I Hate Springtime and Allergies

AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
My eyes are watering. My nose and ears itch. Relentless sneezing. GRRR!! There is nothing that helps. I hate allergy season. :(
This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Ever try allergy shots? It was one of the best decisions I ever made without a doubt.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    BinFrog wrote:
    Ever try allergy shots? It was one of the best decisions I ever made without a doubt.

No. I hate needles more than allergies. :oops:

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    BinFrog wrote:

No. I hate needles more than allergies. :oops:

seriously? needles pricking your skin is really really not that sore... and it'll be worth it in the long run.. if i was a doctor i'd just stab you with it whilst you were still talking to me... but thats why i'm not a doctor, well that and the fact i'd make every female patient undress.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    May I recommend this :

sinus-rinse.jpg
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    May I recommend this :

sinus-rinse.jpg

It IS physician developed! :D

And, dunk, yes, I'm horribly scared of needles. I cry when I get blood drawn....mostly because I have shitty veins and they have to DIG...and I usually get stuck several times...in both arms. I'm traumatized.

yeah but for these shots you just get a big needle straight into the top of your arm... it's not like the spend ages hunting for veins and stuff... just whack it in there..

anyway, i know it must be tough as my wife has every allergy under the sun... animals, dust, pollen, grass, threesomes... you name it she's allergic to it!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • yellowporchyellowporch Posts: 510
    dunkman wrote:
    yeah but for these shots you just get a big needle straight into the top of your arm... it's not like the spend ages hunting for veins and stuff... just whack it in there..

anyway, i know it must be tough as my wife has every allergy under the sun... animals, dust, pollen, grass, threesomes... you name it she's allergic to it!
    :lol::lol:
    dunkman wrote:

Oh my! :o:lol:

• Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    dunkman wrote:

Is there a shot for that too? :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    dunkman wrote:

i dunno man, but for years i've been telling her she should get a strapadichtomy. ;)
    dunkman wrote:

Whata buncha sleezebags. :roll: :lol:;)

• Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    dunkman wrote:

i dunno man, but for years i've been telling her she should get a strapadichtomy. ;)
    :mrgreen:
    I hear it's a very simple procedure ;)
    GoiMTvP.gif
    I can't believe you guys turned my innocent complaint thread about ALLERGIES into something dirty. Actually, nevermind....I'm not surprised. That's pretty standard around these parts. I guess I had forgotten. :D

• PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    dunkman wrote:

:eh:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    I had an allergy shot for the last two years and while they work awesome, they said they won't give me anymore. I guess, studies now show they cause muscular tissue to atrophy and I did notice some of that. I must be allergic to cities and people, when out in the sticks, I am fine.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    May I recommend this :

sinus-rinse.jpg

funny, i saw your thread on this earlier, and then just happened to read an article that did NOT recommend using such a product unless you have an infection b/c it can do more harm than good otherwise. just puttin it out there. if it works for you, great!

i feel for you AC. my husband used to suffer from horrible allergies. for whatever reason, they've gotten a lot better as he has aged. me, i never had allergies...but i think i might be developing them. :? tho i don't think nbearly as bad as many folks, so hopefully if they are allergies...won't get worse.

however, while i sympathize...i just cannot get on board with the spring hatin' as i LOVE spring! love! spring and autumn are the BEST seasons....love, love, love! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    eyedclaar wrote:
    I had an allergy shot for the last two years and while they work awesome, they said they won't give me anymore. I guess, studies now show they cause muscular tissue to atrophy and I did notice some of that. I must be allergic to cities and people, when out in the sticks, I am fine.

That's strange, I've been getting shots for years and never had/heard this issue.

I bet you don't have seasonal allergies if you get better in the country. You are probably allergic to some combination of: dust, mold, mildew, cockroaches.

Life pretty much makes me sneeze: pollen, dander, ragweed, feathers, mold, mildew, dust mites, cockroaches.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,191
    zyrtec seems to work really well for my allergies. not sure if you've tried that, but you may want to give it a try.
  • FirstExitFirstExit Posts: 973
    I thought this said "I Hate Springsteen and Allergies"

I got into attack mode.

I'm not taking allergy medication right now because I'm on Clen and Dbol

wait what?