Really A Big Thank You to Pearl Jam and The Ten Club

pearljam75pearljam75 Posts: 80
edited March 2010 in The Porch
I have been a fan of the band since 1994 and a member of the Ten Club since then I just felt the need to say a big THANK YOU to both Pearl Jam and The Ten Club for all that they have done over the past :D many years. I have read too much negativity on the board this past week and all that I know is that both have been with me through the good and the bad throughout these past MANY years and I truly appreciate it. Thank you , Thank you, Thank you !!! Love and Light to all !!! :D:D:D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Yeah! I haven't been a member very long...but a long time fan.
    I appreciate the sentiment however!!!
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    EXACTLY!!! :D

Love the 10 Club!!!
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I got shut out of 3 out of 4 presales and I still love the 10c. I'll be a lifelong member.

Everybody has been coming out of the woodwork bitching this week. I really hope there is a lot of positive stuff on the board in the weeks leading up to the shows. As Rick Pitino once said, "All the negativity in this town sucks!"
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Thanks -- I am not a very active posting member of the boards but I lurk very often and have been really troubled my all of the less then a positive comments on the board this week and the sentiment is to focus on the negative and I feel the need to really re enforce the positive and what this band and club has meant to so many people throughout the many years ! No one is perfect and can expect to be but, just reflect on what it all has meant throughout the year and only love can transpire !!!

Love and light to all !!!!!!!
    I got shut out of 3 out of 4 presales and I still love the 10c. I'll be a lifelong member.

Everybody has been coming out of the woodwork bitching this week. I really hope there is a lot of positive stuff on the board in the weeks leading up to the shows. As Rick Pitino once said, "All the negativity in this town sucks!"

Fenway...u going to Hartford???
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
    IwasBit10 wrote:
    Yup, only one I got in presale. I have big dreams for May 15.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • I know that everyone could not get tickets this week especially to MSG and that really sucks. But I have been a member of the Ten Club for so long and have not gotten tickets to every show that I wanted to go to and God knows I have tried each and every time. Please remember why we all love this band so much and how much we have done to be part of the this experience for so many years.

I watched the recent SNL videos of last weeks performances :D and was brought to tears by all of the joy that this band has brought to me !!! Please don't forget this for this is the reason why we are hear and dedicated !!

Keep the faith -- and love and light to all !! :D:D
    IwasBit10 wrote:

Nice. I'm rollin out there solo, I need some pre-gaming friends...staying in the Hilton....I dunno if that's good or bad, just seemed close....I always feel really young at PJ shows....
  • As Rick Pitino once said, "All the negativity in this town sucks!"

Love the Pitino reference!
    IwasBit10 wrote:
    IwasBit10 wrote:

Nice. I'm rollin out there solo, I need some pre-gaming friends...staying in the Hilton....I dunno if that's good or bad, just seemed close....I always feel really young at PJ shows....
    Yeah, it's gonna be a blast. I think we're going where the pre-party is. We're getting down there early. Not bad hour and a half drive for us. Hope to see ya there!
    IwasBit10 wrote:
    Yeah, it's gonna be a blast. I think we're going where the pre-party is. We're getting down there early. Not bad hour and a half drive for us. Hope to see ya there!

Absolutely! I'm hittin Indy and Cleveland the weekend before. But I must say, I'm way more excited for this show. Just have a good feelin....
  • BZBZ Posts: 45
    edited March 2010
    Love the 10C. Been a long time member. Got many fan club tix and also been shut out of a few. They do a great job.

When PJ recorded Storytellers, I won the "2 lines about why you should go" contest. Somehow, my email never got to me. I wasn't able to confirm that I was going to be a the recording. A day before the show, a fine young lady at 10C tracked me down to make sure that I was going to make it. Talk about service! They could of skipped right over me, but instead, they went out of their way to call multiple numbers to find me. I am forever grateful!

I can't say it loud enough - Thank you 10C!
    Post edited by BZ on
  • Happy for the positive comments and hopefully it can transcend throughout the next many weeks !!

Love Pearl Jam == always have and always will !! Could not imagine my life without them as part of it !! :D:);):D:);)
  • TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
    Yeah, I think they deserve our thanks every once in a while. It's become a little ridiculous that people EXPECT to receive 10C tickets to every show they want just because they want them! Seriously?? Expectations for our $20 membership fee have become absurd---I live in the northeast so I demand to have 10C tix for every show in MA, CT, NY...come on, that's not realistic--when you have 1500 tix per show to give out and 10000+ people trying for them you're going to end up with some pissed off people. A wise man once said "you can't make all of the people happy all of the time".

I think 10C goes above and beyond to help us out and all they get is a consistent barrage of emails and posts about how much they suck because they couldn't make everyone happy. Gee, great way to motivate people who work on our behalf...

Yes, I have scored 10C tix a few times but I've also been shut out...it's not the end of the world. Life goes on. I think it's time 10C gets the thanks they deserve :)
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • BZ wrote:
    Love the 10C. Been a long time member. Got many fan club tix and also been shut out of a few. They do a great job.

