Boston Travel Info

LiteTheMatchLiteTheMatch Posts: 1,208
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Anyone know of hotels near the TB Garden? or cheap rates?

Thanks
A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
I've spent so many years in question
To find I'd known this all along.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Anyone know of hotels near the TB Garden? or cheap rates?

Thanks

Tough to find cheap rates in Boston for hotels man...I know there is a Holiday Inn Express near there.

Just google map it and try to get the BEST rate...not CHEAP...haha
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    You can get cheap if you expand your search to outside Boston proper. Boston proper hotels can be very pricey.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Good point...and if you happen to drink a little too much there is a lot of public transportation.
  • matt1030matt1030 Posts: 5
    Yeah I would recommend expanding your search a little to hotels in surrounding towns that have a train stop.

I live a little south of Boston, and would recommend searching in the following towns which have train stops that will take you into Boston.

Norwood
    Quincy
    Braintree
    Weymouth
    Malden
    Sommerville
    Wilmington

And a link to the mass public transportation web site:

http://mbta.com/
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Hotels in Boston aren't as quite as steep as NYC but they can be expensive. Looking beyond Boston proper is your best bet, but just keep in mind that Boston's subway system doesn't offer 24 hour service.

Check out places in East Boston, Revere or Somerville. They're not so far that a cab ride is out of the question in case the post-show celebrating extends beyond MBTA service hours. (And as you know, it probably will!)

Good luck!
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • U R A Crazy BreedU R A Crazy Breed Posts: 8,370
    edited March 2010
    yup....Hotel Loveboatadmiral!! :lol::lol::lol:

i heard everyone is staying there!! ;):mrgreen:

EDIT: oops..that's admiral not captain :mrgreen:
    Post edited by U R A Crazy Breed on
    yup....Hotel Loveboatcaptain!! :lol::lol::lol:

i heard everyone is staying there!! ;):mrgreen:
    I call the couch!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • mcthudmcthud Posts: 366
    A decent bet is hotels in my neck of the woods. Newton/Waltham/Watertown. You can take a cab from there to the Green Line Riverside T stop for a couple bucks, which will take you right to North Station for the show.
  • mcthud wrote:
    A decent bet is hotels in my neck of the woods. Newton/Waltham/Watertown. You can take a cab from there to the Green Line Riverside T stop for a couple bucks, which will take you right to North Station for the show.

the Lowell station is 3 minutes from my house...train pulls right into the garden...i love when they play there!! :D
  • mcthudmcthud Posts: 366
    mcthud wrote:

the Lowell station is 3 minutes from my house...train pulls right into the garden...i love when they play there!! :D

Bet you'd love it more if they played the Tsongas. I'm sure they wouldn't though :D
  • like.echoeslike.echoes Posts: 582
    mcthud wrote:

E, it looks like the last Lowell train leaves North Station at 12:10am, you have no worries about making that one on time? I'm leaning toward taking the train rather than staying the night in Boston!
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t

• E, it looks like the last Lowell train leaves North Station at 12:10am, you have no worries about making that one on time? I'm leaning toward taking the train rather than staying the night in Boston!

it's nice to not have to drive and get my drink on....now if they just had a smoking car on that train! ;):mrgreen:
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Hey Boston fans, my first trip to the city there. When I am looking up a hotel, what area is best that is close the Garden? Priceline has harbour and/or waterfront? Quincy market? Copley Square? Are any of them good to get a cab to the venue, or can't go worng with any of those?
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Hey Boston fans, my first trip to the city there. When I am looking up a hotel, what area is best that is close the Garden? Priceline has harbour and/or waterfront? Quincy market? Copley Square? Are any of them good to get a cab to the venue, or can't go worng with any of those?

i always use google maps...type in the venue address and then when it pops up click search nearby and enter "hotel"...they will show you all the hotels in the area of the venue....all within walking distance. :mrgreen:

so you're coming to Boston PJsteelerfan...very cool...i hope to meet you at the preparty! :mrgreen:
    Hey Boston fans, my first trip to the city there. When I am looking up a hotel, what area is best that is close the Garden? Priceline has harbour and/or waterfront? Quincy market? Copley Square? Are any of them good to get a cab to the venue, or can't go worng with any of those?

i always use google maps...type in the venue address and then when it pops up click search nearby and enter "hotel"...they will show you all the hotels in the area of the venue....all within walking distance. :mrgreen:

so you're coming to Boston PJsteelerfan...very cool...i hope to meet you at the preparty! :mrgreen:

yeah, I am excited, My brother and I are making the trip up, can't wait to check out the city. We'll be at the preparty. :D
    I 'll get my rooms for Boston and Hartford booked this weekend. All those area's looked pretty close, jsut want to get some opinions on the city and what area will have stuff to do during the day.
    Uh oh, pjsteelerfan is coming to the land of the Patriots...I'll be sure to brush up on my Ben jokes between now and then.

Seriously though, hope to see ya at the pre-parties buddy.
  • yeah, I am excited, My brother and I are making the trip up, can't wait to check out the city. We'll be at the preparty. :D
    I 'll get my rooms for Boston and Hartford booked this weekend. All those area's looked pretty close, jsut want to get some opinions on the city and what area will have stuff to do during the day.

you can't go wrong staying close to the venue as it's pretty much in the heart of down town Boston....there are tons of things to do & places to eat and drink, all within walking distance...or a really, really short train/cab ride.
    Uh oh, pjsteelerfan is coming to the land of the Patriots...I'll be sure to brush up on my Ben jokes between now and then.

:oops: You guys have had our number for the last few years anyway, I never like it when I see the Pats on our schedule
    yeah, I am excited, My brother and I are making the trip up, can't wait to check out the city. We'll be at the preparty. :D

you can't go wrong staying close to the venue as it's pretty much in the heart of down town Boston....there are tons of things to do & places to eat and drink, all within walking distance...or a really, really short train/cab ride.

Cool, I'll just grab whatever one has the best deal then

:oops: You guys have had our number for the last few years anyway, I never like it when I see the Pats on our schedule
    I'm just giving you shit bro, you guys do have twice as many Superbowls as we do.

I'm just giving you shit bro, you guys do have twice as many Superbowls as we do.

I know. And our chances of any more superbowls in the next few years gets less and less everytime a semi-attractive woman says "Hi" to Ben.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    mcthud wrote:

Same here. My train is on the Haverhill line but it is only a 20 minute ride to the Garden from my stop. I can walk to the station, go to the Garden, see the best show of the tour, get back on the train, and be tucked cozy into bed by 1am resting up for the eventually announced second show on Tuesday.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • I've been trying to lowball Priceline for the last few days with no luck. In 06 I got the Radisson for only $80 per night...doesn't look like I'll have that kind of luck this time around I'm afraid.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • wigswigs Posts: 45
    anywhere near the commuter rail would be sufficient as it takes you right into the gahden
    ~Stop light plays it's part, so I would say you have a part. What's your part? Who you are. You are who, who you are~