hartford

1235»

Comments

• Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    frustrating but it's not the end of the world...as irish as i am, it was not meant to be and we'll give it another go on friday.
    I love to turn you on
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Well, I'm outta luck on Saint Patty's Day, not without lack of trying.

Gonna try to get some tickets through Ticketmaster, hopefully I'll see some of you there!
  • nylynnylyn Posts: 1
    this whole experience really sucked
    3 hours last night and 1 13/4 hours tonight and no tickets
    I guess I'll just have to live with the memories of Spectrum 4 and front row seats

143xxx
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    yummymochi wrote:
    ^^ I totally agree. Why would they even show the buy button when you end up with some stupid face ripper error?

because at that moment their was a pair(s)available, but someone else got to it (them) before you. Many people get the buy icon, but only one (a few) gets through. Everyone else gets the rip your face screen.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    nylyn wrote:
    this whole experience really sucked
    3 hours last night and 1 13/4 hours tonight and no tickets
    I guess I'll just have to live with the memories of Spectrum 4 and front row seats

143xxx

Nice first post!

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• This was terrible. Now I have to figure how to get tickets while I'm at work. This is the FIRST time 10 Club has let me down. NOW I have to go to the ticketing agency the band tried to deregulate? Damn. This is WRONG.

The website isn't strong enough for these types of sales. I think they should have a separate site for ticket sales. If Ticketsatan has one, so can PJ. It would be worth and the time, to construct.
    FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS THREE!
    www.wm3.org
    9/13/98 Hartford,CT - 9/18/98 Columbia,MD
    8/23/00 Jones Beach (Wantagh,NY) - 7/8/03 NYC (DVD show)
    9/28/04 Boston,MA (VFC Benefit-10C) - 6/23/06 Pittsburgh,PA
    6/27/08 Hartford, CT
  • brucebruce Posts: 384
    yeah.... i took time off work to sit down and try to get these things... they weren't even showing up until 3:05! Oh well, I got Boston tix... I'm looken for an extra hartford for a boston.... let me know if anyone has one! 176***
    Writing checks that others pay.....

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Got lucky with Boston yesterday but not with Hartford tonight. It seemed like the tickets didn't appear right at the the top of the hour but instead a few minutes later and they were immediately "temporarily out of stock". Refreshed for an hour and 40 minutes and only saw a buy button a few times. Just as well, the "You ripped our face off!" message wasn't fun.

Oh well. Will try TM on Friday. Still confident we'll get in the building somehow.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • brucebruce Posts: 384
    JimmyV wrote:
    Got lucky with Boston yesterday but not with Hartford tonight. It seemed like the tickets didn't appear right at the the top of the hour but instead a few minutes later and they were immediately "temporarily out of stock". Refreshed for an hour and 40 minutes and only saw a buy button a few times. Just as well, the "You ripped our face off!" message wasn't fun.

Oh well. Will try TM on Friday. Still confident we'll get in the building somehow.

The exact same thing happened to me... sucks!
    Writing checks that others pay.....

• Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Shut out for all 10 club tickets I tried for . Very disenchanted with Pearl Jam right now.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • jj274219jj274219 Posts: 20
    likewise. not a happy time
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I was going nuts trying to score a pair but my man Fenway Faithful scored a pair first. It's nice to know people with a better 10C number than you! :lol:

See you at the show everyone. It is going to be a great day.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • loveedloveed Posts: 12
    I'm so sad
    I wish I was the souvenir you kept your house key on.
  • mtroy123mtroy123 Posts: 11
    I've been reading these posts for years now and I finally feel the need to make my own. Before I start I just want to say I'm sorry, just need to vent a little. Here goes....

Fuck you Ten Club!!!! I wasted an hour at work constantly refreshing your incredibly slow web page, only to end up getting the face ripper 3 times after giving me false hope with the buy button. You guys suck.

OK i feel a bit better now.

Anyways, after being a member for about 6 years, I'm done. My number is 337 so to the people with higher numbers, you're welcome. The only reason I pay the $20 a year is for good seats at the concerts. I couldn't care less about Deep magazine, and the single is cool but I can always buy it off Ebay. What's the point if I'm going to get shut out of tickets?

