*PREDATORS*......trailer

g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
edited June 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Sharpen your wristblades and go watch this! Awesome! Looking forward to this flick.

Peace
*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
.....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Nice find, I was watching the behind the scenes stuff last week. Hope it's good.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    "GET TO THE CHOPPAAAA!!!!!"

Seriously though. Predator owns, this should be righteous.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Looks good to me :thumbup:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • I hope it gets the R rating to live up to the previous 2
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • smg97791smg97791 Posts: 151
    edited March 2010
    Very nostalgic to see a Predator sequel in the jungle like the first one, but to be realistic its probably gonna suck and suck bad.
    Post edited by smg97791 on
    smg97791 wrote:
    Very nostalgic to see a Predator sequel in the jungle like the first one, but to be realisitc its probably gonna suck and suck bad.
    That's the expectation I'm going in with so that it will seem like the best movie I've ever seen ;)

The behind the scenes had Rodriguez saying they're ignoring all other Predator movies in their approach - because he thought the AVPs blew, and he said they can't outdo Dutch so why try. So we'll see.

FYI the AvP video game is quite good!!
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    why must they revive this? 1 and 2 are great, but this is way too risky to soil the franchise (excluding that steaming pile of shit avp)
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    DAMN! just hope it doesnt pull a terminator 4 (and 3 for that matter...)

looks like it has some potential though

great director for the job and a pretty good cast
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
    pinwheel wrote:
    why must they revive this? 1 and 2 are great, but this is way too risky to soil the franchise (excluding that steaming pile of shit avp)
    If you'd believe the director, he agrees with you, so he's got the right mindset for the job.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    looks like a good cast ... hopefully they are in it because of the script/director and not looking for a paycheque ...
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Looking at the end of the clip, Robert Rodriguez didn't direct this, he produced it. Still looks good though.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    youngster wrote:
    Looking at the end of the clip, Robert Rodriguez didn't direct this, he produced it. Still looks good though.
    You're correct, my bad!
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Rygar wrote:
    pinwheel wrote:
    If you'd believe the director, he agrees with you, so he's got the right mindset for the job.
    the right mindset would be to let the series rest as a great original and very good sequel. it's been 20 years. no need to wake it up--it ran it's course. nostalgia is all this will be good for i'm betting. i never understood the whole "bring it to a new generation" mindset. if the new generation doesn't get the original then why bother? if there was a sincere interest in making predator 3 it would've happened in the early 90s. this appears to be a cash grab.

that being said...i know my hypocritical ass will be watching it and hating myself the whole time out of obligation to the series.
  • StarfallStarfall Posts: 548
    I'm sure a sequel is in the works, as well as a few more video games based on the movie.

On a related note, I absolutely loved the Alien Vs Predator games... it's just an absolutely terrifying feeling fumbling around in the dark as a Colonial Marine, with only your motion tracker and your ears alerting you to the scurrying sound of a facehugger on the floor... only to be greeted with the raspy clicking of a Predator's snarl just as you see his shoulder cannon prepare to fire a plasma bolt.
    "It's not hard to own something. Or everything. You just have to know that it's yours, and then be willing to let it go." - Neil Gaiman, "Stardust"
    pinwheel wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    pinwheel wrote:
    the right mindset would be to let the series rest as a great original and very good sequel. it's been 20 years. no need to wake it up--it ran it's course. nostalgia is all this will be good for i'm betting. i never understood the whole "bring it to a new generation" mindset. if the new generation doesn't get the original then why bother? if there was a sincere interest in making predator 3 it would've happened in the early 90s. this appears to be a cash grab.

that being said...i know my hypocritical ass will be watching it and hating myself the whole time out of obligation to the series.
    And if it kicks ass you can come back here and quote yourself ;)
  • coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,459
    i hope gary busey is back!
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    it will be fun to watch. i don't like it being a game planet or whatever. pretty easy plot. doubt they can find a cool twist to that or anything special. will be just a chase movie as everyone is slowly knocked off til the most attractive people are left..or no one.

but i will see it 8-)
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    I remember this movie. I was high as shit when I saw it