An easy solution to this website/ticket/server problem...

Spot In The SkySpot In The Sky Posts: 1,175
edited March 2010 in The Porch
This wont FIX it, but it sure would help...

They can eliminate one of the pages you need to go to, instead of having to buy and then a page to add it to the cart, why doesnt it automatically add it to the cart, thus skipping a page that everyone needs to wait for to load, which would cut down the server usage significantly. They could even get fancy and do what amazon does and have a button to add it to the cart and check out. That would cut out two pages that people need to wait for to load. Even better, they can put the tickets on the main page of the goods section so youre not even waiting for the tickets page to load.

Hmm...just cut out four pages that users need to go to....that would easily hasten the process and get people in and out so other people can get in and out. Do it do it...Johnny Red Neat.
"The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• good idea.
  • Or they could simply restrict the zip codes for certain shows for a 24-hour period. For example, only people in the six New England states could buy the Boston show for the first 24 hours. Then after that, any 10 Club member could get them. Same for NY (NY/NJ) or other places. Just limit to a few states.

Today was a mess and people are upset. Then, you have people that did get tickets mocking them. I think there's more questions than answers here. How many tickets are available: 25% - 50% - 10%? Did some people simply get lucky in getting in? Is there any hierarchy?

I tried to get Boston and was bummed I didn't get them. I think I'd understand more if I knew exactly how the numbers behind it worked...and saw some sort of statement from the people responsible to at least give the illusion they care.

Just my .02 on a day when everyone has chipped in opinions.
    6/28/08: Xfinity Center @ Mansfield
    5/17/10: TD Garden @ Boston
    10/15/13: DCU Center @ Worcester
    10/16/13: DCU Center @ Worcester
    10/25/13: XL Center @ Hartford
    8/5/16: Fenway Park
    8/7/16: Fenway Park
    9/2/18: Fenway Park
    9/4/18: Fenway Park
    9/15/24: Fenway Park
    9/17/24: Fenway Park
  • well, regardless, this is the way they want to do things, so we should just shut up and not say anything...
  • MrSmith wrote:
    well, regardless, this is the way they want to do things, so we should just shut up and not say anything...

Man Id hate to see what a business you run looks like if youre not willing to take suggestions to improve customer satisfaction. Youre an idiot.

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Or they could simply restrict the zip codes for certain shows for a 24-hour period. For example, only people in the six New England states could buy the Boston show for the first 24 hours. Then after that, any 10 Club member could get them. Same for NY (NY/NJ) or other places. Just limit to a few states.

Today was a mess and people are upset. Then, you have people that did get tickets mocking them. I think there's more questions than answers here. How many tickets are available: 25% - 50% - 10%? Did some people simply get lucky in getting in? Is there any hierarchy?

I tried to get Boston and was bummed I didn't get them. I think I'd understand more if I knew exactly how the numbers behind it worked...and saw some sort of statement from the people responsible to at least give the illusion they care.

Just my .02 on a day when everyone has chipped in opinions.

Fine, but then they need to do a real tour instead of 10 date northeast jaunts.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    or they could rent out some of Amazon's server and have us purchase tickets through them
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    They do tell us to have all our info up to date. So, why have 3 steps for checkout? If our info is current, than there should be 1 step. The credit card info page and that's it. After hitting continue after every page it timed out. No need for that.
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • It is a REALLY easy fix for them without changing the entire system as some other people are proposing, even though those are good ideas, this is a simple HTML code change and viola- happy people.

• MrSmith wrote:
    well, regardless, this is the way they want to do things, so we should just shut up and not say anything...

Man Id hate to see what a business you run looks like if youre not willing to take suggestions to improve customer satisfaction. Youre an idiot.
    i was kidding. but you're right.
  • MrSmith wrote:

you're post is easily the funniest one today. And we've had some doozies. :lol:
  • So Santos, what do ya say??