a thread with an explanation would be nice

neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
edited March 2010 in The Porch
instead of all these negative threads..someone from the 10c should just explain what the problem is/was

we know they can't handle the overload but why?

whatever, see you cats there
i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i will post on their behalf:

Hello dedicated fan club members. We apologize for the difficulties associated with our fan club only presale for the upcoming tour. Although the high volume of demand for certain shows was expected - what was not anticipated was that each person vying for tickets would open up multiple browsers and in many cases submit multiple buys which is a conflict to the purchasing rules. This put an extraordinary load on our hardware resulting in many tickets being added and taken away from individual carts. Our note attached to the announcement clearly did not stop members from doing this despite warnings. We should have anticiapated this and our technical staff are looking at ways of addressing this issue in the future.

10C
  • A rationale person would think that an explanation or any kind of posting from 10c would help 1) reduce the negative threads and 2) reduce the number of emails or phone calls they are receiving. I think this many times when there are multiple threads with assumptions or guesses throughout the year - if 10c posted something then maybe it would help.. However, 10c is in a no win situation. It's like trying to explain to a hungry tiger that you're fresh out of meat. He's not going to just accept it and walk away. From the postings on the board the past 24 hours, I'm guessing no explanation is going to help. Whether people posting are doing it professionally or not, whether they have a valid claim or not in their posts.. doesn't matter. A posting from 10c isn't going to make the hungry tiger go away. Whatever the reason is that they might provide is not going to be enough for some and it will be enough for others.

My daughter is the same way - she wants to continue to discuss whether she should put on her pajamas, brush her teeth, use the restroom before a 4 hr drive... bottom line - she wants what she wants and feels unheard and unloved if she has to give in to what I'm asking.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    polaris_x wrote:
    i will post on their behalf:

Hello dedicated fan club members. We apologize for the difficulties associated with our fan club only presale for the upcoming tour. Although the high volume of demand for certain shows was expected - what was not anticipated was that each person vying for tickets would open up multiple browsers and in many cases submit multiple buys which is a conflict to the purchasing rules. This put an extraordinary load on our hardware resulting in many tickets being added and taken away from individual carts. Our note attached to the announcement clearly did not stop members from doing this despite warnings. We should have anticiapated this and our technical staff are looking at ways of addressing this issue in the future.

10C

thanx but it would still be nice for an official one

they could copy and paste your post if they want

its just not cool to come and lock threads and not be nice enough to speak on behalf of the club
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Motown322Motown322 Posts: 465
    thanx but it would still be nice for an official one

they could copy and paste your post if they want

its just not cool to come and lock threads and not be nice enough to speak on behalf of the club

I'm not sure what you'd want them to say... it's still not going to pacify 98% of the people here that are pissing and moaning. Being in the 10C DOES NOT guarantee anyone tickets; you just get access to a pre-sale (I don't think this can be stressed enough because there's a strong contingent of people here that simply don't get this). Everyone that's been in this club longer than 6 months knows that the pre-sales can get really stressful because of the extreme amount of people trying to get a small number of tickets.

Without a significant investment of money, it's virtually impossible to put together a backend that will be able to handle the extreme spikes in traffic and activity that goes on around here during the pre-sales. Most sites would just crash altogether (which, ironically, is what used to happen).

Whatever the 10C does regarding tickets and tours, people ALWAYS complain. "I want to be able to go to as many shows as I want!!!!!!" They listened and changed it up, and now people are pissed because of the out-of-towners at their shows. People didn't want to be bothered with sending in checks and money orders and wanted to buy all their shit online... they changed it up. People with low 10C numbers screamed and cried about how they were never going to have a chance to sit in the first 10 rows... guess what, motherfuckers??? Now we've got a lottery where 4 of the first 10 rows are completely fucking random draw, giving everyone an equal shot at being "down front".

They do quite a bit with what they have.