Pearl Jam Membership

skindevilskindevil Posts: 11
edited March 2010 in The Porch
"Our promise to do our darndest to get you the absolute BEST tickets in the house to Pearl Jam shows around the world."

This is a bold face lie. Basically you have a chance, a very small chance, of getting tickets to any shows because of your ticket buying system. I understand not getting tickets to every show I want to attend. I don't understand your ticket buying system at all. After losing connection to your server countless times, there was an occasional buy button that led to another disconnection. Then the process would repeat for 2-3 hours with the "temporary out of stock" message thrown in for good measure. With the time change, the 3-4 hours trying to get tickets to MSG, and the earth spinning off its axis TIME IS RUNNING OUT! I don't have 3-4 hours to waste, no one on this planet does. Can you just have a lottery like you did for Ed's solo tour? I don't think you're trying your darndest. In fact, I think you are mocking Ten Club members by using the term darndest.

The band's hypocrisy to play Jiffy Lube Live in Bristow is another problem I'm having with Pearl Jam these days. Listen to the bootleg from '03 when Ed openly criticized the venue and received some boos from fans. The only way to get to this show is by car, no buses and no metro. I don't want to see another word from Pearl Jam about being "green." It's becoming quite clear the only green you're worried about is the color of money.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    Just what I wanted to hear!!! More complaining!! Yay!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • hendewhendew Posts: 3
    tissue?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,577
    YOU SIR, ARE A DISGRACE :twisted:

when will the whining end? this is unbelievable...
    www.myspace.com
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    what u crying about theirs tickets left . u might just have to leave that dumb city is all :lol::lol:
  • glenn-beck-goes-crazy-in-radio-show-pin-head-funny-comedy.jpg

I had no idea he was a fan! :roll:
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,577
    glenn-beck-goes-crazy-in-radio-show-pin-head-funny-comedy.jpg

yo buddy! its evil merlin!

where have you been?
    www.myspace.com
  • crashing88crashing88 Posts: 239
    skindevil wrote:
    "Our promise to do our darndest to get you the absolute BEST tickets in the house to Pearl Jam shows around the world."

This is a bold face lie. Basically you have a chance, a very small chance, of getting tickets to any shows because of your ticket buying system. I understand not getting tickets to every show I want to attend. I don't understand your ticket buying system at all. After losing connection to your server countless times, there was an occasional buy button that led to another disconnection. Then the process would repeat for 2-3 hours with the "temporary out of stock" message thrown in for good measure. With the time change, the 3-4 hours trying to get tickets to MSG, and the earth spinning off its axis TIME IS RUNNING OUT! I don't have 3-4 hours to waste, no one on this planet does. Can you just have a lottery like you did for Ed's solo tour? I don't think you're trying your darndest. In fact, I think you are mocking Ten Club members by using the term darndest.

The band's hypocrisy to play Jiffy Lube Live in Bristow is another problem I'm having with Pearl Jam these days. Listen to the bootleg from '03 when Ed openly criticized the venue and received some boos from fans. The only way to get to this show is by car, no buses and no metro. I don't want to see another word from Pearl Jam about being "green." It's becoming quite clear the only green you're worried about is the color of money.

I agree. And to say the server didn't crash is also a lie.
  • glenn-beck-goes-crazy-in-radio-show-pin-head-funny-comedy.jpg

yo buddy! its evil merlin!

where have you been?

Hey hey sir Jeags!

Just been busy, on my leisure schedule. :lol:

How be you?
  • skindevil wrote:

shut up.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,844
    skindevil wrote:

This is a bold face lie. Basically you have a chance, a very small chance, of getting tickets to any shows because of your ticket buying system.

They have not lied at all. You are wrong. They cannot get all of the tickets to MSG for fan club. They do try their darndest to get as many tickets as they can for the fan club. So say they can get 1,500 pairs of tickets. If there are 2,000 fans trying to get these tickets, then 500 are going to be shut out, whether they find out 5 minutes after the tickets go on sale or 6 hours after hitting the "buy" button a million times.

Your beef is not with the TC's statement, but with the process of getting tickets for one venue in the U.S.
  • skindevil wrote:
    I don't want to see another word from Pearl Jam about being "green." It's becoming quite clear the only green you're worried about is the color of money.

NO SHIT SHERLOCK! Its their job, I know when I go to my job I want to make money, you dont?
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • PearlybakerPearlybaker Posts: 217
    hendew wrote:
    tissue?
    How is it possible to be on a board for 8 years and have two posts? :lol:
    "Hey, listen asshole, one more fucker throws a fuckin' quarter up here and we're outta here, I'm tellin' ya, FUCKER! What the fuck, you're blowin' it for fuckin' everybody. Hit me with a fuckin' quarter again and, fuck it, I'm outta here. We're all outta here. Fuck you, and if anyone sees someone throw fuckin' change right next to them, you have my permission to beat the fuckin' holy shit outta them."
  • PorchRatsPorchRats Posts: 164
    hendew wrote:
    tissue?
    How is it possible to be on a board for 8 years and have two posts? :lol:

At some point they reset post counts I think. I was here since 2003 in the old message pit. I used to come on here often enough back in the day. But now the real world leaves little time for PJ chatrooms sadly. TC ticket sales bring me back now though!
    2000: Saratoga
    2003: Albany, Hartford, Camden 1+2,
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston 2,
    2008: Mansfield,
    2010 MSG 1+2,
    2011: Alpine Valley 1+2
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn 1+2, Philly 1+2, Hartford
  • I think some of you need to stop your whining and realise how lucky you are to live in a country where PJ play a fair bit.

You also need to be grateful that PJ are still touring and don't just pull the plug and their so called fans!
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star
    In somebody else's sky, but why, why, why
    Can't it be, can't it be mine
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    I think some of you need to stop your whining and realise how lucky you are to live in a country where PJ play a fair bit.

You also need to be grateful that PJ are still touring and don't just pull the plug and their so called fans!
    this!!!!i wish they come to my country more,,just one in 19 year..but who cares????i travel...10 shows this year in 10 different countries,and not in my country...
    PASSIONS,MISTAKES AND THE BILLS U HAVE TO PAY...IM OK WITH THAT...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I think some of you need to stop your whining and realise how lucky you are to live in a country where PJ play a fair bit.

Abso-fucking-lutely.

Basically the OP braved the MSG ticket sales and failed... and now they're throwing their dummy out of their pram and having a huff. Grow up.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    last time i checked the goods store, there are 3 shows sold out, but still 4 with tickets available :roll:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    last time i checked the goods store, there are 3 shows sold out, but still 4 with tickets available :roll:
    they all wonna take fotos in time square,no one in Kansas :roll: :roll:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”