Options

Army Reserve

Hubmann2513Hubmann2513 Posts: 237
edited September 2008 in The Porch
This was such a gem from the Columbia show. I remember when it started right after I Got Id, I was so surprised. It was such a killer version and it was amazing to hear live. Who else was there or who else has heard this amazing song live?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, I was there. Man, I got Shit was so awesome... then Army Reserve! Too damn cool. I was really hoping to hear that! One of the songs from Avacado that I was hoping to hear live.
    "You could have licked the lips of God, but you chose the pavement..." ~ These Arms Are Snakes
  • Options
    NewDamageNewDamage Posts: 1,913
    Amazing show, and great version. The version of "Inside Job" is also very good
    I am lost, I'm no guide. But I'm by your side...

8/25/92, 10/4/96, 10/5/96, 9/1/98, 9/4/98, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 10/6/04, 6/16/08
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    this is my third favorite boot behind DC and roo. i listen to it all the time and the version of army reserve is great.
  • Options
    Nothing can be a gem after I got Id. Once that song is played, no one gives a shit about the next song played. I got Id is one of Pearl Jam's greatest songs ever. Army Reserve......eh
  • Options
    I've been with them since `91 and I can honestly say that Army Reserve is, IMO, some of their best work. Love it
    Good evening San Diego, I'm Ron Burgundy
    And I'm Veronica Corningstone, Tits McGee is off tonight...
  • Options
    DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421
  • Options
    luv-ed91luv-ed91 Posts: 215
    OMG - I just now found this thread - I was at the show, also, & I was wondering if I was the only one who loved that version of Army Reserve - that was the most amazing version that I have EVER heard - Mike KILLED it (in a good way) he really outdone himself on this song - it's even better than the original version. I'd have to say that Columbia's show was kick-ass & they played some kick-ass songs . . . I never really liked Army Reserve until I heard it live at the show. I bought the cd & I play that song over & over & over - I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF THAT SONG!!

Thanks for posting this thread!!!
    -- If I had known then, what I know now . . .

8/31/98 - Raleigh
    8/4/00 - Charlotte
    4/16/03 - Charlotte
    10/6/04 - Asheville
    6/16/08 - Columbia
    6/20/09 - EV Memphis
  • Options
    luv-ed91 wrote:
    OMG - I just now found this thread - I was at the show, also, & I was wondering if I was the only one who loved that version of Army Reserve - that was the most amazing version that I have EVER heard - Mike KILLED it (in a good way) he really outdone himself on this song - it's even better than the original version. I'd have to say that Columbia's show was kick-ass & they played some kick-ass songs . . . I never really liked Army Reserve until I heard it live at the show. I bought the cd & I play that song over & over & over - I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF THAT SONG!!

Thanks for posting this thread!!!

Wasn't the whole show just amazing? It was my first Pearl Jam show, and the first concert I've attended of a band that I love. I had a smile on my face from the moment I walked into the arena until I went to bed later that night. It was just amazing. The whole atmosphere of the place was something that I will never forget. I will never forget that night. Such an amazing show. I've never felt like part of a family around so many strangers until that night.
  • Options
    luv-ed91luv-ed91 Posts: 215
    Wasn't the whole show just amazing? It was my first Pearl Jam show, and the first concert I've attended of a band that I love. I had a smile on my face from the moment I walked into the arena until I went to bed later that night. It was just amazing. The whole atmosphere of the place was something that I will never forget. I will never forget that night. Such an amazing show. I've never felt like part of a family around so many strangers until that night.

Wow - congratulations on that being your first show - you got to see one of the best PJ shows around this area. My only downfall of the show is that I had some drunk girl standing behind me & she kept stripping her clothes off until she was finally naked - but eventually the staff hauled her ass out of there. (& guys reading this, don't envy me - she was nothing to look at) I haven't been to that many shows, but I'd have to say that the Columbia show was my second favorite show - Asheville being my first . . . only because it was a small venue & it was more personal. It was like they were doing a show in my living room :)

I'd have to agree with you - that show was amazing - the intensity of the band, the atmosphere, & the fellow fans were just simply awesome. That's the most I've ever seen the band get crazy & dance around all over the stage!! I had a smile on my face the whole show, also - even on the 3 1/2 hour drive back to NC (with one eye shut so I could see to drive) So glad you were able to enjoy it, also!!! Maybe I'll see you at the next show & we can have a drink together!!!
    -- If I had known then, what I know now . . .

8/31/98 - Raleigh
    8/4/00 - Charlotte
    4/16/03 - Charlotte
    10/6/04 - Asheville
    6/16/08 - Columbia
    6/20/09 - EV Memphis
  • Options
    LaddieLaddie Posts: 301
    i have yet to hear this one live. sad face. i did finally hear marker in the sand at msg, which is another song i love off s/t. although i feel like they should jam out more at the end ala rearviewmirror. hopefully next show i go to they'll give me some army reserve lovin'.
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,005
    one of the top three 2008 boots IMO..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    Look at the setlist... I'm so glad I got to be at this show!

Set 1 Can't Keep, Why Go, All Night, Hail Hail, Sad, Severed Hand, Red Mosquito, I Am Mine, Even Flow, Off He Goes, Elderly Woman, Present Tense, Whipping, I Got Id, Army Reserve, Glorified G, Do The Evolution
    Encore 1 Inside Job, Given To Fly, Education, W.M.A., Better Man, Save You, Porch
    Encore 2 No More, Footsteps, Alive
    Encore 3 Indifference

if I had to pick another show... it would have been Hartford with another dream setlist of mine.

Set 1 Can't Keep, Breakerfall, Last Exit, Gods' Dice, All Night, Elderly Woman, Sad, Brain Of J., Big Wave, In Hiding, Not For You(Modern Girl), Daughter(Another Brick In The Wall), Why Go, Jeremy, Gone, Immortality, Porch
    Encore 1 Garden, Better Man, Even Flow, Comatose, Leash, Blood(Atomic Dog)
    Encore 2 Smile, Do The Evolution, Alive, Fuckin' Up, Yellow Ledbetter(Little Wing)

One of my favorite things about PJ is that you never know what songs they'll play any given night.
    "You could have licked the lips of God, but you chose the pavement..." ~ These Arms Are Snakes
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,353
    I've been with them since `91 and I can honestly say that Army Reserve is, IMO, some of their best work. Love it

WORD. It seems like it gets quite a bit of hate around here though, I never understood why.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    luv-ed91 wrote:
    Wow - congratulations on that being your first show - you got to see one of the best PJ shows around this area. My only downfall of the show is that I had some drunk girl standing behind me & she kept stripping her clothes off until she was finally naked - but eventually the staff hauled her ass out of there. (& guys reading this, don't envy me - she was nothing to look at) I haven't been to that many shows, but I'd have to say that the Columbia show was my second favorite show - Asheville being my first . . . only because it was a small venue & it was more personal. It was like they were doing a show in my living room :)

I'd have to agree with you - that show was amazing - the intensity of the band, the atmosphere, & the fellow fans were just simply awesome. That's the most I've ever seen the band get crazy & dance around all over the stage!! I had a smile on my face the whole show, also - even on the 3 1/2 hour drive back to NC (with one eye shut so I could see to drive) So glad you were able to enjoy it, also!!! Maybe I'll see you at the next show & we can have a drink together!!!

Sure, I'd love to meet some fellow jammers. That's one thing I wish I would have done before the show, meet some other people who are into this band as much as I am. (I came with my father who isnt into them as much, but loved the show.) I am only 18 and (don't drink anyway), but hey, I could drink some soda or milk or whatever.