QUESTION OF THE DAY: Time Machine Telephone

JoerockJoerock Posts: 129
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
QUESTION OF THE DAY: Time Machine Telephone

Scenario:
You have come into possession of a time machine telephone. This phone has the power to CALL anyone from any point in history, It does not give you time traversing powers.

Question: Who would you call and why? What would you talk about?

extra info:
1)The phone has a translator built in to it so if the person you wish to call does not speak your language, you can still understand them. (i.e. If I wish to call Socrates I can call him without worry of not understanding him)

2)The person does not have to live in a time period where telephones are available. (i.e. They did not have phones in the colonial period but If I wish to call George Washington I may do so.)

3) You CANNOT call yourself in the future to see who won all the sports games so that you may bet on them and make bank.

4) You CANNOT sell the time machine phone to become rich and famous.

GO!
2006 - Washington D.C.
2010 - Bristow, VA
2013 - Charlottesville, VA
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    I'd call Alexander Graham Bell and ask him if his refrigerator is running. :lol::lol::lol:
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990
    Joerock wrote:
    3) You CANNOT call yourself in the future to see who won all the sports games so that you may bet on them and make bank.

Fuck! annoyed.gif
  • zyous82zyous82 Posts: 17
    I'd call Martin Luther King Jr and update him on the effect his words have had on people. OBAMA IS PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • PontikasPontikas Posts: 210
    I'd call Alexander Graham Bell and ask him if his refrigerator is running. :lol::lol::lol:

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahaa
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Big Drop wrote:
    They had one of these phones on South Park and the people of the future used it for prank calls.
    #FHP
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I'd call Michael Bay and tell him not to make Transformers 2.
    Actually I'd tell him to retire about 10 minutes after he finished making The Rock. I love that movie, but goddam everything else he does is a crime against humanity.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I'd call Stevie Wonder and i would just say "i just called to say I love you, and i mean that from the bottom of my heart"

or I'd maybe phone Terence Trent D'Arby and just yell FUCK OFF to him on the phone...

orrrr.. I'd phone Hitler and say to him "the Jews didnt fuck you over, it was the English" ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    I'd call Chuck Closterman and tell him somebody is ripping off a premise of his from his recent book, Eating the Dinosaur.