Fan Club Only MSG Show..

JB273968JB273968 Posts: 61
edited March 2010 in The Porch
It seems to me that you could sell out the Garden with fan-club only tickets. If all the band/venue/ promoters care about is selling out the venue, why not open up the entire stadium to members not just a selection. Clearly this is a popular destination show for PJ ten club members, we are all already $20/$25 into the band (a year), why should the public get a chance to see them, when clearly their is ample evidence to suggest that the most hardcore-dedicated fans could buy out the venue. If after a week, ten-clubbers don't buy out the stadium then the remaining should go onsale to the public.

Anyone second this plan?

Between the ChristmApril single, the way the dropped the ball on the Super-deluxe Ten Club "Ten" reissue (got mine 10 weeks after it went on sale), the entire ticketing debacle, Ten Club has really not given the paying fans a lot of value for their loyalty lately.

To paraphrase Eddie "It is our responsibility, to take these people to task, cause if we don't pay attention they will walk all over us". (Though he might have been talking about the Bush administration at the time).
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    JB273968 wrote:
    It seems to me that you could sell out the Garden with fan-club only tickets. If all the band/venue/ promoters care about is selling out the venue, why not open up the entire stadium to members not just a selection. Clearly this is a popular destination show for PJ ten club members, we are all already $20/$25 into the band (a year), why should the public get a chance to see them, when clearly their is ample evidence to suggest that the most hardcore-dedicated fans could buy out the venue. If after a week, ten-clubbers don't buy out the stadium then the remaining should go onsale to the public.

Anyone second this plan?

Between the ChristmApril single, the way the dropped the ball on the Super-deluxe Ten Club "Ten" reissue (got mine 10 weeks after it went on sale), the entire ticketing debacle, Ten Club has really not given the paying fans a lot of value for their loyalty lately.

To paraphrase Eddie "It is our responsibility, to take these people to task, cause if we don't pay attention they will walk all over us". (Though he might have been talking about the Bush administration at the time).

I actually thought about this idea on a couple of occasions. I think it would totally work. Plus, imagine how cool it would be to have 17-20,000 fan club members all in the same place at the same time. It would be amazing.
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    people would still bitch about the fact that they were pressing refresh for 5 hours :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Good suggestion but people would still find something to gripe about. You just can't please everybody. Besides, my number would put me up in the nosebleeds so.. PASS. Come to Florida DAMMITT!!!!! Still waiting for Mike's homecoming show.
    I'm still alive..
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,834
    Fan Club gets priority.

If your member number is 1-99,999, you get to buy tickets over a 48 hour time frame.
    If your member number is 100,000 through 199,999, you get the next 48 hour window.
    If your member number is 200,000 through 299,999, you get the next 48 hour window.

...and so on and so forth.

Any other tickets, and there would be very few left, would go to general public just to guarantee a full house.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    hate to be a naysayer, but i dont think they could sell it out, with a fan club only show.

20,000 members?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    what would be even better would be if said show were to take place on a new years eve
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    Seriously, could you imagine the noise on here from those who ended up in the 400s at the fan club only show... :lol:
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    JB273968 wrote:

Anyone second this plan?

That would be awesome but i don't think that is ever Gonna Happen!!! :(
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    people would still bitch about the fact that they were pressing refresh for 5 hours :lol:
    :lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • msilva31msilva31 Posts: 180
    What about the Paramount Theater which seats 4000 people which is attached to MSG. PJ played there IN April of 1994 just shortly after Kurt Cobain tried to kill himself in Rome. I remember because that was my first ever PJ show which got me into the 10 club. They could easily sel that out to 10 club members and it would be an itimate evening for all 10c members, and now you're talking. Thoughts?????
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813

20,000 members?

think there are 450,000 + members now,
    and i think they were all trying for the presales at the same time !
    :)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    It would have to be a non-ticketmaster/live Nation venue. Maybe Randall's Island!
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    didnt they do it in seattle in 96 ????? there would be no doubt in my mind that a MSG fan club only concert would sell out ....

mark my word ......they do it again for there 20th birthday party
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
    Bathgate66 wrote:

20,000 members?

the active - paid members today are 73213
    i think the pro with msg is that people see it as a chanve to travel to see ny too,exept the band
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Bathgate66 wrote:

