Re MSG tix: Is it just me or...

Corduroy FootstepsCorduroy Footsteps Posts: 31
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Were these MSG tix much, much harder to score than for the two shows in 2008. For 6/24/08, I was able to get through TM pairs of tix on three succesive attempts (Sec. 216, 318, and somewhere in the 400s). Today off the bat for MSG II, I could only land a pair in Sec. 317 and then no more pairs were available. This is a stunning difference from 2008 in my opinion.

I guess the fact there is an album out that draws attention to the band is different than their situation 2008. Are there any other theories or explanations for this difference? Might general momentum be picking up for their fanbase as a younger generation continues to grow and discover their music... or, more ominously, is the scourge that is the ticketbroker industry just contuing to metastisize and clogging up ticket sales for true fans...or is it best explained as a combination of all of these factors? And, what will it all mean for the future...?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    the scalpers and ticket agencies have gotten much more technologically sophisticated while Tickmaster has done dick to improve their security.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,851
    The presales were insane but easily scored three tickets in section 118 for night two this morning.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • BB126827BB126827 Posts: 17
    wasted 2 days with the presale and 10c fiasco....took 3 minutes this morning and got awesome tix.....just sayin
  • reading all these boards has gotten me really interested in the politics of tickets!
    i was wondering same thing this morning - i was in right at 9 and got sec. 310- thrilled, but i just find a little odd that a lot of people posting here also got 300s on first try or behind stage...but maybe it has something to do with clicking best available too (i wonder about what that means)
    anyway, i'm optimistically hoping it's because there are lots of new fans who will be rocking msg!
  • reading all these boards has gotten me really interested in the politics of tickets!
    i was wondering same thing this morning - i was in right at 9 and got sec. 310- thrilled, but i just find a little odd that a lot of people posting here also got 300s on first try or behind stage...but maybe it has something to do with clicking best available too (i wonder about what that means)
    anyway, i'm optimistically hoping it's because there are lots of new fans who will be rocking msg!

you and how many other hundreds, thousands clicked right at 9!
  • TonykinTonykin Posts: 252
    I agree with Long Red. Besides that, the band is not touring as much as a few years before... Everyone is trying to attend to at least one show... In 09 they toured literally just the west coast, except for Austin... They didn't play even in Vegas :shock:

"... Tan suato mi'jo!!"

-Salomón & Artemisa Vargas
  • ms259093 wrote:
    reading all these boards has gotten me really interested in the politics of tickets!

you and how many other hundreds, thousands clicked right at 9!

yeah..guess my hopes that others would just sleep through their alarms or still be making coffee didn't work, doh.
    :)