What time is Dusk?

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
one of my all time fav movies is I heart Huckabees. And the line that always blew me away was this zinger by Jason Schwartzmann, jason being Albert in the movie.

Albert Markovski: No, I'm not. I'm talking about not covering every square inch with houses and strip malls until you can't remember what happens when you stand in a meadow at dusk.
Bret: What happens in the meadow at dusk?
Albert Markovski: Everything!
Mrs. Hooten: Nothing!
Albert Markovski: Everything.
Albert Markovski: Everything!
Albert Markovski: It's beautiful.
Tommy Corn: It's beautiful.

so crazy me, I am interested in seeing the dusk in a meadow. I am serious. I know dusk is after the sunset, and those are easy to find out, the sunset is, since every newspaper lists your local sunset time for the day. But what about dusk? How long after sunset is it?

Can anyone assist me on this one?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RB162313RB162313 Posts: 51
    actual darkness is 1/2 hr after sunset and 1/2 hr before sunrise
  • DC61190DC61190 Posts: 24
    dusk the length of time between sunset and darkness. lasts about 1/2 hour.
    10black
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    dusk is that time of day when its possible to be bitten by vampires despite the sun still glowing on the horizon. you know that time of day when you probably should put your driving lights on but its still light enough not to require headlights.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I love dusk and dawn. The light then is just so surreal.
  • so basically i need to find out when the sunset is, then wait, and the time between sunset and darkness, that will be dusk?
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    so basically i need to find out when the sunset is, then wait, and the time between sunset and darkness, that will be dusk?

yep

check weather.com for sunset times