Gorge show this summer pretty please?

thefin190thefin190 Posts: 918
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Dear Pearl Jam,

After looking at the first two pages of The Porch and seeing them littered with threads of PJ shows on the east coast and midwest, I want to remind Pearl Jam that there are still people living on the West Coast too dying to see another PJ set. I realize we got spoiled with shows last year on the West Coast, but I do have a couple of qualms about the Seattle shows. Yes, you guys put on good shows in Seattle, but after seeing L.A. get Chris Cornell and Jerry Cantrell, Austin get Perry Farrell, and Philly getting that amazing Halloween show, not to mention getting to have both Social D and Bad Religion open for them (lucky basterds), I feel like Seattle got shortchanged. Not to mention Ed talked shit about us the next day in Vancouver (which I did feel the Seattle crowd wasn't that great if you went beyond the Ten Club Section, so he was somewhat justified). And Ben Harper didn't even come out for either Seattle show, but it seemed like he did for almost every other show. I would've loved to see Ben shred it on to Red Mosquito. We did get no shortage of the new stuff, which I was happy about. No Force of Nature though. :cry:

So now that I am through complaining, I want to make a request, and I hope any Seattle/West Coast people follow. Please can you do a Gorge set this summer! It doesn't have to be a 3 day weekend set like Sasquatch or Dave Matthews Band, but please atleast show us that you still love your hometown (well, sort of hometown, Gorge is a little ways a way). Its really only a two hour drive, which in a limo/tour bus, probably isn't bad, not to mention you guys would get plenty of sun. And they allow beer in this venue! It will be good fun, and we will sure to be less docile with some good ol' booze in us. Not to mention some of the not-really-fans should be weeded out since the Gorge is a little ways a way from Seattle.

I wasn't much of a Pearl Jam fan when they last played the Gorge in 2006, and I only recently become a Pearl Jam fanatic unlike most of the people here. Unfortunately I do not have the luxury of going to see you in multiple cities in a year due to financial limitations (Im a poor college student) and real-life obligations. But I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't get to see you guys play a set at the Gorge. So please come to George, Washington. We promise we will be good fans this time!

Yours Truly,
Fin

P.S. I think it would be sweet to do a secret show at the Off Ramp Cafe on 10-22-2010. Just an idea guys.
Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PapPap Posts: 28,789
    Hello Fin! I am a student too. But far away from your university. Actually I am a student at a Greek university.
    I will tell you my fervent wish: October 22nd 2010, Live at Aspra Spitia (in English: White Houses or in the Italian language: Casablanca). Aspra Spitia is a small settlement near the sea, built in French standards. Population: 2000. 174km from Athens. Imagine a Pearl Jam evening there. Before the eleventh song starts, Eddie will say: Oh, it is a nice and a good evening and then the intro of the Off He Goes... ;)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    epidaurus.jpg

nice choice ta aspra spitia,but cant be better than this patrioti!!!!!....
    epidaurous,the theater with the best acooustic in the world..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”