On the positive side: 80% to 90% of tickets will be on TM

CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
edited March 2010 in The Porch
A few years ago after getting shut out of a presale I asked the TC what percentage of ticket they had available to sell during a presale.

"10-20 percent of venue capacity, depending on the show.

Thanks
10C Staff"

That means that 80% to 90% of the venue's tickets are going to be put on sale thru TM soon!

Just some hope for those still looking. The majority of tickets are still available.
:)
ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
*NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
*MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
*Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
*Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
*Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
*VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
*EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
*Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    CJMST3K wrote:
    A few years ago after getting shut out of a presale I asked the TC what percentage of ticket they had available to sell during a presale.

Thanks
    10C Staff"

That means that 80% to 90% of the venue's tickets are going to be put on sale thru TM soon!

Just some hope for those still looking. The majority of tickets are still available.

Did you manage ny tix yday man?
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • DB41DB41 Posts: 539
    +1

Act fast during the public onsales and it shouldn't be too difficult to get in the building.
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722

I did. Just barely. Their ticketing system crashes so easily and for so long, I just don't understand it.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • that's years ago man. believe me the program has grown from that. based on me asking people in both chicago 09 and new york 08, i bet at least half of the tix sold were ten club tickets. it's in everyone's best interest to pre-sell as many as possible. live nation and ticketmaster still get all their money and so does the venue and so does the band. presale tix are always non-refundable so that money is available right away for everyone and, if the band facilitates more of the purchases, then they cut a check to livenation and not the other way around. trust me, it's more than 20%.
    Toledo '96, Cleveland '98, Columbus '00, Cleveland '03, Toledo '04
    Washington D.C. '04, London '05,Hamilton '05,Grand Rapids '06,
    Cleveland '06, Detroit '06,Pittsburgh '06,Cincinnati '06,Chicago '07
    NYC '08, NYC '08, Chicago '09, Chicago '09, ACL '09, Columbus 2010, Noblesville 2010, Cleveland 2010, Buffalo 2010.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    those tickets will be gone in a flash and appear on the scalper sites for 300 a piece good ones twice that- not a lot of hope with TM well until a few days before when they release a bunch.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    so if MSG has seating of 20,000, then only 2,000 - 4,000 were available for each show yesterday, and since they sold in pairs, that meant only 1,000 - 2,000 of us were able to get through for each show yesterday. that explains a lot about the problems
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    CJMST3K wrote:

I did. Just barely. Their ticketing system crashes so easily and for so long, I just don't understand it.

For both nights dude?

I got NY1 :)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    problem is

scalpers will get 94% of the good seats available
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    CJMST3K wrote:

Thanks
    10C Staff"

cool thanks, I was just wondering what the % was. I do think it has gone up recently like someone said, but I will keep trying because I got shut out yesterday. ;)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    i think MSG is perhaps a different situation..
    the owners are hardnoses and have a plethora of lawyers in the forefront .
    ( this corporation owns not only the knicks/rangers but the building itself, radio city enterprises , as well as cablevision, the very first cable company )
    they always want thier share first upfront,
    i would guess they dictate if , what and how much tickets are alotted for such events- their businessmen first and fans second . Its billed as " The Worlds Most Famous Arena " so we know what their spin is going to be be from the get-go .
    Also - everyone in the fanclub wants to attend these shows- regardless of their geographic location , as we all saw in the presales yesterday .
    Would be interesting to know how many were allowed for these shows, just for shits and giggles.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,845
    CJMST3K wrote:

you dont really believe that do you?
    Id be surprised if 20% were sold to the public on Sat
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    cool thanks, I was just wondering what the % was. I do think it has gone up recently like someone said, but I will keep trying because I got shut out yesterday. ;)

truthfully we have no idea

you and another person guessing doesn't make it fact?
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    CJMST3K wrote:

Thanks
    10C Staff"

Great point!! Keep the faith!
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217

truthfully we have no idea

you and another person guessing doesn't make it fact?

no kidding...who said anything about fact? it's all a guess, but it's always worth it to keep trying.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,342
    A poster earlier today had an impressive run-down of the 10-C seating at MSG in 2008. Not sure it's accurate, but it said roughly 3500 fanclub tickets per night, which is close to the 20% discussed here.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • SkeeterBSkeeterB Posts: 423
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i think MSG is perhaps a different situation..
    the owners are hardnoses and have a plethora of lawyers in the forefront .
    ( this corporation owns not only the knicks/rangers but the building itself, radio city enterprises , as well as cablevision, the very first cable company )
    they always want thier share first upfront,
    i would guess they dictate if , what and how much tickets are alotted for such events- their businessmen first and fans second . Its billed as " The Worlds Most Famous Arena " so we know what their spin is going to be be from the get-go .
    Also - everyone in the fanclub wants to attend these shows- regardless of their geographic location , as we all saw in the presales yesterday .
    Would be interesting to know how many were allowed for these shows, just for shits and giggles.

Good point. The Dolans (especially James) are major assholes. Remember, these are the same people who kept Isiah Thomas on board even after they had to pony up $16 million in a sexual harassment suit due to his actions.
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
  • nippleholicnippleholic Posts: 1,084
    Ryan_WFC wrote:
    A poster earlier today had an impressive run-down of the 10-C seating at MSG in 2008. Not sure it's accurate, but it said roughly 3500 fanclub tickets per night, which is close to the 20% discussed here.
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=126177
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)
    2024: Vancouver (x2), Portland, Sacramento, Las Vegas (x2), Los Angeles (x2), Dublin, Manchester, London, Berlin (x2), Barcelona (x2)