Any programmers know whether this would work?

benjsbenjs Posts: 9,101
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Here's my idea as a potential solution to these ticketing issues, and I'm seriously interested if anyone who is a programmer knows whether this is a feasible solution. I apologize if this either blatantly flawed, but I'm curious to get some input.

1) User specifies which show they want to go to. Ten Club obtains user information (credit card information etc.) at a time BEFORE the ticket on-sale. Pre-authorize the funds, and hold them until the ticket on-sale.
2) Each ticketing page should contain a button which becomes clickable at exactly the on-sale time. The first time the user clicks it, the difference in time between when the button became clickable and when the button was actually clicked, is recorded and sent to the Ten Club, and linked to the user's account. (Can this be done through Flash or Java?)
3) Once a number of first clicks slightly greater than the quota of tickets the Ten Club has (to account for latency in data transfer) are submitted, these data points (user information and time it took to click) would be put in order based on how long the button took to be pressed once that was an option, and the first (insert number of 10C tickets available) on the list would have their credit cards (with information already submitted) charged. If the information sent to 10C were text-based (just a user name and difference in time would suffice), and users didn't have to refresh the website, or proceed to any other page to enter additional information, wouldn't this dramatically lighten the load on the server?
'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments