Pearl Jam: Thanks for what you did in LA.

VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Came to a small 4000-5000 seat venue for 4 nights. Said I can go to any or all of the shows but I only get 10c seats for 1 show. As a result, I was sitting at LA3, the night I picked, in close proximity I thought my 25X,XXX number would never get me near. It was intimate, and the sound quality was spectacular. I only attended LA3 and could have gone to TM for other nights but I didn't. The 10c ticket purchase process was amazingly smooth. It really worked well. I hope you do it this way the next time you come to LA.
Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BizzzyBozzzyBizzzyBozzzy Posts: 388
    edited March 2010
    I flew from NY for the LA2 show (and to see a friend). That was an amazing experience. I have a 3xx,xxx number and I was surprised how close I was on Mike's side.

A great night.
  • mustbechrismustbechris Posts: 228
    glad to see someone not whining on here because they feel that they're entitled to something and aren't getting it. good for you. nice to see some positivity around here for once.
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Flew in for LA4 from NY. Best show I have been too. Great seats and really terrific sound...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    ... and if you recalll...
    There were actually people here bitching that those Universal Ampitheater tickets were up in the Goods section for too long of a time. Fuck them.
    I think it was a fair way to run things. Most of the L.A. and vicinity fans that I know, doubled up and split their tickets with another member and bought one night each. This meant 2 Fan Club seats, 2 TicketMaster luck of the draw seats... we were all pretty happy.
    And 'Hunger Strike' with Chris Cornell was pretty special.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • I completely agree. My ten Club # is in the 400s and I was easily 10 rows back on Night 1. Tickets seemed almost too east to get for those shows than the MSG or Boston and that was only 4000 or so seats! The Gibson was perfect to do 4 nights there, any seat in the house is killer...
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    Yeah, based on my 2003 and 2006 experiences, I thought I was doomed for life with my 10c number. In San Diego 2003, I was on the floor way back by the sound and lighting stage. Probably 40 rows back and I could only see the band's hair and maybe their eyes when they jumped. At Irvine 2003, no issues with the viewing obstructions, I just couldn't believe all those people in front of me were 10c members. I was way back. Farther back than the lighting and sound stage. Pearl Jam looked like ants they were so far away. At the forum on 2006, up the sides policy avoided the San Diego situation but I felt like the helicopter guy viewing a police chase. Didn't really feel part of it. But LA3 was amazing. I fealt what I so commonly heard about, that close experience. That whole deal of spreading it over 4 nights in the more intimate setting was a dream come true. I'm not at all upset over the 1-night-only policy for 10C tickets. I think it would have been an utter nightmare if people could get 10c tickets for all 4 nights. The Cornell & Cantrell thing was a definite bonus.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • SP96445SP96445 Posts: 215
    Saw all 4 shows and completely agree with the positive sentiment of the experience. My 10c tix for night 1 were good not great but got very decent TM tix for other 3.
    LA is a very jaded crowd for EVERY band that plays there and can easily disappoint out-of-towners with the "show me something to impress me" vibe. I just try to ignore it and stay in my own movie.
    Looking forward to Columbus & Indy. Hope they revisit the local sports teams PJ/logo shirts
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    edited March 2010
    when i had to chose 1 show to go to, i chose n2 because everyone was worried about not getting tix so they went for n1 and n2 & 3 were the next week and a lot of out of towners wanted to do the 3 (la and san diego) so i figured n2 would be easiest

my selection got me front row in front of stone...i still remember looking at the tix and seeing 'row aaa'...for about 10 seconds i wasn't sure i was reading it right

and the band didn't disappoint that night...highlights for me were the first 'lukin with strings' :lol: and 'driven to tears'...the police were my first favorite band and to hear them do it was something special

thanks 10c for all your hard work and dedication...it can't be easy with fans like us

thanks mike, stone, jeff, matt, boom & ed...you've never disappointed me and never will

:mrgreen:

EDIT: and for the other 3 shows i got single from tm and had great seats...but there really isn't a bad seat there...they could play there every time from now on :thumbup:
    Post edited by norm on
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Those LA shows were amazing. That venue was perfect. Even those in the outer reaches were up close. That place is awesome. I bought night 4 and traded with a person on this board for night 3.

Then hit up TM for nights 1 and 2. All of my seats were great compared to other LA venues.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Loving these stories about west coast love. Great to see some happy people on here sharing good memories about great music.

I'll always regret not following through on a plan to hit LA 3 + 4 and San Diego. Would have been a great couple days. Happy for all of you that were there.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,802
    The sound was amazing at the Gibson !!

Hail Hail to the 10C!
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,796
    My 1st time in LA and hopefully not my last......... Black D's singing got really annoying, I couldn't hear Ed due to that tone deaf mofo ;)

Great atmosphere in and around the venue...... Amazing time
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    Came to a small 4000-5000 seat venue for 4 nights. Said I can go to any or all of the shows but I only get 10c seats for 1 show. As a result, I was sitting at LA3, the night I picked, in close proximity I thought my 25X,XXX number would never get me near. It was intimate, and the sound quality was spectacular. I only attended LA3 and could have gone to TM for other nights but I didn't. The 10c ticket purchase process was amazingly smooth. It really worked well. I hope you do it this way the next time you come to LA.

Glad you had a gr8 time!!!

iwould of defo wanted to be at one of those gigs for sure!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    Cosmo wrote:

I would love to experience this.
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    I agree 100%. I bought LA4 and travelled alone from Australia. Managed to arrange a swap with someone else on the forum for our spares and got to see LA3 as well. Probably the best gigs and venue I've ever been to. Amazing nights.
  • kasedougkasedoug Posts: 2,934
    I also agree. While I've always loved PJ ever since I was 11 back in '91 and Ten was one of the first CDs I ever bought, I was a little late to join 10C. Having only been a member since 06, I was extremely stoked to find my 10C seats in the 5th row Orchestra for night 1. Great show and I've always been appreciative of 10C's efforts with ticketing, having also been 2nd row for EV in Santa Barbara in 08.
  • En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,647
    Whew, where do I begin....

Well this might be hard to believe, but LA 3 was my first Pearl Jam concert. What an experience! At the time I didn't know the entire history behind Cornell and the guys, but when Eddie said "We have a lot of old friends here in LA and I would like to welcome to the stage, Mr. Chris Cornell" They place EXPLODED. I still remember the feeling and it comes back every time I hear the boot. Insanely powerful stuff. That was and will prob continue to be my all-time fave PJ moment. At that moment I was hooked (I am hitting my 5th -- 9th shows in May!) Night 4 was awesome as well, but nothing will compare to when I heard the opening bars of Sometimes and my live Pearl Jam experience was born. To say I was hooked is an understatement.

I had the most amazing time going by myself and meeting so many fans who shared a common interest as I and hearing their awesome stories. It all got topped off by hitting the 5th row in SD and then wrapped up one of my favorite months ever by seeing them at the Spectrum on Halloween.

.....But I will always go back to my first shows... October 6th and 7th in Los Angeles, CA.

THANK YOU PEARL JAM!!! :mrgreen:
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    Love reading all these great things about the LA Pearl Jam shows :)
    Good stuff indeed!
    Peace.
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • bwordbword Posts: 74
    LA 3 &4 were magic!
    Ripple in still water when there is no pebble tossed nor wind to blow...
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    OGT92 wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:

I would love to experience this.

It made $2000 worth of airfares from down here worth it.