After hours and hours of trying MSG, nothing

scramblurscramblur Posts: 1
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Just putting this post up so 10c is informed...

Starting at the point that MSG 1 went on sale, for over 5 hours (I really lost track at a certain point) until MSG 2 sold out, tried getting tickets. I didn't get tickets to either show.

If buying tickets to a Pearl Jam show means sitting behind a PC for hours on end... I really hope 10c finds a better way. I can't believe I'm not going :-(
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    scramblur wrote:

Starting at the point that MSG 1 went on sale, for over 5 hours (I really lost track at a certain point) until MSG 2 sold out, tried getting tickets. I didn't get tickets to either show.

If buying tickets to a Pearl Jam show means sitting behind a PC for hours on end... I really hope 10c finds a better way. I can't believe I'm not going :-(

Sorry you missed out ! :(
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    You can still try ticketmaster. I know its not the same, but at least you will be in the venue and, who knows, you might get great seats through them. Keep the faith!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    scramblur wrote:

me too- I feel it and I'm sorrythhug.jpg
    lots of sadness here today
  • CB181922CB181922 Posts: 2
    ME TOO! For the first dozen or so tries I couldn't even access the Goods page, then I got there and couldn't access the tickets page, go there and then couldn't access the NY show tickets, got there finally, hit "Buy" and it just never purchased the tickets for me. 10C gotta get some better servers.

Also, I've been a member for many years. Why should I get locked out while, presumedly, someone who just joined 10C for tickets this year gets the seats? How about some seniority system not just for seating but for tix? Not fair. Very frustrating.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    jervin007 wrote:
    You can still try ticketmaster. I know its not the same, but at least you will be in the venue and, who knows, you might get great seats through them. Keep the faith!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    "As I rained blows upon him, I realized there had to be another way!"
  • Ms. GMs. G Posts: 16
    I really want to know what my membership fee goes to YEAR AFTER YEAR?!? Certainly not a better server! I can deal with not getting tickets because there are only so many. What frustrates me beyond belief is that I had the "Buy" button numerous times and yet every time I clicked, I got timed out. And then, like many other individuals, couldn't get back to any of the proper pages.

I think there should be more 10C tickets anyway! What do they stand to lose? You know we'll buy them up - especially at these big city venues!
  • me too :( every year for msg the same thing - i go to the page 10 minutes before and when it refreshes to put the tickets up (15 minutes after they're SUPPOSED to go on sale), it times out. and temporarily out of stock, then more refreshing for half hour. its frustrating especially since i never had a problem getting for 'smaller' markets. supply and demand i guess. i much prefered when you could mail in your request. i know the system actually works for some people so if you got tix have fun!!!! im off to fight the ticketmonster.
  • sagapo1sagapo1 Posts: 186
    This way of "trying" to get tickets is a colossal mess.
    I sat in front of the computer for hours as well. With no luck.
    Something has to change.
    I loved it in the past when we mailed our index cards and waited.
    Technology seems to be fucking everyone over.
    "Cynics are simply disappointed idealists" - George Carlin
    Everybody winds up kissing the wrong person goodnight. - Andy Warhol