Options

NewsPaper story ( re PJ)

ONCE DEVIDEDONCE DEVIDED Posts: 1,131
edited February 2008 in The Porch
g,day all heres the story mentioned to the board about the surfboard ( signed by ED) have a lokk if you like
aYJvBSRC6T-D-ro0OLnxcvzjZHP-7DCv.jpg

17-12-07 Newcastle Herald
SWELL RIDE FOR CHARITY
This surfboard is making waves for Cystic Fibrosis and this keen surfer and Pearl Jam fan couldnt be happier than if he was actually surfing on it. Tony ( THATS ME) whose 4 year daughter lizzie has cystic fibrosis had the board made By Mark Richards who got Eddie Vedder to sign it when he stayed at Richards house after their Newcastle Gig over a year ago.
Tony kept the board lovingly wrapped and offered it on Ebay on the anniversary of the show to raise money for Cystic Fibrosis charities. Unknown to Tony the owner of the BANK SURF CO at Mount Hutton Troy Poulson got wind of the Ebay prize and contacted Quiksilver who outbid everyone to snag the board for $1500.
Of the money raised 80% goes to CFNSW and the remainder to the John Hunter CF clinic Tony said. They have been fantastic he said , they have provided our firs nebuliser for lizzie and assisted with physiotherapy, even supplying home care when requireed, information and support.
The surfboard was handed back to Tony his wife Joanne and Lizzie on friday by Quiksilver at the SURF BANK CO but the story dosnt end here. In the new year the surfboard will be taken to the Quiksilver factory where it will be signed by the Quiksilver team riders and yet again offered on Ebay to raise more money for Cystic Fibrosis.
It sounds like a challenge has been don Hey Ripcurl and Billibong

im pretty stoked
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Good on ya mate. U worked hard for that. Wish the pic was a bit clearer so i could read it. Well done
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    sorry I thought it would. I will type up the story fr you in the mornin, look at my initial post as I will edit it
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    ughhhhhhhh all the caps

;)
  • Options
    updated with story ( see the top)
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    fuck man, i dodnt realise u got it back, well done.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    yeah for the short term, soon Ive gotta give it to Quiksilver to get it signed by them then it goes back on Ebay at a minimum of $1500. the rep reckons that somebody like Ripcurl will then buy it and get their team to sign it and put it back on Ebay with the minimum being what they paid. then it will be another surf company like billibong and then on and on
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    :D Go T!!! :)

That's awesome! And thanks for typing it all out. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    Hopefully a certain Quiksilver team member by the name of Mr Slater would love to place his name alongside Ed's moniker.
    I doubt that there's many items around the world that adorn both Kelly Slater's and Eddie Vedder's name.
    This special item has now turned into a legendary piece of both musical and surfing history. Well done Tony!!
  • Options
    Yeah Oz Jammer that would be cool. heres hoping.
    Also If ripcurl get their team to sign it they have Our New world champion Mick Fanning.
    Im guuna take it back in to MR's to get a photo of the both of us before it gets all the names over it, then photos of each team as they get their names on it to sort of show the journey
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    Yeah Oz Jammer that would be cool. heres hoping.
    Also If ripcurl get their team to sign it they have Our New world champion Mick Fanning.
    Im guuna take it back in to MR's to get a photo of the both of us before it gets all the names over it, then photos of each team as they get their names on it to sort of show the journey

Nice :D
  • Options
    The Ed Vedder signed Alive surfboard is going to the Quiksilver Pro to be signed by the quiky team riders. Fantastic.
    The local Quiky rep has just picked it up and is getting it shipped up today.
    Soon it will be back on Ebay to make even more moneys for Cystic Fibrosis
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    VERY WELL DONE!
    Beautiful, this is really making big waves - I hope it raises much more now, and all the best to Lizzie!

Shows how far one person can reach out and give back to his/her community, benefiting it and the quality of life. We can all take great example from you!
  • Options
    thanks so much Einatshaul
    from you thats a great compliment. I remember very fondly of the help you gave at the Newcastle Pre show. In my eyes your a legend.
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Onya! Lizzie's such a lucky girl to have you as her father!
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    nah mate you got it backwards
    all my life I wondered why the hell was I here. I found out the day I held her in my arms.
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE