Options

question about TEN CLUB SEATS

ONCE DEVIDEDONCE DEVIDED Posts: 1,131
edited June 2008 in The Porch
HI all
I am finally going to become a ten club member, my brother is going to join me up and pay my membership as a birthday gift every year.
I was wondering about the ticket lottery.
some members seem to complain about bad seats and i was wondering about the seats given out.
I generally camp out for tickets and was thinking about how ten clubbers get access before everyone else. are the worse TC seats better the general sale tickets? or could you end up right at the back of the venue.
please an explanation of this would be great.
please I dont want a bitch session, just information
cheers
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    As a real of thumb, 10 club seats are better than general admission. They say they try to get 10 clubbers the floor seats and those on the side closest to the stage.

The lottery is a new thing that has only begun this tour as a way to shake things up a bit and give newer members a chance of being up front. You'll never know you're there though until you pick up your tickets.

I think it all depends on your definition of bad seats. If you join now, unless you win the lottery, you cannot expect to be up front. You can expect to be in front of those people who got tickets in general sale though :)
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    No way, Those who have paid the dues deserve front and centre. Im just concerned that I would get worse seats than when I camp out for tickets. I usually get around the mixing desk etc. newcastle I got about hafway up from that, and thats the best Ive gotten.
    I rae bad seat as up the back of the venue.
    Im only asking as I would still camp out for tickets, but if tc seats are better than that well I would go with that.
    also how many can you get per show??
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,364
    ask stella (illegalpants) about her 10c seats for melb1 2006. she was back floor. crappy seats. but you dont hear too many stories like that.

i got tickets 2nd row centre for adelaide1 from ticketek on the day of the show... better than my 5th row 10c seats which i gave to a mate who was originally in 20th row... another example that you can do better than 10c.. if u play your cards right. my mate got front row mike from the ticket agency for melb3 2003 on the day of the show after it had been "sold out".

lesson from this is that you can wait for promoters/sponsors tickets to be handed back for sale.. they are generally pretty good.

in newcastle the 10c section was only for the centre section of seats. so in effect you couldve got 1st row stone or mike from the ticket agency in this case.

we've talked before about camping out for tickets... i know you love the hype and feel of a good camp out.. but you gotta get out of 1993... the internet is the way to go. as your ticket lady is fumbling thru the computer system at 9:01, so are 2,000 other people in the comfort of their homes at their PC.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    newcastle? if you're in europe, none of this applies. the smaller number of 10c members there almost guarantees you awesome seats....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    ask stella (illegalpants) about her 10c seats for melb1 2006. she was back floor. crappy seats. but you dont hear too many stories like that.

i got tickets 2nd row centre for adelaide1 from ticketek on the day of the show... better than my 5th row 10c seats which i gave to a mate who was originally in 20th row... another example that you can do better than 10c.. if u play your cards right. my mate got front row mike from the ticket agency for melb3 2003 on the day of the show after it had been "sold out".

lesson from this is that you can wait for promoters/sponsors tickets to be handed back for sale.. they are generally pretty good.

in newcastle the 10c section was only for the centre section of seats. so in effect you couldve got 1st row stone or mike from the ticket agency in this case.

we've talked before about camping out for tickets... i know you love the hype and feel of a good camp out.. but you gotta get out of 1993... the internet is the way to go. as your ticket lady is fumbling thru the computer system at 9:01, so are 2,000 other people in the comfort of their homes at their PC.

whilst im standing at the door/counter im also ringing and my mate is online, my tickets have been great, and I usually have a few mates coming along so individual tix on the day of show. man thats a risk I dont want to take.
    It maybe so 1993 but hey Im 39 in 2 days. camping for tix is so rocknroll.
    PJ is the only band that gets me laying down on the concrete
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE