To: 10C scalpers/brokers beware. We know you're out there.

Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
edited March 2010 in The Porch
If my group sees you
-go up to the 10C window,
-pick-up tix,
-hand the pair off to somebody else in exchange for cash (more than face),
-and you walk away

then, video will be taken and we will notify venue security and the 10C staff. Good luck trying to get away with it this time around.

:ugeek: I've been a 10C member for something like 17 years, and a native New Yorker that was shut out of both MSG nights.

My and my group will be watching :shock:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,033
    MB1524 wrote:
    If my group sees you
    -pick-up tix,
    -and you walk away

then, video will be taken and we will notify venue security and the 10C staff. Good luck trying to get away with it this time around.

:ugeek: I've been a 10C member for something like 17 years, and a native New Yorker that was shut out of both MSG nights.

:roll:
    Because we have no life... Let's not get all vigilante or anything.. Jeez.. It's just a concert.. They aren't dealing heroin.. Brokers/Scalpers are the scum of the earth, but let's not get carried away.. ;)
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,699
    I'm sure this thread has all the scalpers in NYC rethinking things.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • DPrival78DPrival78 Posts: 2,263
    beware the 10c gestapo.
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • toxicDtoxicD Posts: 19
    What are you going to do? Follow every person picking up tickets to see if they sell them? Do you think the venue really cares? Do you think a video sent to ten club will help? What will they do? Search their fan club profiles until they find the person in the video? Relax. Buy tickets tomorrow and go to the concert instead of going on a stakeout with your group.
    I saw the stickman giving the peace sign on another thread... Quick, someone make one with him flipping the bird :lol:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    MB1524 wrote:
    If my group sees you
    -pick-up tix,
    -and you walk away

i can make it look like an accident 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,699
    MB1524 wrote:

group-gay.jpg
    This weekend we rock Portland
    i can make it look like an accident 8-)
    8-) I didn't see ANYTHING, D...
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    Poncier wrote:
    MB1524 wrote:

group-gay.jpg

Oh man, don't wear flip flops in case you have to give chase!
  • Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    toxicD wrote:
    What are you going to do? Follow every person picking up tickets to see if they sell them? Do you think the venue really cares? Do you think a video sent to ten club will help? What will they do? Search their fan club profiles until they find the person in the video? Relax. Buy tickets tomorrow and go to the concert instead of going on a stakeout with your group.

How did you know that some of us are cops? Stakeout first, then see the concert. We're just sick of people looking the other way. Don't worry how it's going to be done, not every detail was mentioned.
    Also, there would be less bitchin' about tickets if more people cared and did something about these dirtbags.
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    MB1524 wrote:
    toxicD wrote:

How did you know that some of us are cops? Stakeout first, then see the concert. We're just sick of people looking the other way. Don't worry how it's going to be done, not every detail was mentioned.
    Also, there would be less bitchin' about tickets if more people cared and did something about these dirtbags.

Leaving brokers/scalpers holding a big batch of unsold tickets after the event has come and gone is the only way to do away with them. Otherwise, kill off one batch, another will take their place to reap the profits to be had.
  • arthurdentarthurdent Posts: 969
    MB1524 wrote:
    If my group sees you
    -pick-up tix,
    -and you walk away

with an attitude like that, it's absolutely no surprise that you're native NY.

A.) How can you determine tickets changed hands for more than face-value without actually standing over someone's shoulder.
    B.) Are you going to be writing down people's license plates? How do you plan to identify them?
    C.) your plan leaves you just begging to get your butt sued (harassment, invasion of privacy, etc.)
    D.) I'm pretty sure "scalping" is in fact legal in NY.
    http://www.ticketnews.com/New-York-Gov- ... sion609105

The bill not only allows ticket scalping to continue without limits as to what brokers or others can charge, it also prohibits teams from revoking season tickets of fans who resell their tickets through channels other than the team; requires primary ticket sellers to disclose whether seats have obstructed views; and prohibits primary sellers from selling or conveying tickets through a secondary ticket seller that they own.

*feminine hygiene product*
    Rock me Jesus, roll me Lord...
    Wash me in the blood of Rock & Roll