Options

♥ Hartford Pearl Jam Pre-Party & Fundraiser

Comments

• Options
    looks like a cool place
  • Options
    I agree, it looks like a cool place from the video. But they need an on-line beer list.

-Chris
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace.
  • Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    The actual pre-party would be at The Pig's Eye - which is upstairs from Black Eyed Sally's. If you were hungry, Black Eyed Sally's is where you'd probably grab a bite to eat.

We are currently between Pig's Eye and Black Bear (where 4/10 benefit was just held) and we should know in the next day or so. Whichever place does best for the Wishlist Foundation is the place we will choose.
  • Options
    i think the requirements for any pre-party is just a roof, music and drinks lol
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Any updates??
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Any updates??

Hey - Foxymop is incommunicado for a bit but we're pulling together the Black Bear Saloon on Allyn Street as the official preparty site. Page 1 of this thread will be updated soon, but just know we're now looking for raffle/auction items for the fundraiser. The Black Bear Saloon is 2.5 blocks from the Hilton and is 0.5 blocks from Holiday Inn Express and Homewood Suites Inn. Most importantly, it's 1.5 blocks from the XL Center (aka Hartford Civic Center).

For those who mentioned Black Eyed Sallys and Pig's Eye Pub, they have been awesome to work with and have been more than forthcoming with trying to help out with our fundraisers. And although they were not the selected site(s) for the preparty, we should all show them some love by hitting BES/PEP after the show. IMO, Black Eyed Sallys has some of the best BBQ in the northeast. Christ almightly even their salads are good! Pig's Eye will be a focal point for many after the show, and trust me when I say it's a great bar with good people. I'll be hitting those places before and after the fundraiser and concert...it's a great spot for that Hilton crowd too! ;)
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    Much More Than ThisMuch More Than This Brooklyn, NY Posts: 765
    Any updates??

Hey - Foxymop is incommunicado for a bit but we're pulling together the Black Bear Saloon on Allyn Street as the official preparty site. Page 1 of this thread will be updated soon, but just know we're now looking for raffle/auction items for the fundraiser. The Black Bear Saloon is 2.5 blocks from the Hilton and is 0.5 blocks from Holiday Inn Express and Homewood Suites Inn. Most importantly, it's 1.5 blocks from the XL Center (aka Hartford Civic Center).

For those who mentioned Black Eyed Sallys and Pig's Eye Pub, they have been awesome to work with and have been more than forthcoming with trying to help out with our fundraisers. And although they were not the selected site(s) for the preparty, we should all show them some love by hitting BES/PEP after the show. IMO, Black Eyed Sallys has some of the best BBQ in the northeast. Christ almightly even their salads are good! Pig's Eye will be a focal point for many after the show, and trust me when I say it's a great bar with good people. I'll be hitting those places before and after the fundraiser and concert...it's a great spot for that Hilton crowd too! ;)
    My own attendance at the Hartford pre-party has been compromised by this chronic annoyance I call "work," but news of a finalized location is still good to hear. Great job by Steve, Foxy and all the others -- as per usual. Very much looking forward to seeing everyone at various points along the tour.
  • Options
    Any updates??

My own attendance at the Hartford pre-party has been compromised by this chronic annoyance I call "work," but news of a finalized location is still good to hear. Great job by Steve, Foxy and all the others -- as per usual. Very much looking forward to seeing everyone at various points along the tour.

pfft...Rutgers... :D;)
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    I'm glad to see we now have a location for the pre-party.

I'm going to donate at least one raffle item...maybe more. :)
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    pfft...Rutgers... :D;)
    Couldn't have put it better myself, pal.
  • Options
    Boooooo work! :cry:
    Any updates??

• Options
    Any updates??

Agreed 100%. Great spot for post show festivities :)

Any items for donation, please contact either myself or Steve. Thanks!!! Can't wait! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    PM sent to Steve Dunn re: raffle item
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    So what has "officially" been finalized as far as a location?
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    So what has "officially" been finalized as far as a location?

just went there today and they're ready for us. 8-)
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    Black Bear is final place

Here are some raffle/auction items I have lined up so far:

2 tix to Rachel Ray
    2 tix to Late Show with David Letterman
    2009 Chicago2 poster
    Sealed vinyl RVM
    4 Loukoumi book gift set signed by author (great for kids, esp if you are Greek :)) check it out:
    http://www.loukoumi.com
    or on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?v=w ... nfo&ref=ts

