Constructive Message to Tenclub

Roscoe28Roscoe28 Posts: 56
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Dear Tenclub,

If your not going to get a server to support the demand, you need to do something to alleviate the stress on the server. I suggest the following:

For the popular shows (ie. Boston, NYC, Philly, Chicago, Seattle) stagger the onsales not only for those cities, but by Ten Club Number. That was those who have been loyal the longest have a better chance at getting seats. I'm sorry to those who just joined, but you should not be able to get tickets over those who have been members for 15 years.....just my opinion.

Congrats to those who got tickets - but there has to be a better way.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• It's YOU'RE

Why do so many people get that wrong?
  • Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    I disagree with you. Why do you feel you're due tickets over a kid who is 15 years old and not born when you signed up for tenclub. That kid has just as much right to be at the show.
    "It's all happening"
  • I disagree with you. Why do you feel you're due tickets over a kid who is 15 years old and not born when you signed up for tenclub. That kid has just as much right to be at the show.
    NICE! :D
    How I choose to feel is how I am.
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    I disagree with you. Why do you feel you're due tickets over a kid who is 15 years old and not born when you signed up for tenclub. That kid has just as much right to be at the show.
    +1 to that. But what he does have over that 15 year old kid if they both get tickets is seniority and therefore better seats. That is more than fair to me.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576

Yeah, this entitlement shit pisses me the fuck off. How are you better than a new member OP? Cause you paid your dues earlier means you should get seats before anyone else? That's all the band wants is to see the same spoiled fucks at every show. No wonder Eddie ALWAYS gives a shout out to the back. Cause those are the fans he actually cares about.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,331
    Roscoe28 wrote:
    Dear Tenclub,

If your not going to get a server to support the demand, you need to do something to alleviate the stress on the server. I suggest the following:

For the popular shows (ie. Boston, NYC, Philly, Chicago, Seattle) stagger the onsales not only for those cities, but by Ten Club Number. That was those who have been loyal the longest have a better chance at getting seats. I'm sorry to those who just joined, but you should not be able to get tickets over those who have been members for 15 years.....just my opinion.

So what you're saying is, since I just re-joined two years ago, I should not be able to get 10C tickets. Even though I saw my first show in 98, joined the 10C in 99 and let my memebership go in 2001.

What's your plan? Give the most opportunity to the people that have numbers that are 300x and under and let the rest of us fight for shit. That sounds pretty fair.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,845
    it is what it is
    love it or leave it
    the 10c is well aware of the problems
    the band does care about getting tix for the fan club
    its an imperfect system
    sometimes you get through
    sometimes you dont

every member has an equal shot at a ticket for every show-fair as can be
    if they upgraded the servers to Tm level-everyone would be bitching that they sold out in ten seconds.

please lets end these threads now
    (and thats from someone that got shut out of MSG-hometown show-for the first time)
  • BM42909BM42909 Posts: 143
    There are a lot of elitist douche bags in the NYC area.

10C shouldn't change a thing. Some people were able to secure tickets to a great show at a great venue without paying TicketBastard. Others will have a chance to join in the fun by purchasing tickets on Saturday. Win/Win.
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    edited March 2010
    Didn't the lottery start because the band kept seeing the same faces up front? I think having fresh blood at shows is a great thing! Pretty much what you are saying is that in major markets people shouldn't join up because they are less deserving of tickets. What you need to realize is that there is no way Pearl Jam could sell out these venues if it wasn't for the introduction of the music to younger generations.

I am 30, first heard Ten through my brother in 7th grade, and didn't join the 10club until 2003. Does it mean I wasn't a devoted fan? Absolutely not!

Senior members already get prime seats, which they deserve, but they shouldn't get priority in ticket sales.

Maybe younger members need to give instructions on how to use the internet to get tickets....these kids are more and more technically proficient these days anyway.
    Post edited by jervin007 on
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • LaddieLaddie Posts: 311
    Perhaps Roscoe was writing this while under duress.

alg_roscoe_jenkins.jpg
  • Get_Right wrote:
    if they upgraded the servers to Tm level-everyone would be bitching that they sold out in ten seconds.

