Help!! What "You're Ripping our face off" ??????

SalJamSalJam Posts: 125
edited March 2010 in The Porch
I'm trying to get Hartford tickets... I hit BUY and I get a screen saying Your Ripping our Face off. What the hell is this??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    SalJam wrote:
    I'm trying to get Hartford tickets... I hit BUY and I get a screen saying You Ripped our Face off. What the hell is this??

It is the site crashing due to many ppl buyin tickets ! :(
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    Well that means that you have to cross your fingers and click refresh like a mad man and hope for the better.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • steizisteizi Posts: 24
    Did anyone get tickets? it now says temp out of stock...
  • MF151004MF151004 Posts: 31
    does temp out of stock mean sold out?
    Dodge Music Center - Oct 02, 1996,Great Woods Center - Sep 15, 1998,Tweeter Center - Aug 30, 2000,Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003,Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003,Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008,Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008,Fleet Center - Sep 29, 2004,TD Banknorth Garden - May 24, 2006,TD Banknorth Garden - May 25, 2006,United Center - Aug 23, 2009
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    youngster suggested something that proved very fruitful. When you get the rip face page, instead of reloading or pressing "try again", what you should do is just press back/previous page. That way you still have your BUY button, rather than TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • MF151004 wrote:

It just means all the tickets are in people's carts. The buy button should appear again... eventually.
  • it means you won't get tix, that's what it means.
    the buy button is a real bitch. i've hit it 5 times today, and haven't gotten tix once, and NO tix are NOT in my cart.
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    youngster suggested something that proved very fruitful. When you get the rip face page, instead of reloading or pressing "try again", what you should do is just press back/previous page. That way you still have your BUY button, rather than TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK.
    That's how I buy my Emek posters.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • MF151004 wrote:

It just means all the tickets are in people's carts. The buy button should appear again... eventually.

yup, it will appear again ... eventually ... and then you'll hit that buy button, and get your face ripped off .... again...
  • edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    hit checkout and see if you have them. don't hit view cart. I had them yesterday and didn't see them in my cart, but when I hit checkout, there they were. I think that a lot of people actually have tickets, they just don't know it.
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    That's how I buy my Emek posters.
    What's up Hollis? Haven't seen ya on the board much the last few weeks...too busy hocking posters, are we?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Just got tickets at 7:14 Eastern time.
    Very happy
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    breaking news: having 5 windows open does not work (anymore)!

I closed 4 and the last one went through fast. I guess they were conflicting with each other. I was getting 4 "this item is not for sale" messages like this after clicking on the Hartford pair:

this item is not for sale

so I thought the multiple windows refreshing might be the problem...and it was.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale