I FIGUED IT OUT !!!!!! and got msg 2 tixs at 7:44

joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
edited March 2010 in The Porch
the system if all effed up....my friend figured it out

When you see the buy buttom click it a million times ...then click on the CHECK OUT button and there it is .....then after ou enter you CC info ...hit submit a MILLION TIMES
have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I'd squirt if I even saw a BUY button ;/
    A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer.
  • Was there, got to the point of entering my cc info and then once I hit submit the page couldnt be displayed. Tickets ultimately got bounced out of my cart. Brutal. I thought last July was difficult. This was worse, there has to be a new system for this./
    Hersheypark Stadium - Jul 12, 2003
    Corel Centre - Sep 16, 2005
    Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008
    Verizon Center - Jun 22, 2008
    Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 30, 2009
    Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    that bad part is ... i had the buy button like 15 times on the first show ...was watiing for the next page to load up .....DONT WAIT FOR THE PAGE ONCE YOU CLICK BUY HIT CHECK OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I'd squirt if I even saw a BUY button ;/
    lol
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,763
    While this isn't the technique I used. It does sound exciting!

I literally just got my tickets at 7:48 PM - thats right one hr. and 48 mins after they went on sale.
    I had to conjole them from my cart into the checkout line and through the way too many steps until finally the submit button. Through many many crashes!!!
    Any other mere mortal would have given up - but I persisted - and now waaa laaa. I'm in!
  • pj.uw.laurapj.uw.laura Posts: 553
    joe2468 wrote:

When you see the buy buttom click it a million times ...then click on the CHECK OUT button and there it is .....then after ou enter you CC info ...hit submit a MILLION TIMES

Is it possible that every time you hit the submit button that a pending charge is taken out? I'd hate for people to get overcharge fees!

But good tip- I can't imagine there's any harm in hitting the buy button a whole bunch.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    I'd squirt if I even saw a BUY button ;/

that's well said
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    joe2468 wrote:

Is it possible that every time you hit the submit button that a pending charge is taken out? I'd hate for people to get overcharge fees!

But good tip- I can't imagine there's any harm in hitting the buy button a whole bunch.

not true they only sell you one ....so they cant charge you more then once
    the system is flawed...end of story ......
  • I don't think so, I called my bank to confirm after I hit submit a bunch of times for MSG 1. I was only charged once. Haven't gotten that far with this show.
    joe2468 wrote:

• Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    You friend is a genius. Checkout shortcut is definately the key! Hope to see you dudes in New York! :D
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • Laura in NJLaura in NJ Posts: 176
    I'd squirt if I even saw a BUY button ;/

I'd give my left nut to see a "BUY" button...oh, wait...I'm a chick.

Two hours, three minutes and counting...
    Laura in NJ
    4-17-1994 Paramount Theater, NYC
    6-20-1995 Red Rocks (Sponsored By No One tour)
    6-23-1998 Fiddler’s Green, CO
    7-09-2003 MSG NYC
    9-28-2004 Fleet Center, Boston (Vote For Change warmup)
    6-01-2006 & 6-03-2006 E. Rutherford, NJ
    6-25-2008 MSG NYC * 7-07-2008 EV NJPAC
  • pj.uw.laurapj.uw.laura Posts: 553
    joe2468 wrote:

Cool. Just asking. There was someone who posted in a different thread that her bank charged her 18 times today, and she had to call them in the middle of the ticket sale because they suspended her card.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=125798&p=2847848&hilit=bank#p2847848
    joe2468 wrote:

Cool. Just asking. There was someone who posted in a different thread that her bank charged her 18 times today, and she had to call them in the middle of the ticket sale because they suspended her card.

WOW really ........(as i go check my account to make sure)
    Aero83_ wrote:
    You friend is a genius. Checkout shortcut is definately the key! Hope to see you dudes in New York! :D

did it work?????
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    :lol:

One thing I noticed...once the tix are in your cart, your url will change from somethign like:

https___secure.pearljam.com/store/product.spring?sku=7323
    to
    https___secure.pearljam.com/store/buy.spring

Once you see the "buy.spring" part, you know they're in your cart.....then you only have three million refreshes left to go!
  • just got 2 buy buttons and tried this. didn't work for me
    ptricia435 wrote:
    just got 2 buy buttons and tried this. didn't work for me

once you click on the BUY button ...DO NOT WAIT FOR ANYTHING then click on the CHECK OUT BUTTON ...... and you cart pops up and there it is
    edited March 2010
    three of my friends did it after i figured it out...and they all got tickets the next time the had the "buy" button
  • :lol:

One thing I noticed...once the tix are in your cart, your url will change from somethign like:

to

Once you see the "buy.spring" part, you know they're in your cart.....then you only have three million refreshes left to go!
    i noticed that too, i figured if the url changed then i could just click "check out" instead of waiting 9 hours for the next page to load and sure enough i got my tickets after about 15 minutes after they went on sale
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • BinOttawaBinOttawa Posts: 80
    finally....after about 5 hours of clicking refresh and looking at half loaded webpages and getting my face ripped off....I got MSG II! no dice on MSG I....what a great system! hahah...not that bad in past years!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BinOttawa/featured
    Sometimes I see a strange spot in the sky, a human being that was Given To Fly
    finally....after about 5 hours of clicking refresh and looking at half loaded webpages and getting my face ripped off....I got MSG II! no dice on MSG I....what a great system! hahah...not that bad in past years!

welcome to the show
  • melva02melva02 Posts: 298
    ...once the tix are in your cart, your url will change from somethign like:

to

I think the request has to go through to the server for that to be true. I saw the buy.spring link when I got a server timeout after clicking buy, but the tickets weren't in my cart. But when that link was shown in my address bar, refreshing it asked me to resubmit information (which I think means it was like clicking buy again). After a few refreshes it would bounce me back to the sku url. :-(