20,000 members?

i think the pro with msg is that people see it as a chanve to travel to see ny too,exept the band

true afterall its is touristy nyc

where is this number from?
    i shouldve typed "fanclub numbers",
    are up above 450K
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • i think the only way PJ could pull it off, is if they offer a hotel package, hotel + tickets, perhaps a few site seeing tickets as well (i.e. circle line, statue of liberty, etc.)
    Bathgate66 wrote:

true afterall its is touristy nyc

where is this number from?
    i shouldve typed "fanclub numbers",
    are up above 450K
    go to your messages..
    User Control Panel- user groups - paid members
    ucan see the Registered users
  • The Wembley show in 2007 was fan club only on the floor with general public in the seats; there must have been at least 5,000 people on the floor. Because there were so many 10C members there the band played an awesome set-list. I know, I was there - it would be the same if they did it at msg :D
    Wembley
    Dublin
    Leeds
    Reading
    Wembley
    Manchester
    O2 London
    Belfast
    Hyde Park
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,249
    I bet they could probably get 15,000 fans to come but how would that work MSG probably has an exclusive deal with TM how would PJ convince the powers that be to agree ? ....I would travel anywhere for a 10C members only gig ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    I bet they could probably get 15,000 fans to come but how would that work MSG probably has an exclusive deal with TM how would PJ convince the powers that be to agree ? ....I would travel anywhere for a 10C members only gig ...
    +1
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,687
    Maybe they could do the 20th Anniversary Show as 10c MEMBERS only and hold it at MSG. That would be amazing 8-)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • chloe10chloe10 Posts: 46
    msilva31 wrote:
    What about the Paramount Theater which seats 4000 people which is attached to MSG. PJ played there IN April of 1994 just shortly after Kurt Cobain tried to kill himself in Rome. I remember because that was my first ever PJ show which got me into the 10 club. They could easily sel that out to 10 club members and it would be an itimate evening for all 10c members, and now you're talking. Thoughts?????

no longer called the paramount anymore. That show was actually April 17 1994 about two weeks after Kurt comitted suicide. Was my first show. I wasn't in tht 10C then but got the tickets through radio contest. That show was mainly 10C and the rest of the tickets were allotted to NYC radio you still had to pay but the only other way besides 10C was to win them from a radio contest which put you on a list. Than had to pick the tix up mornin of the show at the box office.

An all 10c MSG show would be awesome, and would most def sell out.
    4/17/1994 Paramount Theatre NYC, 9/28/1996 Randall's Island NYC, 6/14/1998 Tibetan Freedom Concert Washington DC, 8/23/2000 Jones Beach NY, 4/29/2003 Albany NY, 7/9/2003 MSG, 5/12/2006 Albany NY, 6/1/2006 Continental Airlines Arena NJ, 6/3/2006 Continental Airlines Arena NJ, 6/24/2008 MSG, 6/25/2008 MSG, 10/30/2009 Philadelphia PA, 10/31/2009 Philadelphia PA, 5/18/2010 Newark NJ, 5/20/2010 MSG, 5/21/2010 MSG
  • cippociappocippociappo Posts: 692
    Mmm.

What about all the money that the powers that be make by sclaping tickets, etc...
    I don't think anyone wants a concert where everyone has paid face for tickets.

Just my 2 cents...

(of course it would be awesome if possible)
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    hate to be a naysayer, but i dont think they could sell it out, with a fan club only show.

20,000 members?

I don't think so either. I am very close to NYC and passing on these shows cuz they always play here and I love outdoor venues. Msg is getting old...
  • Dont think this would ever happen anywhere. Think of the the back door dealings that would have to suffer since ALL the seats would be allocated to PJ. Some people have season tickets at a Venue, regardless of the event.
    Tell the Captain the boats not safe were drowning, turns out he's the one making waves.

9/29/96~9/10/98~9/11/98~8/24/00~8/25/00~4/30/03~7/08/03~7/09/03~9/15/05~9/16/05~10/1/05~5/5/06~5/12/06~5/13/06~5/27/06~5/28/06~6/1/06~6/3/06~6~19/08~6/24/08~6/25/08~6/27/08~8/5/08~10/30/09~10/31/09~5/20/10~5/21/10
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,277
    good idea!
    danny d