I'll try ticketmaster, but even if I get shut out there, I don't think I will mind much. I used to be obsessed with PJ, but let's face it, they're not the same band anymore. Hard for me to admit but it's the truth. Oh well, I can't get mad, they did give us Ten - Binaural. It was a great run but it had to end sometime.

Congrats to everyone who got tix. Have fun.
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    mtroy123 wrote:
    Fuck you Ten Club!!!! I wasted an hour at work constantly refreshing your incredibly slow web page, only to end up getting the face ripper 3 times after giving me false hope with the buy button. You guys suck.
    Kinda how I feel, but you gotta think that for every person disappointed, there's somebody who's excited.
  • jaboodeyjaboodey Posts: 90
    tcaporale wrote:
    mtroy123 wrote:
    Kinda how I feel, but you gotta think that for every person disappointed, there's somebody who's excited.

agreed-from somone who got shut out of Boston and Hartford. Frustrated & Disappointed in NH tonight....
    Rochester NY '94, E Rutherford NJ '98, MSG '98
    Jones Beach 2000, Mansfield 03, Camden 03, Hershey 03
    Boston VFC 04, Halifax 05
    Hartford 06, Boston 06, E Rutherford 06
    Mansfield I & II 08, Philly Spectrum -Halloween 09! Hartford '10
    Eddie -Boston 6/16/11, Worcester 2013, Amsterdam 6/16/14,
    Quebec City '16, Ottowa '16, Fenway Nights 1 & 2 2016
    London 1 2018, Fenway Nights 1 & 2 2018
    Got Id?
  • lovebuzzlovebuzz Posts: 42
    mtroy123 wrote:
    Anyways, after being a member for about 6 years, I'm done. My number is 337 so to the people with higher numbers, you're welcome. The only reason I pay the $20 a year is for good seats at the concerts. I couldn't care less about Deep magazine, and the single is cool but I can always buy it off Ebay. What's the point if I'm going to get shut out of tickets?

I don't agree with the last thing you said, but I kinda agree with this part. I really only keep my membership current to get decent seats - I, too, don't really care about Deep magazine, and I haven't listened to a single holiday single yet (lack the ol' record player). So when shows like this come up, I fully expect my money isn't going to waste. So if you use your membership like me (basically just to get decent tickets), and say you get to see them every 2-3 years if you're lucky (i.e. if you live in the northeast), you're paying $40-$60 just for the PRIVELEGE of spending 2 hrs hitting the refresh button. Now I'm just going to end up with regular tickets from TicketBastard (if I'm lucky)... why bother with the 10c? I know it's not definite that I'll get great seats, but really that's a lot of money to drop just for the chance to get seats. Basically, I'm paying scalper-like add ons to be in the 10c...

Oh, I'm 229xxx... wouldn't have been great seats, but wouldn't have been awful either.
  • ManimalManimal Posts: 152
    Why is it that when Pearl Jams music gets shitter it gets harder to buy tickets. F&*# you Pearl Jam and tenclub, get your sh^t in line. You've been dealing with this problem for years now. what the hell is our membership payment going towards? Fuck I'm pist. and fuck you if you are going to bitch about my post, get a life.
    DVD: http://db.etree.org/Manimal
    Posters: www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=Manimal&view=4
  • WaxxWaxx Posts: 36
    Anyone got a spare for Hartford ?
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,699
    mtroy123 wrote:

