Rotovibe

small_my_tablesmall_my_table Posts: 90
edited March 2010 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm thinking about buying a Dunlop Rotovibe, but I've heard that it can suck tone pretty badly. I was also considering something like a script logo Phase 90. Any thoughts on these pedals?
This is not for you...
Speaking as a child of the nineties
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
    i got a rotovibe and yeah it does suck tone quite a bit. seems to thin the sound out quite a bit and scoop out the mids a little imo. Also to me it seems a rather thin vibe pedal unless its played really loud then it seems to thicken up abit and sound more watery. Ive also got the univibe which imo seems a much lusher and more full sounding vibe.
    I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Rotovibe has mods. The Phase 90 is awesome, though. What do you want to use the effect for?
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Thanks for the responses. :) I'm basically just looking for a fairly subtle modulation (nothing too crazy!) for the classic Hendrix/Little Wing sound, as well as what appears on PJ songs like Release etc, Mad Season, and some Alice in Chains stuff. Hope that gives you an idea.
    This is not for you...
    Speaking as a child of the nineties
  • I LOVE my rotovibe...works great for what I need it for!
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."