Hartford, The Whale.

Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
edited March 2010 in The Porch
"Hartford....The Whale. They only beat Vancouver once....maybe twice in a lifetime!"

Can we atleast agree that since we are going to be at the XL Center (formerly the Hartford Civic Center), home of the Hartford Whalers, that there should be at least one 'Bring Back the Whalers' chat. Because I'll tell you the truth, I miss em.

Bring back the Whalers to my beloved state of Connecticut.
Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 973
    I credit myself with the "Let's go whalers" chants that happen at The Meadows during almost every concert. 100% serious.
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    edited March 2010
    brass bonanza would be appropriate. actually, i would shed a tear and then grope my wife to assimulate the fact that someone scored. but, then again, i will also have to check her menstral cycle, as they would also play the song at the beginning of each period!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o
    I love to turn you on
  • Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    From a kid born and raised in Buffalo, please bring back the Whalers. Someone remind me why North Carolina needs a hockey team? Not only is Hartford north of the Mason/Dixon line, they had one of the best logos in all of sports. I won't be at the Hartford show, but I'll gladly support a bring back the Whaler's chant.

The very last Sabres game ever in the Buffalo Memorial Auditorium was a 2-1 win over the Whalers. Now the Aud is on the ground and the Whalers no longer exist. . . a damn shame. Good luck with your chant and hope it works!
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • "Hartford....The Whale. They only beat Vancouver once....maybe twice in a lifetime!"

Can we atleast agree that since we are going to be at the XL Center (formerly the Hartford Civic Center), home of the Hartford Whalers, that there should be at least one 'Bring Back the Whalers' chat. Because I'll tell you the truth, I miss em.

That kid is still on the escalator !!
    There's a lot to be said for nowhere...
  • Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    brass bonanza would be appropriate. actually, i would shed a tear and then grope my wife to assimulate the fact that someone scored. but, then again, i will also have to check her menstral cycle, as they would also play the song at the beginning of each period!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

hahahahahahahahahahaha, fucking great! But yea, PJ came out to "Fanfare for Rocky" in Philly. They might as well come out to Brass Bonanza. It would only be right.
    Also, I hope Ted Drury and Marty Howe are in the building that night.

The Whaler are all Connecticut had....besides Yale. (I specifically left out UCONN because they are garbage)
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107

The Whaler are all Connecticut had....besides Yale. (I specifically left out UCONN because they are garbage)
    Don't forget Blaine
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 973

Yeah dude, a team that's on track to have the longest continuous winning streak in college basketball history, out of both MEN AND WOMENS leagues, is definitely garbage.
  • Also, I hope Ted Drury and Marty Howe are in the building that night.

settle down there big fella
    I knew the I hate UCONN thing would get people peeved. But seriously, I hate UCONN.
  • Motown322Motown322 Posts: 465
    FirstExit wrote:
    Yeah dude, a team that's on track to have the longest continuous winning streak in college basketball history, out of both MEN AND WOMENS leagues, is definitely garbage.

Come on... nobody cares about women's basketball. :D
  • Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    Motown322 wrote:
    Come on... nobody cares about women's basketball. :D

I think Don Imus would disagree with you. . . :?
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • I knew the I hate UCONN thing would get people peeved. But seriously, I hate UCONN.

to each his own...

I never understood how people could "hate" their home state university though...I guess if you left CT to go to Cuse or something, maybe...or had parents with a rooting interest against Uconn

but if you're a Whale fan, Im guessing you're at least 30, meaning you grew up with Calhoun and Uconn hoops making its mark....

women's hoops doesnt count unless you are a little kid or over 60
  • R-Dub81R-Dub81 Posts: 374
    the crew i plan on going to the show with already talked about a "Come Back Whalers" Chant
    "Some people think it makes a difference...I think it's the difference that makes it" 

340xxx
    03 - Mansfield 3
    04 - Asheville
    06 - Hartford
    08 - Columbia, MSG 1, MSG 2, Hartford
    10 - Kansas City, Hartford
    12 - Atlanta
    13 - Charlotte
    16 - Columbia
    18 - Boston 2
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    "Hartford....The Whale. They only beat Vancouver once....maybe twice in a lifetime!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bwZbWZhAaM
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I'll start it in the line going in and right before the show/encore
  • jbmulder9jbmulder9 Posts: 228
    what, like the back of a volkswagen?
    1994 boston II
    1996 hartford
    2003 albany
    2003 mansfield I, II, III
    2004 boston I, II
    2006 boston II
    2008 mansfield II
    2009 philadelphia I, IV
    2010 buffalo, hartford, boston
  • Awesome, I am going to watch that tonight.