This is indicative of the monster that 10club and the band have helped to create.
    When I joined, there were no ticketing priveleges. I joined cause I wanted the newsletter and the 4th of July single. (And it only cost $5 at the time) I'm quite sure back then things were very manageable for the staff at 10club. Then they started with the ticketing, but members could buy 2 tickets per tour. So again membership probably stayed at a manageable level.
    Once the rule changed allowing in 2003 allowing folks to buy as many tix as they wanted, the membership spiked immmensely. Now the club can't handle the demand in certain markets.
    So is there a solution?
    If they go back to one show per tour, members will be pissed and membership will drop.
    Its a vicious cycle, and there is no way to please eveyone.
    Perhaps they should find a way to restrict sales for the first day to local members only, for example you can only buy MSG tix on day 1 if you live in NY, NJ or CT; Boston tix only for those in the New England States and so on. Then at least the local members have a better shot, and travellers can only scoop 10c tix if local demand doesn't snap them all up (like all the midwest cities this time).
    Don't know how difficult that would be for them to implement, but I'm sure there's software that can handle it.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • shepshep Posts: 5,765
    Poncier wrote:
    This is indicative of the monster that 10club and the band have helped to create.
    When I joined, there were no ticketing priveleges. I joined cause I wanted the newsletter and the 4th of July single. (And it only cost $5 at the time) I'm quite sure back then things were very manageable for the staff at 10club. Then they started with the ticketing, but members could buy 2 tickets per tour. So again membership probably stayed at a manageable level.
    Once the rule changed allowing in 2003 allowing folks to buy as many tix as they wanted, the membership spiked immmensely. Now the club can't handle the demand in certain markets.
    So is there a solution?
    If they go back to one show per tour, members will be pissed and membership will drop.
    Its a vicious cycle, and there is no way to please eveyone.
    Perhaps they should find a way to restrict sales for the first day to local members only, for example you can only buy MSG tix on day 1 if you live in NY, NJ or CT; Boston tix only for those in the New England States and so on. Then at least the local members have a better shot, and travellers can only scoop 10c tix if local demand doesn't snap them all up (like all the midwest cities this time).
    Don't know how difficult that would be for them to implement, but I'm sure there's software that can handle it.

Reserving tickets for local members is complete bullshit.

I got shut out of Hartford tickets yesterday, but I'm not going to whine about it. When the tickets went up for sale I didn't even get the icon until about 9 minutes after the stated "on sale" time and I must have ripped Pearl Jam's face off atleast 7 or 8 times... very annoying by the way... but I still continued to refresh until they were out of stock... sure I had better things to do, I wound up being late for hockey, but that's the price you pay.

Anyway, back to the point about reserving fan club tickets for "local" members is bullshit. I live in Texas. I'm not originally from there, but I live there now. If I didn't travel to go see Pearl Jam, I wouldn't get to see them. And I'm sorry, but when I travel I'm not really interested in going to places like KC or STL (sorry, don't mean to insult people in those cities, but there's just really not an attraction for me to go there...), I want to go to a major city where there are things to do and people to see (relatives). I take a few days off work, go see some attractions in the area, and take in a few shows. It's not my fault that Pearl Jam consistantly plays these markets and not mine... you're all welcome to come next time they hit Texas and I won't gripe about reserving ticket sales for locals.

Frankly, if they started doing what you're talking about, I would consider dropping my membership. There is only 2 shows I've ever been to that I was a "local" at, back in my hometown of St. John's, Newfoundland of 2005. And Pearl Jam will never play there again... and did the people of that small town whine about "out of towners" when the band sold out 2 nights in a row due to a massive influx of tourists? Not a chance.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 973
    Am I the only one who's 4 for 4 with Northeast show? :shock:

I guess 10C favors the young'ns in the crowd ;)

In before an angry FenwayFaithful who wants to meet the "young" people because he's trying to relive his stolen youth. You can't party with my crew you Massachusetts motherfucker. Stick to shows in your own state. NEGGED.

wait what? (lol)
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I was so very lucky and I mean lucky lucky to get Hartford- really didn't think I'd have a shot.
    But even if I hadn't gotten any tickets I would never give up my 10C membership, never ever.
    This because it is Pearl Jam's fan club. I want nothing from the band but their beautiful music.
    I would belong if there were no tickets (although that was how I found out about 10C) no Deep, no single, even no forum :shock:
    I belong to show my appreciation to the best most talented band around. I understand though this is not the case with a flood of people round these parts lately but I do still think it is how the band's fan base feels.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,699
    shep wrote:

