Tim Hortons

JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Just out of curiosity I looked in the phone book to see how many Tim's we have in my town. Our population is 165,000 people and we have 24 freaking Tim Hortons. Our hospital alone has two of them in it. I personally don't drink coffee or tea so I don't understand the addiction but it's like they put cocaine or something in their coffee! Too bad Tim Horton died so young he'd be a billionaire! How many addicts are there out there?
If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    they have the worst dougnuts.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    81 wrote:
    they have the worst dougnuts.
    Maybe, but their doughnuts aren't bad.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I would kill for some Horton doughnuts....alas, no Tim Hortons in Alabama :(
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    tybird wrote:

I seen on the news not long ago that by 2013 they're opening another 600 in the US and Canada so maybe you'll get lucky.
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • I love Tim Horton's coffee...

We have 2 Tim Horton's on the same corner here :o ...They are all over the place, and I'm not complaining :)
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    I had a really bad experience at tim hortons this morning
    and they didnt even give me my friggin Rrrol up.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,573
    I love Tim Hortons. Medium hot chocolate & double chocolate donut! *drools .

There's probably more then a 100 Tim Horton stores here in Halifax, Bedford, Sackville & Dartmouth. The distance is pretty small together. Some stores are 5 minutes away while some are close to a minute away! :shock:
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    That's some good coffee, eh?

strange_brew_mckenzie.jpg
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Jukee wrote:
    tybird wrote:

I seen on the news not long ago that by 2013 they're opening another 600 in the US and Canada so maybe you'll get lucky.
    I can only dream...... 8-)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    edited March 2010
    Damn...I feel really stupid. I have no idea what Tim Hortons is...

Obviously I can gather that it's a restaurant chain that serves coffee and doughnuts, but never have I seen one. I've been to Los Angeles, San Diego, Atlanta, Birmingham, Tampa, Chicago, St. Louis, Vegas, Portland, Seattle and have never seen one.

Man, because I'm a Utahn I'll NEVER shake being sheltered. ;)8-)

EDIT: Is it a Canadian thing?
    Post edited by dcfaithful on
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    The coffee is positively undrinkable.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
    dcfaithful wrote:

Obviously I can gather that it's a restaurant chain that serves coffee and doughnuts, but never have I seen one. I've been to Los Angeles, San Diego, Atlanta, Birmingham, Tampa, Chicago, St. Louis, Vegas, Portland, Seattle and have never seen one.

It's a Canadian chain, with small but growing (I assume) expansion into the US.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Rygar wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Blast! You beat me to it before I could submit my edit. :)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    Hinn wrote:
    That explains their laughably low popularity!
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    Tim Horton's is an institution up here, everyone knows where their local Tim's is

I do enjoy their coffee

You know what's awful coffee, Dunkin Donuts in the US
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Blast! You beat me to it before I could submit my edit. :)
    Close to a tie, after I hit submit I saw your edit !
    Rygar wrote:
    Hinn wrote:
    Not talking about popularity. Quality.

Anglo North Americans just don't do espressos anywhere near as good as the Italians, French, Aussies, and Kiwis. The cafe culture just isn't there.
    edited March 2010
    Hinn wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Hinn wrote:

Anglo North Americans just don't do espressos anywhere near as good as the Italians, French, Aussies, and Kiwis. The cafe culture just isn't there.
    Well it's as good as anything else available up here. Starbucks is the worst coffee I've ever had and they're more popular than any other 'mainstream' coffee shops up here.
    Post edited by Rygar on
  • -Ardy--Ardy- Posts: 25
    timmy ho-ho's coffee has saved my life on more than one occasion...so has the vanilla cremes.. ;)
    Detroit...City of Tomorrow

