congrats...

mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
edited March 2010 in The Porch
...to those that are going to see PJ on this tour. i truly wish i could, but final exams are the week of the KC/STL shows & those are the only ones that we could have attended.

we all know that the online system/site may be flawed and in need for an upgrade, but all of the complaints are a bit ridiculous. i'm sure they're aware that something needs to be done, but it's sad to see all of the complaining & very few positive threads.

life is just too short to get so upset over purchasing tickets...seriously. and yes, i've had to go through the hassle before. i'm not looking for any pity just b/c we can't make this tour..not at all. i'm just trying to say that there are far more important things.

that's it. sorry for the rant. but the front page is almost all complaints. to those that are going, have fun...to those that can't for whatever reason (like me), enjoy the setlist threads....and those that are complaining, lighten up.
I LOVE MUSIC.
www.cluthelee.com
www.cluthe.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,836
    People will bitch no matter what. They bitched during the phone-in days, they bitched during the postcard days, and they're bitching now.

They'll bitch that they've bought tickets to 30 different shows and they didn't win the random drawing. They'll bitch that they're 0 for 10 in the drawing and someone else is 2 for 2.

There is NO perfect system...unless you want to travel to a not-popular city like St. Louis or Columbus. I had my confirmation email received just a few minutes after they went on sale. Yeah, this wasn't for NY, but i'm still happy to see them.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    People will bitch no matter what. They bitched during the phone-in days, they bitched during the postcard days, and they're bitching now.

They'll bitch that they've bought tickets to 30 different shows and they didn't win the random drawing. They'll bitch that they're 0 for 10 in the drawing and someone else is 2 for 2.

There is NO perfect system...unless you want to travel to a not-popular city like St. Louis or Columbus. I had my confirmation email received just a few minutes after they went on sale. Yeah, this wasn't for NY, but i'm still happy to see them.

i agree...there will never be a system that pleases everybody. but the amount of bitching & moaning on here is beyond ridiculous at this point.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,242
    Agreed. Nothing is going to please everybody. Especially those that only join for tickets.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    You guys want to see bitching and moaning? What if 10C looked at all of this bitching today and decided to say "Fuck it" and threw the whole ticketing process over the wall and then it falls to Ticketmaster? Imagine the bitching when the first Ticketmaster-only show goes on sale and 20 seconds into it there are no tickets left and they are all on Stubhub/Ticketsnow/Ticketliquidator/etc. for 5 to 10 times the face value, in a matter of seconds. Then the real bitching starts.

Look I know today was a clusterfuck and a lot of people got shut out, but the day 10C stops selling tickets is they day I give up.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    Flagg wrote:
    You guys want to see bitching and moaning? What if 10C looked at all of this bitching today and decided to say "Fuck it" and threw the whole ticketing process over the wall and then it falls to Ticketmaster? Imagine the bitching when the first Ticketmaster-only show goes on sale and 20 seconds into it there are no tickets left and they are all on Stubhub/Ticketsnow/Ticketliquidator/etc. for 5 to 10 times the face value, in a matter of seconds. Then the real bitching starts.

Look I know today was a clusterfuck and a lot of people got shut out, but the day 10C stops selling tickets is they day I give up.

excellent points.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Flagg wrote:

Great post.
    walk the bridges,.......before you burn them down
  • yes everyone should be quite and not make a fuss.