Random Number Distribution

HoochHooch Posts: 37
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Tickets for May 17th go on sale Friday morning at 10am eastern time, but Random Number Distribution starts at 9:15 am.

What is RND and how does one go about it? Do I go to ticketmaster and make like I'm buying tickets at 9:15?
Been to lots of shows. I love shows...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• silver39silver39 Posts: 1,346
    Hooch wrote:
    Tickets for May 17th go on sale Friday morning at 10am eastern time, but Random Number Distribution starts at 9:15 am.

What is RND and how does one go about it? Do I go to ticketmaster and make like I'm buying tickets at 9:15?

Do it online!!! If you to a ticketmaster location even if you're first in line if there are 3 or more people you all get #'s. So you could be there at 6am and still be last to buy tickets die to the # you get.....such BS!!
    i.e.....You are # 4 out of 10 then you are # 4 to buy tickets.
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Hooch wrote:

I believe the reason is to prevent scalping. As long as you are at the venue box office by 9:15, they will assign random numbers to people. Before the sale starts they will pick a number randomly. The person who has that number will be first in line and each number after will be how the line is formed. It is to prevent scalpers from camping out all night and getting all the good seats to sell for a profit.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • HoochHooch Posts: 37
    So RND is for in person ticket sales? Or can I do it on line?

I'm a little confused I think because it seems like whenever I buy tickets on-line I'll do it right when they go on sale and the best tix I'll get are like halfway back in the arena. I'm just trying to figure out a way to get great seats. I got lucky (fan club tix) 2 years ago and got 2nd row right between Eddie & Mike, and I didn't get them this time around. I guess I'm a little spoiled now...
    Been to lots of shows. I love shows...
  • idreaminredidreaminred Posts: 314
    Its weird...I don't see that tickets go on sale Friday. At ticketmaster.com they show that CT tickets go on sale Friday, but I do not see Boston at all. Any idea why?
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    Boston is listed on the LiveNation site. Since the two merged it still might appear on Ticketmaster though.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • silver39silver39 Posts: 1,346
    Saw Columbus public on sale thru Live Nation as well.
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"