This is why you got 300 level seats for MSG

rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Just saw this as the front page of one of NJ's paper...

http://www.nj.com/starledger/pdf/friday.pdf

Really interesting stuff and it's so true. There was no way getting around it. Hey, at least all of us who are sitting in the 300 level will be around true fans...not some random schmo who scalped his way in.
Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
Butthead: Huh huh.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Just saw this as the front page of one of NJ's paper...

http://www.nj.com/starledger/pdf/friday.pdf

Really interesting stuff and it's so true. There was no way getting around it. Hey, at least all of us who are sitting in the 300 level will be around true fans...not some random schmo who scalped his way in.

yeah i read that too.. so appropriate for today
  • Good post. All of this could be combated if they really wanted to. But as I said before, once the tickets are sold and the money is made, they could really care less about us. Its just like anything else that goes through 20 sets of hands before it reaches the final consumer (think wholesale or illegal substances lol).

Here is a link to the whole article

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/0 ... trugg.html
    "he who forgets-will be destined to remember"
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    C'mon

you mean to tell us you didnt know TM " presales " are just a way of TM selling out the less desirable seats, firstly ?
    Aside from the Wiseguy tickets situation, theyve done this in the past with U2 and Springsteen.
    Youre actually better off for the General Onsales.

Best Of Luck Everybody.

I was on a "T" Line at my hospital and i pulled up 347 , all the way in the back and up from the stage

Pearl Jam would look like termites on the stage !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • PJAM 10PJAM 10 Posts: 13
    Thanks for posting this. I think ticket sales should go back to the way it used to be. Camping out overnight in front of the venue or the music store (tower records for me). I had so much fun hanging out with all my friends and meeting new ones as we all told stories about which ever band we were in line to see. or for the ten club, go back to the mail order ticketing, not only was it convienent and stress free, but we also had our names on the ticket stub!

Anyways, I'll see you all up in the 300's.
  • loladog1loladog1 Posts: 95
    Section 349.........Wow.......I'm speechless
    lolla 8/2/92 - soldier field 7/11/95 - east troy 6/26/98 6/27/98 - Chicago 6/29/99 - east troy 10/8/00 - Champaign 4/23/03 - Chicago 6/18/03 - east troy 6/21/03 - PNC Park 9/28/05 (stones opener) - Chicago 5/16/06 - Chicago 5/17/06 - Summerfest 06 - the vic 8/2/07 - lolla 8/5/07 - MSG #2 08 - EV solo 8/08 - Chicago 8/23/09 8/24/09 - Los Angeles 10/6/09 10/7/09, EV Boston, Chi, NY 11, PJ20 East Troy, WI - Chicago 7/19/13 - Cinci 10/1/14, Moline, IL 10/17/14, Jacksonville, FL 4/13/16 - Toronto 5/10/16 -  Boston 8/7/16 - Chicago 8/20 & 8/22/16 - Chicago 8/18 & 8/20/18 - St Louis 9/18/22 - St Paul 8/31/23 - Chicago 9/5 & 9/7/23 - Ft Worth 9/13/23 - Austin 9/18/23 - LV 5/16/22 - LA 5/22/24
  • whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305
    This is what happens when business intrudes in areas it shouldn't; everything is corporate controlled and all about $$$$$. Noone cares about us.
    e.g. MLB
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    I was on a "T" Line at my hospital and i pulled up 347 , all the way in the back and up from the stage

Pearl Jam would look like termites on the stage !

check out the msg website and look at the stage view...they're not that bad, believe me. at least we're in the building.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • jets521jets521 Posts: 804
    Wachovia Center, Philadelphia - 10/3/05
    Tweeter Center, Camden - 5/27/06
    Verizon Center, Wash. DC - 5/30/06
    Bonnaroo, Manchester, TN - 6/14/08
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 6/19/08
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/28/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/30/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/31/09
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 5/21/10
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 10/21/13
    1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore - 10/27/13
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 4/28/16
    Enterprise Center, Saint Louis - 9/18/22
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    There will be much better seats tomorrow. Guaranteed. Yep.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    There will be much better seats tomorrow. Guaranteed. Yep.

agreed .

so everyone knows,

all throughout the MSG arena,
    any 200 Section only has 6 or 7 rows in it.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Spark28Spark28 Posts: 64
    The bots have been a problem for years. They constantly watch events and buy the tickets as soon as they are released. The general public never has a chance.

Interesting article on some people who got caught:
    http://articles.latimes.com/2010/mar/01/business/la-fi-ticketmaster-wiseguy2-2010mar02

As for presales, Ticketmaster does not select the locations. Those are generally determined by the promoter and the venue. The promoter usually makes most of the best seats available for a presale, but will always hold some good seats back for the general on sale.

The fact of the matter is that it is now far too easy to resell tickets. With sites like Ticketmaster's Ticketexchange, ticketsnow, stubhub, etc, it provides too much incentive for people to purchase the tickets purely on speculation that they will be resold for more. People from all over the country are purchasing tickets with no intent on actually going to the show. It's no longer your local scalper paying people to stand in line at the outlet in the grocery store.

This is one of the main reasons that you see ticket prices increasing. Content providers (bands, sports teams, etc.) see the prices that people are getting on the secondary market. In turn, they think why should this scalper be profiting from my performance? If people are willing to pay $300 a ticket, I would rather have that money than a scalper.

The problem comes down to supply and demand. As Pearl Jam keeps playing less and less shows, it is going to be harder and more expensive to get tickets. Since they seem to have forgotten about the state of Colorado, I went to an MSG show in 2008. If they had played here, I wouldn't have traveled and there would have been two more tickets available for someone in NY. The only way tickets will be cheaper is if they increase the supply by playing more shows, or decrease the demand by just playing a bunch of crappy ones. (I prefer the first option, preferably in Colorado. Seriously Red Rocks is really nice.)