honestly, if you didnt get msg, go to indy

JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
edited March 2010 in The Porch
or buffalo or columbus..your seats will be MUCH better..dont listen to the whole PJ does better in NY shit..I was at both MSG shows in 08 and also in Columbia SC..they gave it 110% each night and SC was actually the better show because my seats were amazing and in NY I was about 35 rows back on the floor..
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    so you want me to travel a few 100 miles just to see pj all because of a limited ticket sale. thats funny dude, really that is.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,272
    local nyc people are shocked that pj msg is a hot ticket

now, that IS funny

waaaaaa
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    lol ok buy the plane tickets and hotel
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

now, that IS funny

waaaaaa

no im not
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

now, that IS funny

waaaaaa

not shocked at all but his idea is flat out stupid. for the money i'd spend on hotel and airfare and everything else, id be better off getting a ticket through ebay

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    indy? where the hell is that? i'm sorry i'm only familiar with the tristate area.
  • JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    metsfan wrote:
    so you want me to travel a few 100 miles just to see pj all because of a limited ticket sale. thats funny dude, really that is.

Yeah..why not.. I am traveling from Atl which is a hell of a lot further than few hundred miles.. would have gone to the other shows but schedule wouldnt allow it
    metsfan wrote:

now, that IS funny

waaaaaa

not shocked at all but his idea is flat out stupid. for the money i'd spend on hotel and airfare and everything else, id be better off getting a ticket through ebay

welcome to nyc, where hard core pj fans from scotland and texas go...among other cities....

waaaa
    KO282453 wrote:
    indy? where the hell is that? i'm sorry i'm only familiar with the tristate area.

bingo
    JR86440 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

Yeah..why not.. I am traveling from Atl which is a hell of a lot further than few hundred miles.. would have gone to the other shows but schedule wouldnt allow it
    CAUSE I DONT HAVE THAT KIND OF MONEY. as i''m sure alota other nyc area people don't either.

metsfan wrote:

now, that IS funny

waaaaaa

stupid.. you are the dumb one...must be a true new yorker and a yankee fan to boot.. the seats you get at msg will cost you less than what it will cost to go to the other places and your seats will be MUCH better ..drive, it isnt that far..
    JR86440 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

now, that IS funny

waaaaaa

stupid.. you are the dumb one...must be a true new yorker and a yankee fan to boot.. the seats you get at msg will cost you less than what it will cost to go to the other places and your seats will be MUCH better ..drive, it isnt that far..
    yea dude i'm really a yankees fan too. go get lost. it's people like you that come on here and think your hot shit that really make me long for the old days of this board where it was a community and didn't have elitist roaming around.

• Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    metsfan wrote:

now, that IS funny

waaaaaa

Actually it was reasonable. I am doing it.

Flight out of LAG, Hotel, Car and Tix to show was $475, which would be about what you would scalp for 2 to garden plus I get to go somewhere I have never been and it's outside and I hope much better seats :D
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • That's what I'm thinking, especially If all that's out there are scalper seat for $3-500. But who has extra Indy seats? Nobody seems to be popping up with one...........
    "he who forgets-will be destined to remember"
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    the only redeeming factor about msg is the cheap transpo from the tri states.. all those other shows would be hundreds of dollars more to attend..
    edited March 2010
    metsfan wrote:

now, that IS funny

waaaaaa

Flight out of LAG, Hotel, Car and Tix to show was $475, which would be about what you would scalp for 2 to garden plus I get to go somewhere I have never been and it's outside and I hope much better seats :D
    enjoy dude

i don't have the money nor i can afford to take off from work. that's why these shows are the only ones i can go to. i'd love to see pj in a half empty arena or amphitheater :roll: .
    Post edited by Gary Carter on

the only redeeming factor about msg is the cheap transpo from the tri states.. all those other shows would be hundreds of dollars more to attend..
    wow someone else gets it too. i guess i'm not the only one who thinks wit logic around here, cool.

• patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    KO282453 wrote:

Another example of a cocky east coast person. :roll:
    metsfan wrote:

now, that IS funny

waaaaaa

finally, somebody with half a brain on this msg board
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    KO282453 wrote:

"Awww shucks, ya thats me":::wipes small tear from corner of my eye:::: :mrgreen:
    KO282453 wrote:
    KO282453 wrote:

"Awww shucks, ya thats me":::wipes small tear from corner of my eye:::: :mrgreen:
    :lol::lol::lol:

sorry pat but that was a good comeback

• in eds treein eds tree Posts: 539
    the fighting on this board is retarded.