When PJ recorded Storytellers, I won the "2 lines about why you should go" contest. Somehow, my email never got to me. I wasn't able to confirm that I was going to be a the recording. A day before the show, a fine young lady at 10C tracked me down to make sure that I was going to make it. Talk about service! They could of skipped right over me, but instead, they went out of their way to call multiple numbers to find me. I am forever grateful!

I can't say it loud enough - Thank you 10C!

Your post made me cry !!! -- Thank you for sharing == That is why we need the positive to overtake the negative !! Love these guys any how they can bring out the best in all situations !!! :D
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    pearljam75 wrote:
    Happy for the positive comments and hopefully it can transcend throughout the next many weeks !!

wait until the tour starts...best time to be here imo...the stories and reviews is when this place really shines...which in the end is what it is all about...

the music

:mrgreen:
  • Tangerine wrote:
    Yeah, I think they deserve our thanks every once in a while. It's become a little ridiculous that people EXPECT to receive 10C tickets to every show they want just because they want them! Seriously?? Expectations for our $20 membership fee have become absurd---I live in the northeast so I demand to have 10C tix for every show in MA, CT, NY...come on, that's not realistic--when you have 1500 tix per show to give out and 10000+ people trying for them you're going to end up with some pissed off people. A wise man once said "you can't make all of the people happy all of the time".

I think 10C goes above and beyond to help us out and all they get is a consistent barrage of emails and posts about how much they suck because they couldn't make everyone happy. Gee, great way to motivate people who work on our behalf...

Yes, I have scored 10C tix a few times but I've also been shut out...it's not the end of the world. Life goes on. I think it's time 10C gets the thanks they deserve :)

I can't agree more --- I have been shut out many, many times since 1994 but have never given up !! This band and club deserve more and do more than any I have ever known !! I am really so happy that so many feel the same way !! Keep it positive !!!
  • norm wrote:
    pearljam75 wrote:
    Happy for the positive comments and hopefully it can transcend throughout the next many weeks !!

wait until the tour starts...best time to be here imo...the stories and reviews is when this place really shines...which in the end is what it is all about...

the music

:mrgreen:

Could not agree more !!! How easily some forget !! Thank you for keeping it positive !!! :D
  • PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    So very nice to see a thread with some positive vibes in it...wow...been a rough week for the 10C, the band as well as the fans who were shut out/forced to wait too long/etc...
    This bands music brings ALL of us together, in many shapes and forms...

I too say a hearty "THANKS" - not only to the band for being awesome and for touring again - but to the folks around here tryin' to stay positive amongst all the recent nastiness spewed on here.

Good luck to those attempting general sales thru TM -

Ahem...to all the negative people (who will undoubtedly flame me :))- try not to ruin the happy vibe for those who scored tix -try not to jump to judgement about PJ playin' a Target employee show, having $90 ticket prices...enuff, really. We are fortunate this band and 10C do what they do - FOR US - remember that.

Share the love, spread the Jam and be kind to each other. If you feel the need to be negative - UNPLUG from your computer, step outside - turn on some of your favorite PJ and "smile"...my grandpa used to have a saying - that is very appropriate to the recent complaining round these parts - "There are 1 billion Chinese who could give a damn"...

PEACE
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    Backspacer is a really good album.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    positive thread,my type... :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    top of the range thread old son :D its nice to be nice init ;)
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    :D

I love threads like this....never get sick of 'em....not enough of 'em, either... :mrgreen:

I heart 10c too!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Keep focusing on what we love about this band and this club !! Looking forward the upcoming shows !! 8-)8-)
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    pearljam75 wrote:
    Keep focusing on what we love about this band and this club !! Looking forward the upcoming shows !! 8-)8-)
    wish i was going to one but hey ive still go Glastonbury 94 days to go :mrgreen:
  • OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,033
    kool_aid.jpg
  • Nice positive post, finally! Enjoy the music and shows. Peace.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

Montreal 20/06/03, Montreal 15/09/05, Ottawa 16/09/05. Montreal 1 (EV) 09/08/08; Albany 2 (EV) 09/06/09.
    Toronto 21/08/09; Cleveland 9/05/10; Buffalo 10/05/10. Montreal 7/09/11; Toronto 11/9/11; Toronto 12/9/11; Ottawa 14/9/11.
    London 16/07/13; Pittsburg 11/10/13; Buffalo 12/10/13. Moline (No Code) 17/10/14, St Paul 19/10/14, Milwaukee (Yield) 20/10/14.
    Quebec City 5/5/2016, Ottawa 8/5/2016; Toronto (Binaural) 10/5/2016, Toronto 12/5/2016 (Completed Ten, finally got Oceans).
    London 18/7/2018, London 19/7/2018 :(, Boston 2/9/2018.
    Quebec City 1/9/2022; Ottawa 3/9/2022; Hamilton 6/9/2022, Toronto 8/9/2022.
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Sunday bump!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • hollyster70hollyster70 Posts: 228
    AMEN! Thanks PJ & 10C!
    Be Kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle
  • Keep the good karma and vibes going ! ;)