No. Like someone said in another thread, I'd rather they sell out right away then have the website get all fucked up with tickets just hanging around for hours that nobody is able to get...wasting a whole day for some people.
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
  • yooperpjyooperpj Posts: 313
    Regardless of server size/speed, the bottom line is this:
    Some people are going to get shut out no matter what! If you would've gotten the tickets, some one else would'nt have! I got shut out of MSG2. It's not the end of the world.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Get_Right wrote:
    it is what it is
    love it or leave it
    the 10c is well aware of the problems
    the band does care about getting tix for the fan club
    its an imperfect system
    sometimes you get through
    sometimes you dont

every member has an equal shot at a ticket for every show-fair as can be

please lets end these threads now
    (and thats from someone that got shut out of MSG-hometown show-for the first time)

this

i understand the frustration...i felt like a fool yesterday sitting in front of a computer for 6 hours watching nothing happen...but then i thought about the days before the internet...getting up at 3am or better yet, sleeping outside all night, just for a chance at tickets...rock and roll baby!
  • tubes10stubes10s Posts: 529
    Roscoe28 wrote:
    Dear Tenclub,

I have a pretty old, low membership number, but I disagree completely with this post. As fan club members, we all should and DO have an equal shot at tickets for every show, which is cool, because none of us deserve to be at a show any more than the next guy/girl. There is already a great perk for having a old membership number, but it comes in AFTER you get your tickets, when you get to basically "cut in line" and sit up front in front of everyone with higher numbers than you. I'm not the biggest fan of the random rows 1&2 and 9&10 that is done now... but that's not that bad. I would have done maybe rows 6-8 are random and that's it, or something like that instead. But anyway, we certainly do not have anything to complain about here. This fan club treats us very well seeing as it's only $20 a year to stay active, and the way that tickets are done now, like it or not, is completely fair for everyone.
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    10-29-13 - Charlottesville
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    Well maybe I have a different idea of what "constructive" means :roll:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I have a 5 digit member#, but I think the current system is fair...everyone has an equal chance of getting tix, but the senior members are assured great seats if they are able to get tickets.

Good system of checks and balances.
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I have a 5 digit member#, but I think the current system is fair...everyone has an equal chance of getting tix, but the senior members are assured great seats if they are able to get tickets.

Good system of checks and balances.
    exactly! in the new system the OP refers to i would never be able to get tickets and see pearl jam in my hometown again because i live in NY and because i didn't have the foresight to join the club back when i was 2. :roll:
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Roscoe28 wrote:
    Dear Tenclub,

I say they just mail you Row 1 Centre, maybe even before the show is announced. You obviously "deserve" it. :roll:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • What the heck let me chime in. I've been in this club since 92 my number is in the mid 3000 I was once told I was the longest running member. I feel the pain I got shutout of the Boston show yesterday and I was upset but I've seen many great shows from truely great seats and as much as I'd like to be up there again I know I'll get in and it will still be amazing. You old timers don't sweat it you'll get the seats again just go to the show and be grateful that they still put on one of the best shows ever.
  • joebotjoebot Posts: 372
    My biggest beef is the zero acknowledgement from 10 c when cluster fucks like this go down.
    I remember last Hartford show the nightmare of trying to redeem the tix from the 10c booth it was a disaster and by the time most of us got in it was the 3rd song. Not so much as even a blanket sorry email. I still haven't gotten a confirmation email for msg 1 even tho i am confident I got them.
    A little compassion and communication goes a long way.
  • in eds treein eds tree Posts: 539
    ugh.

it's comments like this that make it hard to even lurk around these boards. "i spend more money therefore i'm a bigger fan" is bullshit. i've been listening to pearl jam since they first came out, but i was also in sixth grade. i didn't have the opportunity to go to my first show until like 2003 when i was 21. most senior members have been to like a million shows, and i feel like that is reward in and of itself. sure, give them better seats, but let other people have a chance to experience what you've already experienced more than most of us. just because you have been a member for 15 years does not make you a more "loyal fan", nor does it make you more deserving. we are all fans here, and it was fair enough. i sat there for almost 7 hours refreshing and still didn't get tickets, but i am not complaining. i tried, and i didn't get them. i don't begrudge anyone else their tickets. congrats to you, and better luck to me and everyone else next time. this whole sore-loser nonsense is REALLY old.

imho.
    keep on rockin' in the free world.
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283

+1
    As a 17 year old, thank you for this post! :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • RC153010RC153010 Posts: 864
    I was not a member but I followed the band for years since I was ten. How does an eleven year get 5 bucks to join the club. Did you want me to strat selling nickel backs of cocaine or something to come up with the money. Mommy and Daddy would of backed handed me if I asked for the money. I have been in the club for like 8 years or so. However, i usually show up without tickets to other states and find my way. Senority is overated.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    ofcourse i disagree..justice..its a 25$ per year...u pay ,i pay..all we have the same rights...is like elections..young people can put one vote,like older people...cant say older can put 2 votes couse they pay taxis more years.....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”