i'm stoked to go to msg, no matter where i sit, because it will be my first time in new york AND i get to see pearl jam. however, if they were playing in the denver area i would probably not be travelling, i get why people don't want to travel, it's fucking expensive. i only have a little extra from my tax return lol
    keep on rockin' in the free world.
    KO282453 wrote:
    KO282453 wrote:

"Awww shucks, ya thats me

Glad you agree. ;)

Mets,

I don't care about comebacks I'm just saying how it is. :D
  • wnh1977wnh1977 Posts: 618
    metsfan wrote:

Everybody has their different factors in place. I live in the middle of Iowa... the minimum distance I've had to travel to a show is 3.5 hours (180 miles). I've taken really long drives to Memphis and Indianapolis to see them and flew to Pittsburgh to see them open for the Stones... every time I've had to add hotel costs. I'm not asking for a pat on the back or claiming to be a bigger fan than those that won't travel. I guess I just accept that to see my favorite band it will take quite a financial and time commitment. Time off work, money for gas, money for hotels, etc.

I'm not trying to pass judgment on east coasters that won't travel... to each their own. I would definitely encourage east coasters to go to a place like Indy or St. Louis... it's not like these are far inferior shows. And yes, you'll very likely end up with much better seats. But if you can't do it, fine. It's up to each person to decide how much time and money they're willing to invest. I was lucky enough to get MSG II tickets... That's a lot of money (roundtrip airfare, concert tickets, 3 night hotel stay), but it's going to be the time of my life.
    1998: 6/26, 6/27, 6/29
    2000: 8/15, 8/18, 10/9, 10/11, 10/12
    2003: 6/18, 6/21, 6/22
    2005: 9/9, 9/28
    2006: 5/16, 5/17, 6/26, 6/27
    2007: 8/5
    2009: 8/23, 8/24
    2010: 5/3, 5/4, 5/21
    2011: 9/3, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12
    2013: 7/19, 11/16
    2014: 10/3, 10/9, 10/12, 10/17
    2016: 4/16, 8/20, 8/22
    2018: 8/18, 8/20, 9/2
    2022: 9/18
    2023: 8/31, 9/2, 9/5
    2024: 5/18, 6/29
    wnh1977 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

Everybody has their different factors in place. I live in the middle of Iowa... the minimum distance I've had to travel to a show is 3.5 hours (180 miles). I've taken really long drives to Memphis and Indianapolis to see them and flew to Pittsburgh to see them open for the Stones... every time I've had to add hotel costs. I'm not asking for a pat on the back or claiming to be a bigger fan than those that won't travel. I guess I just accept that to see my favorite band it will take quite a financial and time commitment. Time off work, money for gas, money for hotels, etc.

I'm not trying to pass judgment on east coasters that won't travel... to each their own. I would definitely encourage east coasters to go to a place like Indy or St. Louis... it's not like these are far inferior shows. And yes, you'll very likely end up with much better seats. But if you can't do it, fine. It's up to each person to decide how much time and money they're willing to invest. I was lucky enough to get MSG II tickets... That's a lot of money (roundtrip airfare, concert tickets, 3 night hotel stay), but it's going to be the time of my life.

Have a great time. :D
  • metsfan wrote:

I do it all the time. I just lucked out on this tour!!
    Makes much more sense.................
    To Live......................
    In the present tense.
  • wnh1977wnh1977 Posts: 618
    edited March 2010
    KO282453 wrote:

Might I suggest stepping outside of your bubble and experiencing something different for a change? Just kidding. Again, do what you want to do... it doesn't bother me. If I had to wait for Pearl Jam to come within 100 miles of me, my show total would be 0 instead of 20.
    Post edited by wnh1977 on
    1998: 6/26, 6/27, 6/29
    2000: 8/15, 8/18, 10/9, 10/11, 10/12
    2003: 6/18, 6/21, 6/22
    2005: 9/9, 9/28
    2006: 5/16, 5/17, 6/26, 6/27
    2007: 8/5
    2009: 8/23, 8/24
    2010: 5/3, 5/4, 5/21
    2011: 9/3, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12
    2013: 7/19, 11/16
    2014: 10/3, 10/9, 10/12, 10/17
    2016: 4/16, 8/20, 8/22
    2018: 8/18, 8/20, 9/2
    2022: 9/18
    2023: 8/31, 9/2, 9/5
    2024: 5/18, 6/29
    wnh1977 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

i'd love to travel right now but money is tight and these are the only 2 shows i can afford and wanna go see. i also need to save for other concerts that i might like to go to during the year around me

wnh1977 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

Thank you! I make a suggestion and people get all pissed off..I guess that is what happens when NY is the center of the universe

Glad you agree. ;)

Mets,

I don't care about comebacks I'm just saying how it is. :D
    spoken like a true cheesehad :P haha