Danny Clinch photo(s) - just awaiting confirmation :mrgreen:
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    Cool now we can just let the time go by can't wait to hang with everybody that day :) ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    bill801bill801 Posts: 9
    I'll be there with a friend.
  • Options
    anus ankle soupanus ankle soup massachusetts Posts: 123
    ok im new to all this. does everybody on this thread already know each other? how do i get in? is an rsvp necessary or do i just show up?
    How I choose to feel is how I am.
  • Options
    cfbd68cfbd68 Posts: 228
    ok im new to all this. does everybody on this thread already know each other? how do i get in? is an rsvp necessary or do i just show up?
    It's my first pre-party too 8-) . I'm Chris (aka) Fat Bastard. I'll be the very big guy with a drink in my hand ( maybe 2 :o ). Just come up to me & call me Fat Bastard so I know its you. Can I call you anus? :lol: Just joking btw. It's in a bar, enjoy yourself 8-) !
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder, to find an approach and a way to live
    Constant Recoil..Sometimes life, Don't leave you alone
    When the anxious is the present, unwrap your gifts, take your time
  • Options
    cfbd68 wrote:
    Just come up to me & call me Fat Bastard so I know its you. Can I call you anus?
    While I acknowledge the gratuitousness of this comment, it doesn't diminish the hilarity one bit. (No offense intended, Mr./Ms. Soup.)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    cfbd68 wrote:
    It's my first pre-party too 8-) . I'm Chris (aka) Fat Bastard. I'll be the very big guy with a drink in my hand ( maybe 2 :o ). Just come up to me & call me Fat Bastard so I know its you. Can I call you anus? :lol: Just joking btw. It's in a bar, enjoy yourself 8-) !

Will do Mr. Bastard, thanks for the kindness, I just hope I don't go up to the wrong guy with that greeting! (or you either for that matter)
    Post edited by anus ankle soup on
  • Options
    cfbd68 wrote:
    Just come up to me & call me Fat Bastard so I know its you. Can I call you anus?
    While I acknowledge the gratuitousness of this comment, it doesn't diminish the hilarity one bit. (No offense intended, Mr./Ms. Soup.)

It's MR Soup, butt my friends call me Anus. Come to think of it, my enemies do as well! Saves me the trouble of having to sort them out. This way I can make believe everyone is my friend. See you there my friend.
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    Alright, after hashing out a bunch of details, I am pretty sure I'll be there with a +1. Please RSVP me. I might be a little bit later than 2, since I am driving down from beantown and need to check into the crowne plaza (unforatunely you all booked up the hilton and drove up the price too much for me when I booked it yesterday! (117 for the crowne vs. 199 for the hilton)).

That's neither here nor there though... I've already spent enough money flying up from Houston to Boston for these shows.

This is my first pre-party, missed the one in Toronto last year by accident, and will be my girlfriend's first "real" PJ show (she is going to Jazzfest with me on May 1, but I'm not counting that as a real PJ show, cause festivals just aren't the same)...

Anyway, I'd like to make a donation as well. I've got a S/D 2009 Manchester poster that I am willing to cart all the way to Hartford and donate to the cause, if it's wanted... just let me know. It is mint other than an ink smudge of BK's finger print :D

Cheers,

shep
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    stateeshastateesha Posts: 274
    Add me to the list plus one. Can't wait!
    92 Atlanta; 93 Boulder; 94 Denver 1-2; 95 Red Rocks 1-2; 96 Charlotte, Charleston; 98 Atlanta, Greenville, Knoxville, Columbia, Washington; 99 Bridge 1-2; 00 Atlanta, Vegas; 01 Bridge 1-2, Seattle; 02 Seattle; 03 Vegas, Bridge 1-2; 04 Asheville; 05 Toronto; 06 E. Ruth 1-2, Hawaii 1-2; 07 London; 08 Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Hartford, Boston 1 & 2, Beacon
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    count me in please!
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    I'm in +1, can't wait!!!
    Raleigh '03; Hartford '08; Mansfield II '08; Buffalo '10; Hartford '10;
    East Troy I '11; East Troy II '11; DeLuna Fest '12; Wrigley '13; Buffalo '13;
    Toronto II '16; Wrigley I '16; Wrigley II '16; Wrigley I '18; Wrigley II '18;
    Asbury Park '21; MSG '22; Camden '22
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    Anyway, I'd like to make a donation as well. I've got a S/D 2009 Manchester poster that I am willing to cart all the way to Hartford and donate to the cause, if it's wanted... just let me know. It is mint other than an ink smudge of BK's finger print :D

Cheers,

shep

sounds great shep!!! thanks!!!!!!!!! 8-)
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    AyeeeeAyeeee Posts: 80
    In!
    "Believe in lies... to get by..."
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    bump