Watching old PJ concerts

editguy29editguy29 Posts: 19
edited March 2010 in The Porch
So, I watch PJ at Pink Pop 1992, alot. What a great show. But, it makes me kind of depressed that I was not able to see Pj in their earlier years. I am 34 and have been a fan from the beginning, but have not been able to start going to shows until about five years ago. How was I going to show when in 92? I was 16 in HS. Then came college. Then work and making no real money. So the first show I saw was during the Riot Act tour. Now I have tickets to my fouth show coming up at MSG on the 20th. I am real excited. Hopefully awesome seats at the best venue I have seen them at thus far. I am also hoping to get tickets for the 21st. Back to back at MSG. But it still bothers me that I was not able to see them in the earlier years!!! Am I crazy?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    I'm not following your logic...you were 16

you can have a job and car...what was the problem?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    "You are not alone...."

michael-jackson_13.Jpg
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • editguy29editguy29 Posts: 19
    I didn't have money to go to a concert at 16?
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    editguy29 wrote:
    So, I watch PJ at Pink Pop 1992, alot. What a great show. But, it makes me kind of depressed that I was not able to see Pj in their earlier years. I am 34 and have been a fan from the beginning, but have not been able to start going to shows until about five years ago. How was I going to show when in 92? I was 16 in HS. Then came college. Then work and making no real money. So the first show I saw was during the Riot Act tour. Now I have tickets to my fouth show coming up at MSG on the 20th. I am real excited. Hopefully awesome seats at the best venue I have seen them at thus far. I am also hoping to get tickets for the 21st. Back to back at MSG. But it still bothers me that I was not able to see them in the earlier years!!! Am I crazy?
    You could have gone... you chose, not to.
    I was a Junior in High School and ventured into Hollywood to see the Kinks. I had a part time job at the Pup 'N Taco and took the city bus to the gig.
    It was fucking awesome.
    By the time i had graduated, i had already seen Sly and The Family Stone, Faces, Alice Cooper, David Bowie, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Steely Dan and Pink Floyd. Granted, those tickets were $5.00 to $8.50... but my wages were $1.45 and part time hours.
    Still... i found a way. It's all in priorities.
    And yes... the 1993 Pearl Jam gig in indio was fricken' amazing. A life changer for me.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Cosmo wrote:
    And yes... the 1993 Pearl Jam gig in indio was fricken' amazing. A life changer for me.

Um...you didn't throw any shoes that day, did you?? :? ;)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:

Um...you didn't throw any shoes that day, did you?? :? ;)
    Shhhhhh!!! Don't tell Eddie... but, I'm missing that left Doc Marten.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Cosmo wrote:
    I was a Junior in High School and ventured into Hollywood to see the Kinks. I had a part time job at the Pup 'N Taco and took the city bus to the gig.
    It was fucking awesome.
    By the time i had graduated, i had already seen Sly and The Family Stone, Faces, Alice Cooper, David Bowie, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Steely Dan and Pink Floyd. Granted, those tickets were $5.00 to $8.50... but my wages were $1.45 and part time hours.

did you really work at pup n taco??

that is so rad!! :mrgreen:
  • t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    Generation to Generation. People said the same of Beatles, Elvis...whateverthe fuck...but they missed out for whatever reason :(

You get to see them now, and thats what is important. I am sure there are many people that saw them in the day...who are no longer with us.
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • jcfranzjcfranz Posts: 168
    wtf is pup n' taco?
    It's easy to grin, When your ship comes in, And you've got the stock market beat. But the man worthwhile, Is the man who can smile, When his shorts are too tight in the seat
    norm wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:
    It was fucking awesome.

did you really work at pup n taco??

that is so rad!! :mrgreen:
    Yup. The one in Eagle Rock... it's now a Del Taco... I think.
    That floor was pretty disgusting... like an ice rink... that was made of grease.
    But, hey... it was an easy gig.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,272
    i didnt see the band till 1996 and i have zero regrets cause i'm making up for lost time, always
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Cosmo wrote:
    Yup. The one in Eagle Rock... it's now a Del Taco... I think.
    That floor was pretty disgusting... like an ice rink... that was made of grease.
    But, hey... it was an easy gig.

nice...i love pup n taco back in the day...and i can't imagine many fast food places back in the 70's were pictures of cleanliness ;)

oh and pj live in the 90's was cool...wish i hadn't been a idiot and gone to see them
    i didnt see the band till 1996 and i have zero regrets cause i'm making up for lost time, always
    That period was the best... I think. '94-'96 were great because they had built up their catalog and Eddie was still kinda scary, untamed and insane. If you saw them in '96... you can consider yourself as blessed.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    my first PJ concert:

The old Boston Garden

4/11/94

Totally sold out suckers!

here's a taste of what it was like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6vLXGT8 ... playnext=1
    :D
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I love the old live shit... I lost my cherry 8/8/92. Friggin' awesome...
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    i know what you mean. my 1st show was suppose be in 94. damn they were outta control then!
    but really i feel lucky. my 5th show will be in may. some fans never see them at all. and all this time they still tour! yes i feel lucky/blessed whatever.
    in some regaurds they're much better than they were back then.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*