EDDIE WAS IN "DEWEY COX?"

MF160357MF160357 Posts: 2
edited March 2010 in The Porch
I totally blew this movie off and thought anyone involved should be FUCKED because I thought it made fun of Johnny Cash. I Caught the tail end of it on cable and saw eddie in the movie!! My heart sank. Here is one of my heroes in a movie that is all about making fun of one of the greatest artists ever. I never would have thought that Eddie would do this. Did he need the money? Did he think this movie needed his help? why oh why?
Please enlighten me.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    There's a thing out there called a sense of humor and lightening up, Eddie Vedder must have gotten wind of that somehow.

but it makes fun of the biopic in general more than Johnny Cash
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • I think you need to lighten up about making fun of Johny Cash.
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    Welcome to 2007! (I believe that is the correct response in these instances... ;) )

I wouldn't say it "makes fun" of Johnny Cash though. It's a parody, don't take it so seriously...
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    As Sarah Palin would say..."It's satire".
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    buy some growlers, invite your friends, and laugh
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
    buy some growlers, invite your friends, and laugh

mmm...beer

• HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    Anything with John C Reilly is good.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Anything with John C Reilly is good.

+1

• Anything with John C Reilly is good.

The guy may have the greatest voice in America. What a talent. Check out the soundtrack, the deluxe one on itunes has a bunch of songs written by Dan Bern, great stuff that totally makes fun of DYLAN way more than Johnny Cash. The story of the movie follows the same kind of arc of Walk the Line, but it's really more of a spoof on all biopics than just sticking it to poor, dead Johnny Cash. :) The movie itself could have been better, Eddie's scene is good and there are a few other laughs. But I am a total fan of the soundtrack. :)

"When I was a boy, folks used to say to me, Slow down Dewey, Don't walk so hard. And I used to tell them, Life's a race and I'm in it to win it. And I'll walk as damn hard as I please!"
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,446
    I think this was the first official Bluray release that included Ed in HD!
  • jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    MF160357 wrote:
    I totally blew this movie off and thought anyone involved should be FUCKED because I thought it made fun of Johnny Cash. I Caught the tail end of it on cable and saw eddie in the movie!! My heart sank. Here is one of my heroes in a movie that is all about making fun of one of the greatest artists ever. I never would have thought that Eddie would do this. Did he need the money? Did he think this movie needed his help? why oh why?
    Please enlighten me.

didn't you ever wonder why ed sang snippets of "walk hard" during his solo shows?
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    You know what finger they call the Johnny Cash finger right? :P