2000: 10/07-Auburn Hills, MI
    2003: 06/25 & 06/26-Clarkston, MI
    2004: 10/02-Toledo, OH
    10/03-Grand Rapids, MI
    2005: 09/11-Kitchener, Ontario
    09/12-London, Ontario
    09/13-Hamilton, Ontario
    2006: 05/19-Grand Rapids, MI
    05/22-Auburn Hills, MI
    07/22 & 07/23-George, WA
    2010: 05/09-Cleveland, OH
    2011: 09/03 & 09/04-East Troy, WI
    2014: 10/16-Detroit, MI
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Hinn wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Hinn wrote:

At the risk of sounding redneck....They can keep their fancy crap.
    Give me a normal coffee that's easy to order. I drink it in the morning, while half asleep. I don't want to feel uncomfortable ordering, or need to decide between beans, roasts, swirly additives, marshmallows and whips and fuckin edible stir sticks....

XL 3/2 ....actually, I'll take two. done!

I think the cream and sugar contains the crack. You buy the grounds, the maker, the Timmy's cup...still tastes nothing like the store bought stuff.
    Hinn wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

At the risk of sounding redneck....They can keep their fancy crap.
    Give me a normal coffee that's easy to order. I drink it in the morning, while half asleep. I don't want to feel uncomfortable ordering, or need to decide between beans, roasts, swirly additives, marshmallows and whips and fuckin edible stir sticks....

XL 3/2 ....actually, I'll take two. done!

I think the cream and sugar contains the crack. You buy the grounds, the maker, the Timmy's cup...still tastes nothing like the store bought stuff.
    Some good points as well.
    Rygar wrote:
    Hinn wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

Well it's as good as anything else available up here. Starbucks is the worst coffee I've ever had and they're more popular than any other 'mainstream' coffee shops up here.
    Whereabouts in Canada are you? Considering there's so many Aussies up Whistler way, Vancouver's got to have a cafe or two that makes a flat white to cater for homesick Aussies and Kiwis. If you're around those parts, try it if you can find it.

I won't even get started on Starbucks and their double-tall non-flat chocolate-sprinkled cinnamon-infused blah blah blah. That's not coffee.
    Hinn wrote:
    Whereabouts in Canada are you? Considering there's so many Aussies up Whistler way, Vancouver's got to have a cafe or two that makes a flat white to cater for homesick Aussies and Kiwis. If you're around those parts, try it if you can find it.

I won't even get started on Starbucks and their double-tall non-flat chocolate-sprinkled cinnamon-infused blah blah blah. That's not coffee.
    East Coast - Tim's is the be-all, end-all out here. And for basic, morning coffee, it delivers.

There are a few specialty shops around but I typically have one at home before bailing for work and that's my coffee for the day.
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Hinn wrote:

:lol:....I'm in Edmonton. Not many Aussies up here....for some reason, they all flock to ski hills. Maybe next time I hit Jasper or Banff :) Nah, there are lots of gourmet coffee shops around, esp in the university area...I just find it kinda intimidating - kinda like cigars, wine...anything that people can consider themselves an afficianado of....I always feel like there is gonna be some pissed off, monkey-suited English butler ready to jump out and correct me when I'm trying to order or choose stuff like that.

edit: oops for some reason thought you were talkign to me....carry on!
    Hinn wrote:
    what about their MAPLE DOUGHNUTS tough guy?
    haffajappa wrote:
    Hinn wrote:
    Gross!!!
    Rygar wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    Hinn wrote:
    Gross!!!
    I don't think you know Hinny... :lol:
    haffajappa wrote:
    Hinn wrote:
    Hahaha, you should've see the look on my face when Sophie brought me my maple lollipop. Maple anything will do, really.

I just took a look- Esquires are sposed to do Flat Whites.
    haffajappa wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    Gross!!!
    I don't think you know Hinny... :lol:
    Nope. Maple doughnuts are the chink in the armor?
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I usually get the steeped tea, and always be sure to bring a box of Timbits back to the family if I've been over the border - there's a nice one on the 401 on the way to Montreal that we always stop at.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008