Behind the scenes at Ten Club IT center

Backspacer_BackerBackspacer_Backer Posts: 1,023
edited March 2010 in The Porch
So that the fan clubbers get a more up-close look at what goes on behind the scenes during the ticket presales, the 10c has asked me to share the following photographs of the current Ten Club Information Technology Center.

old_computer-pic.jpg

very_old_computer.jpg

old-computer.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• This is funny!

Seriously though, are there any IT folks around here? Can someone explain why there is such trouble? Is it that expensive to upgrade IT? I seriously don't know.
  • MOOKIE55MOOKIE55 Posts: 74
    That's AWESOME! Well done!
  • hilarious, and sadly so true...can't believe I wasted 5+ hrs to be shut out of both shows after several times getting the Buy button. First time I've been shafted out of 10c NY area tix in 10+ years. Can't wait to pay out the arse to a scalper to get decent tix!
  • :lol::lol: This is funny...
    Seriously they got to do something. It is 2010 now, come on...
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    Shit, that hardware may even be able to handle these sales, it is the software.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,446
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    Shit, that hardware may even be able to handle these sales, it is the software.

Just hope it's not using the operating system Window's Vista! :thumbdown:
  • That's a bad-ass steering wheel. I need one of those on my laptop
  • 420Rick420Rick Posts: 68
    This is a graphical representation that closely resembles the perspective from the 10 Club's server's point of view pertaining to the Boston and MSG presales.

90443380_6ea3f949b2.jpg
    11/7/16 Temple of the Dog, MSG, NYC
    8/7/16 Fenway Park II, Boston
    5/2/16 MSG II, NYC
    5/1/16 MSG I, NYC
    5/21/10 MSG II, NYC
    5/15/10 Hartford, CT
    8/02/08 Eddie Vedder - Boston, MA
    6/28/08 Mansfield, MA
    6/27/08 Hartford, CT
    5/13/06 Hartford, CT
    5/12/06 Albany, NY
    9/13/98 Hartford, CT
    10/2/96 Hartford, CT
    4/6/94 Springfield, MA
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    now thats funny
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    I pray five times everyday facing Seattle. You would think that would have helped?
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    Looks like the line for a poster a few years back..
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • 420Rick420Rick Posts: 68
    Or the line of people waiting for their 10 Club tickets to get in to the show on 6/27/08 at the Dodge Music Center in Hartford 30 minutes after the show started.
    I felt bad for those people.

I was in on time though... :-)

Less partying in the parking lot! Get in the 10C line, get your tickets, then party!!
    11/7/16 Temple of the Dog, MSG, NYC
    8/7/16 Fenway Park II, Boston
    5/2/16 MSG II, NYC
    5/1/16 MSG I, NYC
    5/21/10 MSG II, NYC
    5/15/10 Hartford, CT
    8/02/08 Eddie Vedder - Boston, MA
    6/28/08 Mansfield, MA
    6/27/08 Hartford, CT
    5/13/06 Hartford, CT
    5/12/06 Albany, NY
    9/13/98 Hartford, CT
    10/2/96 Hartford, CT
    4/6/94 Springfield, MA
  • tbhooptietbhooptie Posts: 137
    This is funny!

Seriously though, are there any IT folks around here? Can someone explain why there is such trouble? Is it that expensive to upgrade IT? I seriously don't know.

I have been in the IT field for years... think of it this way... the "pipe" that all the info flows through is only so big... lets say, for sake of argument, the size of a hose... Only a certain amt of water will flow through that hose. The excess water doesnt go through... to double your bandwidth can easily cost in the tens of thousands of dollars. Now look at it from a business perspective... 99% of the time they have no issues b/c there are not thousands of people fighting over tickets... their normal load is more than likely (at any given moment) under a few hundred. Spending that much money for that 1% of time is a HUGE investment.

Now I am not defending them nor jumping on their backs... I see WHY it failed for so many.... but at the same time, I think they need to find a better more efficient way of doing this, if they want to provide the service of distributing the 10c tickets to their most loyal fans...

Make any sense???

Luckily I am attending Indy... we dealt with the same bottleneck, but everyone got their tickets after about 15 - 20 minutes of retrying...
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    mouse_stone_7.jpg
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.