Frankly, if they started doing what you're talking about, I would consider dropping my membership. There is only 2 shows I've ever been to that I was a "local" at, back in my hometown of St. John's, Newfoundland of 2005. And Pearl Jam will never play there again... and did the people of that small town whine about "out of towners" when the band sold out 2 nights in a row due to a massive influx of tourists? Not a chance.
    Now, I'm not saying restrict shows only to locals, just give locals first crack. They did similar stuff with Europe shows previously where they didn't open sales up to Americans till later so the Europeans would all get first crack at tix. It would ease the server traffic quite a bit by staggering the crowd over 2 days, buy likely shows at MSG would never reach day 2 sales, and a few folks like yourself would be ticked off.
    Again, there's not gonna be a way to please eveyone. Whenever they play NYC, Boston, Philly, Seattle and a few other markets, 10club demand will far outweigh its allocated supply, unless the club could find a way to increase its allotment of tix in these markets, there's gonna be a lot of unhappy folks. And if they got more tix, there'd be people pissed off when 10club sits them in the nosebleeds at MSG.
    They're in a no win situation.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • jbizjbiz Posts: 11
    hey first time getting tickets with the 10c how are the tickets(seats) im 2 for 2 hartford,boston not bad for a first time rookie :lol:
    jesse biziewski
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    FirstExit wrote:

Nope... i am as well 8-)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • FirstExit wrote:

I guess 10C favors the young'ns in the crowd ;)

In before an angry FenwayFaithful who wants to meet the "young" people because he's trying to relive his stolen youth. You can't party with my crew you Massachusetts motherfucker. Stick to shows in your own state. NEGGED.

No, I went 4 for 4 too. Both MSG, Hartford & Boston. Though I nearly went 3 for 4 because I didnt score MSG 2 tix until 50 minutes after they went on sale.

I think I am 26 for 28 since 2the early 2000's or something. Definitely not 2000, at least since 03 I think. The only show I got shut out of was Philly Spectrum night 3 last year and Philly Wachovia 2005. Though I still found tickets for both shows. I mean, if I dont get tix for a show that I want to go too. Its almost certain that you can score a ticket at the venue the day of the show.

I first seen them in 98, then 2000. But ordering tickets was by mail back then. And you could only go to a certain amount of shows. I like this system because I love to and always go to multiple shows. Seeing Pearl Jam live is my favorite thing to do. I look forward to it every year. Things arent perfect, but I like it. And I especially like the lottery because though I have a decent fan club # (167xxx), its never nearly good enough to get me all that close. Especially because the majority of the shows I attend are in the northeast.

In Philly, Boston and especially NYC, the demand is sooooo much greater than the supply. The fan club only gets a certain % of a particular venues tickets. Something like 10%. If you dont have a fast internet connection when these tix go onsale, you are screwed. That said, there are always numerous other avenues to to take to score tickets to a show. It may not be the best price or seat, but really, the most important thing is to get your ass in the building.

When I got shut out of Philly Spectrum night 3 last year, I decided to ask the Ten Club if they would except me giving my pair of Toronto tickets back to them for a pair of Philly tix. They excepted. I gladly did that because I wanted to go to Philly night 3 way more than Toronto.

But all and all, there isnt much the Ten Club can do.Well maybe some small improvements, but the major problem comes down to a simple case of supply and demand. Its not that the Ten Clubs servers crash, its just a bottleneck, an internet traffic jam. Thousands of people trying to fit through a logical port that can only fit a certain amount through at a given time. Its like being in a traffic jam on a highway and everything backs up in all lanes because everybody in all 4 lanes is trying to get off the same exact exit, which is only one lane, not 4. And if you have a fast connection, or car, you will likely beat the majority of the traffic to that exit one the light hits green form the start line. With a fast car or connection, you get off or access the the off exit ramp to the Ten Clubs site much quicker than people in slow cars/connections.

As far as the page being displayed sometimes and other times not being displayed. Its almost like you have a position set and are ready to get off the exit. Your almost there, but them all of sudden 4 faster cars somehow made their way up and cut you off, which bumped your position, so then you have to fight your way back into position to get off the exit. Do this in a fast car/connection, you will increase your chances greatly.

And then there are people that find back doors or side roads/shortcuts that bypass the traffic jam to gain access to the site. Usually if the Ten Club finds out that you have taken advantage of that, they will likely take your tickets at the very least.

That said, I still happen to think the Ten Club could put some money into the system to improve it a little better. At least so you dont get pages not being displayed. Make the fucking exit off ramp 2 lanes wide instead of 1.
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• DKMASS wrote:
    Took a few for them to pop up so i checked this thread. When I saw TERP go some I shit myself and went back. Im in!!!!!!!! I got Boston and Hartford. SWEET!

I RULE!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Indeed! :D
    How I choose to feel is how I am.