I am psyched to see this band happy

RITFWinCORITFWinCO Posts: 217
edited March 2010 in The Porch
At first I read about the Target thing and was bummed. I read someone complaining that they miss "1998 Ed". Trust me - 1998 Ed was the shit. But I look at these pics of Ed and Mike at the Hall of Fame dinner with Bruce from a few nights ago and, shit, they seem happy. At age 39 myself, I can sit back and say "what's wrong with that?" Can I really fault these people for being happy? No. Will I miss some of the music created from angst or indifference? Yes. Definitely. Shit. I miss Zach De la Rocha's pissed off ass but it is what it is.

We got enough to worry about than to get all bitter that some talented musicians no longer carry the chip on their shoulder that was once a wonderful artistic muse. Honestly it's kind of cool to know they are happy. i dont know, maybe that's just a function of me creeping up in age too.

Where the music goes remains to be seen but if Into the Wild is any telling, I still see good things to come.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• EvenstevenEvensteven Posts: 869
    They can finally enjoy being Rick stars. I mean look at all the hugs post SNL. They did a dumb skit, which reminded of how they seemed in Singles, before they blew up. Yes they ate at another level now and should be able to just enjoy the ride.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."