Atlantic Canadians going to Boston?

swardsward Posts: 586
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Anyone here from Atlantic Canada heading to the Boston show(s)?

I've got 4 going. Can't wait!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• teflonsteveteflonsteve Posts: 275
    Assuming there is a boston 2, I'll be there
    9/20/05 - Quebec City
    9/22/05 - Halifax
    6/19/08 - Camden 
    6/28/08 - Mansfield 
    9/07/11 - Montreal
    5/05/16 - Quebec City
  • TWHoltTWHolt Posts: 403
    yup, your cousin and I will be there!! Do you know where you are staying yet? We're going to book this weekend I think. 8-)
    |Montreal 03|Halifax 05|St. John's 1 05|St. John's 2 05|Toronto 1 06|Toronto 2 06|NYC 1 08|NYC 2 08|Toronto 09|Hartford 10|Boston 10|Newark 10|NYC 1 10|NYC 2 10|Alpine Valley 1 11|Alpine Valley 2 11|Montreal 11|Hartford 13|Ottawa 16|Chicago 1 16|Chicago 2 16|Boston 1 18|Quebec City 22|Ottawa 22|Next~Boston 1 24|Next~Boston 2 24|
  • swardsward Posts: 586
    We are staying at the Hampton Inn in Cambridge. It's 2 miles from the arena...but not really walkable (on the highway). But it is a 2 minute walk from Lechmere station and about a 4 min subway ride in. So should work out I think! Check it out.
  • I'm a newfie but I have done boston...2008.

This time I'm flying to Cleveland and then bus to Buffalo for 2 back to back nights. Enjoy Boston! The place across the street was a great time pre and post show. Excellent shows Boston will be so loud.
  • shepshep Posts: 5,765
    I'm a newfie but I have done boston...2008.

This time I'm flying to Cleveland and then bus to Buffalo for 2 back to back nights. Enjoy Boston! The place across the street was a great time pre and post show. Excellent shows Boston will be so loud.

Hey, do I know you? :D

I'm a displaced Newfie, currently living in Texas... planning on going up for the Hartford and Boston shows (praying for another Boston show right now, otherwise I'm staying an Boston an extra day for no real reason...)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.

Is that The Harp you are talking about?
  • sward wrote:
    We are staying at the Hampton Inn in Cambridge. It's 2 miles from the arena...but not really walkable (on the highway). But it is a 2 minute walk from Lechmere station and about a 4 min subway ride in. So should work out I think! Check it out.

This is surprisingly close. I've done this walk a bunch
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
    sward wrote:

Is it really? Just looks like all highway from google maps..but obviously that isn't always the best gauge. Good to know. Thanks. I've stayed closer to Harvard before, but never this part of Cambridge.
  • sward wrote:
    sward wrote:

Is it really? Just looks like all highway from google maps..but obviously that isn't always the best gauge. Good to know. Thanks. I've stayed closer to Harvard before, but never this part of Cambridge.

There is a regular city street under the raised highway. the Lechmere station is a straightshot to Causeway street where the TD Garden is.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • sward wrote:

Is that The Harp you are talking about?

I can't remember the name of the pub. But it was a sports bar with a few tv's going -- all of which were on Basketball after the show. I asked them to put Hockey on one, and the bartender looked at me as if I I'd asked him to put on jeopardy, it was the stanley cup playoffs (MAY) lol. I'll never forget that.

Also it was the preparty place where the Pearl Jam cover band was playing that afternoon. Awesome build up to a great Boston show.

As for the other post, "do I know you?" -- I met some great people there, who knows perhaps you were one of them. We did car bombs and drank a lot of beer, haha. Had a couple tables in the PM sitting up near the door with the touring van folks...(which included 2 other newfies)