What Ten Club is all about

milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
edited March 2010 in The Porch
And by the way- it's not all about getting guaranteed tickets.
This club is a really cool community, yet most of the people who are bitching and moaning because they didn't get what they wanted today are now sounding off- and most of them haven't never even posted here before.
I'm really sorry things didn't work out the way you wanted to, but if you only joined here for the sole purpose of getting presale tickets, you might have missed the point of being part of the club.
"The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    milarso wrote:
    This club is a really cool community, yet most of the people who are bitching and moaning because they didn't get what they wanted today are now sounding off- and most of them haven't never even posted here before.
    I'm really sorry things didn't work out the way you wanted to, but if you only joined here for the sole purpose of getting presale tickets, you might have missed the point of being part of the club.

great post, Milarso!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    for those of u that did not get tickets . i have Eddie sings the blues on vinyl lol :lol::lol::lol:

U can listen to that while u drink your wine and eat your cheese .
  • milarso wrote:

THANK YOU. Unfortunately, this post will get very few responses around here because it shows a positive nature, and that gets your nowhere among these brats.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • GC31608GC31608 Posts: 229
    milarso wrote:

THANK YOU. Unfortunately, this post will get very few responses around here because it shows a positive nature, and that gets your nowhere among these brats.

Here here, I concur. I've missed out on 10C tix plenty of times but s*it happens. Don't think it's right to blast the 10C staff or the poor servers.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412

sad, but true.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • chloe10chloe10 Posts: 46
    milarso wrote:

some of us lost our old message pit usernames. unfair to judge a fellow tc member based solely on their number of posts. I do agree that those who join tc only for ticket presales are missing out, there is more to tc than tickets.
    4/17/1994 Paramount Theatre NYC, 9/28/1996 Randall's Island NYC, 6/14/1998 Tibetan Freedom Concert Washington DC, 8/23/2000 Jones Beach NY, 4/29/2003 Albany NY, 7/9/2003 MSG, 5/12/2006 Albany NY, 6/1/2006 Continental Airlines Arena NJ, 6/3/2006 Continental Airlines Arena NJ, 6/24/2008 MSG, 6/25/2008 MSG, 10/30/2009 Philadelphia PA, 10/31/2009 Philadelphia PA, 5/18/2010 Newark NJ, 5/20/2010 MSG, 5/21/2010 MSG
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    DM104323 wrote:
    milarso wrote:

some of us lost our old message pit usernames. unfair to judge a fellow tc member based solely on their number of posts. I do agree with those who join tc only for the presale, there is more to tc than tickets.

All I said were there are a lot of people who have never posted here before. It's not like the pit moved yesterday.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Abide.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • glad to see something positive around here. I think the 10C does an amazing job and I'm happy to be a member. People over react to stuff. Its nice you get a chance at tix before having to fight it out with brokers and general public. That being said even if you miss out on that chance I've gotten tickets outside of the 10C to 4 of the 8 shows I've seen. Keep up the great work 10C
  • Man...now Im really missing my original post #...had to bring back bad memories huh?
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
    milarso wrote:
    DM104323 wrote:
    milarso wrote:

some of us lost our old message pit usernames. unfair to judge a fellow tc member based solely on their number of posts. I do agree with those who join tc only for the presale, there is more to tc than tickets.

All I said were there are a lot of people who have never posted here before. It's not like the pit moved yesterday.

