pearl jam at summerfest 1995

coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,460
edited March 2010 in The Porch
my god... its going to be 15 years since i saw pearl jam for the first time! i am getting old. I am just sick of hearing people bitch about MSG shows. So i thought i would start to bitch about getting old.
Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    My first show as well! This was back when it was damn near impossible to get PJ tickets. Sat at a phone hitting redial only to get a busy signal every time. I think both shows sold out in like 10 minutes. I had to go through a broker and paid $150 for 2 tickets in the bleachers section. Back then this was a shit load of money for 2 tickets. Where did you sit?
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • DE483DE483 Posts: 440
    I think the best part was watching eddie sing forever in blue jeans with the thunder and lightning. Between them and the Frogs those were solid shows.
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Remember the days b4 the Summerfest shows. It was back and forth if they were gonna play Milwaukee. Then it came true and I caught the 2nd nite paying $5.00 for a lawn seat with my sister. :)
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    That was the first year i seen them . god im old . ;)

Solider field . u had to call from certain area codes . Just great times .

the dead just played there all weekend . and that was the on and off again tour . there was a big buzz in Chicago that night .
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    My first show was night 2 of this ... 3rd row from the TC. It was awesome.

Only downside was getting to the hotel befoer the show and telling them we were going to see PJ. She then told us they had a comp pair of tickets the night before but couldnt find anyone who could go... and they played OCEANS that first night!

anyway - it was awesome... the Frogs w/ EV before the show and then Act of Love, Little Wing, 'new' Jeremy, etc.
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    jokertt wrote:
    That was the first year i seen them . god im old . ;)

Solider field . u had to call from certain area codes . Just great times .

the dead just played there all weekend . and that was the on and off again tour . there was a big buzz in Chicago that night .

I caught the dead the first nite and then saw PJ in Milwaukee the next nite. I was more into the dead at the time and thought well I'll see Jerry next year. Then when he passed away I was so pist that I skipped the dead over PJ. Serious for a couple yrs I hated PJ because of that. lol

But that went away and here I am. :)

Oh and I found this enjoy it all over again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhKxLgeN ... L&index=41
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    My first show as well! This was back when it was damn near impossible to get PJ tickets. :lol:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12