Possible Solution To The Ticket Problem....

ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Not sure if this would work, but it sure as hell would be easier than sitting at the computer and F5'ing for 6 hours. Why don't they just set up a form for each show, where members who would like to buy tickets provide their information, that info is then easily placed into a database and then they can just do some stupid lotto deal. They could just draw out enough people randomly to fulfill their allotment of tickets. If your number comes up, you're able to buy tickets. If it doesn't, then you don't, but at least you didn't sit there for 6 fucking hours wondering. I know it's still a stupid solution, but it has to be better than what's in place now, and you're probably still just as likely to get tickets.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NJChrisNJChris Posts: 47
    Good point.......I know the Red Sox do this for Green Monster seats.....you buy membership to the "club".....and then you get a guarantee to get 2 seats to a game in the Green Monster seats. But I've done that and you get into their virtual waiting room and its the same thing.........long waits......but at least you get tickets.
    Its the same every day and the wave won't break
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,243
    Ohhhhhhh....

You mean like they USED TO DO?
  • well, i've been poking fun at the complainers, but honestly......the 10c owes it to the fans, at the very least, to have the IT capability to handle the surge of traffic on the website. otherwise, outsource it to a third party. not fair to make people sit and burn hour after hour only to get nothing.
  • Shawshank wrote:
    Not sure if this would work, but it sure as hell would be easier than sitting at the computer and F5'ing for 6 hours. Why don't they just set up a form for each show, where members who would like to buy tickets provide their information, that info is then easily placed into a database and then they can just do some stupid lotto deal. They could just draw out enough people randomly to fulfill their allotment of tickets. If your number comes up, you're able to buy tickets. If it doesn't, then you don't, but at least you didn't sit there for 6 fucking hours wondering. I know it's still a stupid solution, but it has to be better than what's in place now, and you're probably still just as likely to get tickets.
    it sounds so simple yet its never done. i have no idea why.
  • tubes10stubes10s Posts: 529
    MrSmith wrote:
    Shawshank wrote:

isn't this how the Ed solo shows were sold? people still griped and complained just as much.
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    10-29-13 - Charlottesville
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • tubes10s wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:
    Shawshank wrote:

isn't this how the Ed solo shows were sold? people still griped and complained just as much.
    no they didnt. just a little
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,243
    edited March 2010
    I honestly have no problem not getting tickets. Really, I don't.

I don't think I am entitled because of my membership dues, etc.

I understand that where I live (Saratoga - equidistant between NY and Boston) that demand will always be greater than supply.

I get it. I truly do.

But...there is no reason I should have to spend 4 hours straight at my computer after a long days work without knowing.

I can deal with an hour...but just have a server that will allow all of the tickets to be gone within an hour at most. Is that too much to ask???

Its like kicking me in the nuts right after you spit in my face (metaphorically speaking of course :) )
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    why not just do what they did in 2006 and 2008?

you submitted orders electronically and never had the "grid-lock" you had today?

I'll state it again, why provide seniority priviledges if its the "first pig to the trough" (no offense intended) system?
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • the people who are complaining arent idiots, obviously everyone knows getting tickets for a NY show should be difficult. but refreshing for hours is just a fucking stupid system and people have a right to complain about it. just change it to a lottery.
  • scoob1057scoob1057 Posts: 94
    I remember sending the postcard in and getting 2 tickets to 1 show in '98. I had second row Great seats, since then my seats were very good. This is the first time I got lucky enough to get the tickets that I wanted MSG2. I was always on the other side of the fence looking in,

I will take my bro but wil miss my friends
  • wnh1977wnh1977 Posts: 618
    Shawshank wrote:

I just posted a very similar solution in another thread. I agree with you. It's not a stupid solution.
    1998: 6/26, 6/27, 6/29
    2000: 8/15, 8/18, 10/9, 10/11, 10/12
    2003: 6/18, 6/21, 6/22
    2005: 9/9, 9/28
    2006: 5/16, 5/17, 6/26, 6/27
    2007: 8/5
    2009: 8/23, 8/24
    2010: 5/3, 5/4, 5/21
    2011: 9/3, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12
    2013: 7/19, 11/16
    2014: 10/3, 10/9, 10/12, 10/17
    2016: 4/16, 8/20, 8/22
    2018: 8/18, 8/20, 9/2
    2022: 9/18
    2023: 8/31, 9/2, 9/5
    2024: 5/18, 6/29
  • wnh1977wnh1977 Posts: 618
    tubes10s wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:
    Shawshank wrote:

People might have griped about not getting tickets, but I think it was 100% fair. Also, I don't know if they complained quite this much!! With the Ed solo shows, at least you didn't commit a whole lot of time. Today, people could've very well wasted the whole damn day and still come away empty-handed. With the Ed shows, yes you were disappointed if you didn't get them. But for people who failed today, you were basically a robot for hours refreshing and wasting a lot of the day!
    1998: 6/26, 6/27, 6/29
    2000: 8/15, 8/18, 10/9, 10/11, 10/12
    2003: 6/18, 6/21, 6/22
    2005: 9/9, 9/28
    2006: 5/16, 5/17, 6/26, 6/27
    2007: 8/5
    2009: 8/23, 8/24
    2010: 5/3, 5/4, 5/21
    2011: 9/3, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12
    2013: 7/19, 11/16
    2014: 10/3, 10/9, 10/12, 10/17
    2016: 4/16, 8/20, 8/22