no the pit did not move yesterday. But the context of your post is biased towards those of us who don't have 1000 posts...even though we may have been members just as long or longer than you.
    4/17/1994 Paramount Theatre NYC, 9/28/1996 Randall's Island NYC, 6/14/1998 Tibetan Freedom Concert Washington DC, 8/23/2000 Jones Beach NY, 4/29/2003 Albany NY, 7/9/2003 MSG, 5/12/2006 Albany NY, 6/1/2006 Continental Airlines Arena NJ, 6/3/2006 Continental Airlines Arena NJ, 6/24/2008 MSG, 6/25/2008 MSG, 10/30/2009 Philadelphia PA, 10/31/2009 Philadelphia PA, 5/18/2010 Newark NJ, 5/20/2010 MSG, 5/21/2010 MSG
    DM104323 wrote:
    no the pit did not move yesterday. But the context of your post is biased towards those of us who don't have 1000 posts...even though we may have been members just as long or longer than you.
    No. Not really.
    If my post was biased, it was biased to the people who want to be part of the club to get tickets, but don't really want to be part of the community.
    I see, so venting your frustrations to others who have just had the same experience is not trying to be apart of ghe community? So I guess the mods should delete all the posts!
    DM104323 wrote:
    I see, so venting your frustrations to others who have just had the same experience is not trying to be apart of ghe community? So I guess the mods should delete all the posts!
    Perhaps.
    But if you've been a member for years, the only thing you have to add is your "venting" or, as it's better known as, bitching that your $20 a year doesn't get you exactly what you want, I see that as kind of a problem.
    This happens every time there is a presale- people who don't ever post here decide that because they didn't get tickets, they are going to take it out on the Ten Club.
    It's frustrating, but I guess I really shouldn't worry about it too much.
    Most of the people doing the bitching will be gone tomorrow. At least until the next presale...
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    milarso wrote:

No, it's not about getting guaranteed tickets but everyone joins so they have a chance to get good seats. That's a fact.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • igotpjigotpj Posts: 187
    It is what it is. They promise you everything you get. You will get news and updates. A Christmas single will arrive to your home the following spring. And last but not least you get the chance to get fan club tickets for shows. If you think getting tickets to MSG is a piece of cake you are fooling yourself. Nothing in the northeast is easy to get. It is Pearl Jam. They sell a shitload of tickets up there. NYC and Boston are an absolute pain in the ass to get, but it is possible and they give everyone the same chance to get them...no matter what their fanclub number is. It is not a perfect system by any means but it is the system that is in place. You just have to deal with it. Everyone wants to go to those shows. It sucks. We all know !!!

BTW, I did not get shit in the northeast, but Kansas City still has tickets. ;)
    Charlotte(10-4-96)
    Raleigh(8-31-98)
    Greensboro(8-6-00)
    Raleigh(4-15-03), Las Vegas(6-6-03)
    Boston(9-28-04),Toledo(10-2-04),Asheville(10-6-04)
    Pittsburgh(6-24-06)
    Columbia (6-16-08)
    Austin (10-4-09), Philadelphia (10-28-09, 10-30-09, 10-31-09)
  • DM104323 wrote:

yes this community consists of happy ppl who got tix or couldn't go to begin with

he's a liar****stone him*****
  • yeah! people should just be quiet and not say anything! thats how shit gets done! smiles everyone! dont let them see you cry!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    mfc2006 wrote:
    milarso wrote:

great post, Milarso!!
    +1
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • MattCam420MattCam420 Posts: 183
    [/quote]

no the pit did not move yesterday. But the context of your post is biased towards those of us who don't have 1000 posts...even though we may have been members just as long or longer than you.[/quote]

Why did they reset all of the posts? Last time I was around posting, I had like 1,500 or something. Just curious.
    "Music is the last true voice of the human spirit. It can go beyond language, beyond age, and beyond color straight to the mind and heart of all people." - Ben Harper
  • MattCam420MattCam420 Posts: 183
    Sorry for the double post and being somewhat off topic but what is with the forum? My join date is even later than it was on the original "Message Pit". I was getting tickets today and thought I'd browse the Porch since it had been ages. Glad to see nothing has changed as far as the complaining.... ;)
    "Music is the last true voice of the human spirit. It can go beyond language, beyond age, and beyond color straight to the mind and heart of all people." - Ben Harper
  • some poeple are bullies in 10c
  • The funny thing is all the people who are being "POSITIVE' around here are the ones who scored tickets!!
    It is impossible to be positive when you wasted 6 hrs!! ENOUGH SAID!! :evil: