Looking Forward to the Christmas Single

PearlybakerPearlybaker Posts: 217
edited March 2010 in The Porch
The only thing better than wasting multiple hours in the Spring F5ing in front of a computer is sitting down in September listening to Christmas albums on my non-existent turntable while I flip through a book of Mike's cell phone photos.
"Hey, listen asshole, one more fucker throws a fuckin' quarter up here and we're outta here, I'm tellin' ya, FUCKER! What the fuck, you're blowin' it for fuckin' everybody. Hit me with a fuckin' quarter again and, fuck it, I'm outta here. We're all outta here. Fuck you, and if anyone sees someone throw fuckin' change right next to them, you have my permission to beat the fuckin' holy shit outta them."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    Then quit the tenclub. See ya.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    The only thing better than wasting multiple hours in the Spring F5ing in front of a computer is sitting down in September listening to Christmas albums on my non-existent turntable while I flip through a book of Mike's cell phone photos.

Take your $20 and go buy yourself a years worth of Wah-burgers and french cries.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,577
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!

good lord...these people are coming out of the wood works today
    www.myspace.com
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!

good lord...these people are coming out of the wood works today

yup. it's ridiculous. when i signed up for the ten club way back when, i was unaware that it came with a massive sense of entitlement!! these complaints are unreal!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    milarso wrote:
    Take your $20 and go buy yourself a years worth of Wah-burgers and french cries.

Yeah, and maybe have a glass of wine! Oh, wait. . . .
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • milarso wrote:

lol....awesome.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • PearlybakerPearlybaker Posts: 217
    I had the same sense of entitlement - I thought I'd experience:

1. A reasonable respect for my time and a merchandising system that could support more than a school bake sale.

2. Options to listen to my music that didn't require my kids to say "what is that thing?"

3. Tour announcements that felt like Christmas morning rather than Hanukkah and with enough notice that you could actually allow for some travel planning.

4. Newsletters that actually provided some insight into the band and their work rather than blurry pictures of Ed.

In return for this experience - I would have no trouble traveling across the country to see them perform and contribute to their and the many people supported by the band living.

Sorry but they run a piss poor business (and it is a business as they aren't doing this because you say such nice things about them).
    "Hey, listen asshole, one more fucker throws a fuckin' quarter up here and we're outta here, I'm tellin' ya, FUCKER! What the fuck, you're blowin' it for fuckin' everybody. Hit me with a fuckin' quarter again and, fuck it, I'm outta here. We're all outta here. Fuck you, and if anyone sees someone throw fuckin' change right next to them, you have my permission to beat the fuckin' holy shit outta them."
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    I had the same sense of entitlement - I thought I'd experience:

1. A reasonable respect for my time and a merchandising system that could support more than a school bake sale.

2. Options to listen to my music that didn't require my kids to say "what is that thing?"

3. Tour announcements that felt like Christmas morning rather than Hanukkah and with enough notice that you could actually allow for some travel planning.

4. Newsletters that actually provided some insight into the band and their work rather than blurry pictures of Ed.

In return for this experience - I would have no trouble traveling across the country to see them perform and contribute to their and the many people supported by the band living.

Sorry but they run a piss poor business (and it is a business as they aren't doing this because you say such nice things about them).

Then walk away.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,532
    not going to really try and stir the pot, but I think people are allowed a bit of dissention, how else would the 10c get any better?

they don't charge much and operate on a low budget, but theres always room to improve. Its not like they have competition, so the user is facing a monopoloy

PJ themselves promoted dissention when they didn't like how Bush ran the country, freedom of speech is a pretty key aspect of the bill of rights? Like it or leave it kinda sounds like a lot of republicans a few years back? :)
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    I'm looking forward to the Christmas/Annual Single TOO!...and also the "DEEP" magazine which HASN'T arrived Yet!... :roll:
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    i_lov_it wrote:
    I'm looking forward to the Christmas/Annual Single TOO!...and also the "DEEP" magazine which HASN'T arrived Yet!... :roll:
    I'm sure it's just lossed in the mail. It should come any time.. just dont hold your breath, I tried that before with unsatisfactory results;)
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • ha those pictures do suck but i dont expect much from a newsletter in the internet age anyway.

im letting my tenclub subscription lapse, but not out of some sense of outrage. i just dont need it. i dont care about the vinyl or the newsletter (that i havent recieved and doubt i will). Ticketmaster has never let me down on tickets, at least on the rare chance they play within a thousand miles of me, so i dont see the point.

dont get your hopes up, though, kiddies! i've been a fan since Vs but i didnt break down and get a membership until last year, so you wont be jumping up any seats :)
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    i like mikey's cell phone piccies... 'specially the one of him taking a picture of stone taking a picture of himself. :D
  • CosmoCramerCosmoCramer Posts: 571
    i_lov_it wrote:

I recieved my DEEP magazine about 3 weeks ago.
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    EV Bourbon and Beyond 2017
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • PearlybakerPearlybaker Posts: 217
    Zod wrote:
    not going to really try and stir the pot, but I think people are allowed a bit of dissention, how else would the 10c get any better?

they don't charge much and operate on a low budget, but theres always room to improve. Its not like they have competition, so the user is facing a monopoloy

PJ themselves promoted dissention when they didn't like how Bush ran the country, freedom of speech is a pretty key aspect of the bill of rights? Like it or leave it kinda sounds like a lot of republicans a few years back? :)

Finally a rational response.

If this is indeed a community, as many of you are quick to point out, we should be able to voice our dissappointment with the way things are going in the hopes they get better. Ten club "management" should be concerned that this many customers are upset with how things are conducted. Whether they feel the concerns are within their control or valid doesn't matter - they have a responsibility to address them - not just dismiss them because the real fans will keep paying $20 bucks each year and give us a pass that we're doing the best we can.

Getting up this morning and saying "oh well it's supply and demand and there's nothing we can do to change it" is really shitty to the people who pay their salaries and fund the fan club. I would hope that they acknowledge the poor experience from yesterday and promise to do something to correct it in the future.

Has the 10 club ever conducted a survey of it's members?