2006 were amazing. :D Yea that's right Cincy Speedy. hehehe :)
    I am sure your seats were great!! I hope they were comfortable too!!!

Because after listening to the first 8-10 songs (5 Riot Act-3 Avocado, or close to it), you were probably sound asleep, in those kick ass seats!!!!!! hehehehehehehe
  • OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,033
    edited March 2010
    Still don't understand your disappointment with that Cincy show, Speedy.. I thought it rocked ballz.. Best Crazy Mary ever.. Fuck the curfew for cutting the show short.. but other than that I thought it was a great night..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAAHGe2iqXQ
    Post edited by OceansMagnet on
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    paulod1 wrote:
    Yeah, thats it.

Cincy rocked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lEXLhrJq4k

I'd prefer side stage to back of the floor any day.
    Nice shirt.
  • OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    nycrats wrote:
    btw people usually XXX out the last three digits.. i dont know what anyone can do with your number, but you may want to go edit out the last 3 digits, just in case..

Yeah, I never understood that. As if someone could steal your identity. Although this day and age you never know.
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834

I am sure your seats were great!! I hope they were comfortable too!!!

Because after listening to the first 8-10 songs (5 Riot Act-3 Avocado, or close to it), you were probably sound asleep, in those kick ass seats!!!!!! hehehehehehehe

I don't think I sat down the entire show. The amount of shots I did b4 the show with 2 really good friends I'm sure helped. lol Also the people around us were so into it. My knees never hurt that bad from jumping so much. lol

It was the last time now that I think of it that I was with my longtime tour buddy. So the show sticks out in my mind for a few reasons. But I've never listened to the show since on cd.
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    I always thought people xed out the last three digits of their number because they couldn't remember exactly.

177,xxx just in case.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
    Kevinman wrote:
    I always thought people xed out the last three digits of their number because they couldn't remember exactly.

177,xxx just in case.
    josevolution has it easy.....I think his is xxx,xx3...hehehehe
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Kevinman wrote:

177,xxx just in case.
    josevolution has it easy.....I think his is xxx,xx3...hehehehe

he's got a lower number than stone :P
  • DreamOfAngelsDreamOfAngels Posts: 829
    edited March 2010
    Thanks so much for linking that Long Road video from Cincy. I had forgotten how magical that was as a starter... now I can say I went to church this morning :D Pure heaven that was. Thank you!
    Post edited by DreamOfAngels on
  • OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,033
    Thanks so much for linking that video from Cincy. I had forgotten how magical that was as a starter... now I can say I went to church this morning :D Pure heaven that was. Thank you!

It was a heavy, sorrowful night.. Such a sad history in that building that hit Ed so close to home.. A very memorable show..
  • bhigh901 wrote:
    Thanks so much for linking that video from Cincy. I had forgotten how magical that was as a starter... now I can say I went to church this morning :D Pure heaven that was. Thank you!

It was a heavy, sorrowful night.. Such a sad history in that building that hit Ed so close to home.. A very memorable show..
    Absolutely. I grew up in that area and was very aware. Couldn't believe how many people started cheering when he mentioned that Robert Pollard was there that night of the Who concert - so many fans had no clue where his story was headed. I immediately stopped breathing when he mentioned it. Long Road was just a perfect selection.
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    paulod1 wrote:
    yes i'm a member and it's 306***. is that it? the lower your member ship the better the seats???
    Yeah, the lower the better. I am 328xxx. Your seats are probably near mine which is always half way back and half way up, no matter what venue its at.
    Save room for dessert!