This pre-sale ticket system sucks.

ST4348ST4348 Posts: 5
edited March 2010 in The Porch
I have been a member for 14 years. The whole point of being a member is to be able to get tickets before they go on sale to the public. It has been the last few times the 10club folks did the online thing me and many other get shut out. The system is unfair. The problem with everyone logging on at a certain time is the server crashes and you get shut out. 10club should go back to the old way of making sure it's members get tickets first or find a new way. Cause this way sucks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    agreed
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• you'd think in this day and age, you be able to get a system to handle the traffic...this is bullshit, I don't know why I even try...all is does it get me frustrated.
  • MC10392MC10392 Posts: 1
    I too have been a member for 15 years and have not been able to get tickets for the past three tours. It's really not fair. The "rule" of losing the tickets if the purchase is not made within 10 minutes is insane.
  • Yes Eddie...This sucks!!!
  • KillTakerKillTaker Posts: 140
    MC10392 wrote:
    I too have been a member for 15 years and have not been able to get tickets for the past three tours. It's really not fair.
    I understand the frustration.. *BUT* you have to understand something.. Even if they had a million dollar server system that could "handle" the traffic that doesn't change the amount of tickets available and the amount of traffic coming in. You would still get shutouts and wait times- you may get a faster sold out message but thats about it. This is PJ in MSG on a Friday.. The system you want would only sell out tix faster.. The band and the 10C do everything they can to make it manageable.. But they cant be everything to everyone..
  • MM281484MM281484 Posts: 1
    Hey Pearl Jam what good is it being part of the fan club if you still can't get tickets off the pre sale for members only!!!! I have been on site for three hrs and still no tics!!! what the hell is going on!!!!
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,363
    Oh, for the days of ticketing by mail. They would send out a form, you'd check off the shows you wanted and mail the form in with your check. Then you'd get your tickets. Those were the days.

It is a strange paradox that Pearl Jam is less popular than it was a few years ago, technology is more advanced than it was a few years ago, and yet Pearl Jam fan club tickets are harder to procure now than then.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • alextoddalextodd Posts: 3
    But 3 seperate times I was able to click on the BUY button and each the connection timed out and I lost out on those tickets - 3 times!!! so maybe a better system would have avoided that.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,823
    alextodd wrote:
    But 3 seperate times I was able to click on the BUY button and each the connection timed out and I lost out on those tickets - 3 times!!! so maybe a better system would have avoided that.

That just happened to me. I got the "ooops you ripped our face off" thing :x
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • alextoddalextodd Posts: 3
    alextodd wrote:

That just happened to me. I got the "ooops you ripped our face off" thing :x

Yeah seeing that didn't make me feel any better
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,272
    how many people are living on the east coast trying to get tickets for boston and msg?

many x 100

there should be no surprises.

i'm not saying it doesn't suck but sometimes you just gotta travel to get what you need and there's lottsa 10ctickets for areas where 10+million people don't live
  • currycurry Posts: 19
    edited March 2010
    I agree!!!!! Bring back the mail system!!!!! I finally got my turn in line and now they are temporarily out of stock even though I was on right as the ticket sale started!!!!! I'm pissed!!!! What will piss me off even more is if I see someone selling their tickets! :shock: :evil:
    Guess I'll have to get a hold of McCready to get my ticket :D Thanks Mike :twisted:
    Oh yea and where the hell are my Philadelphia Boots!!!!
    Post edited by curry on
    do not put up more than you are willing to lose
  • I too have been a member for 15 years and I have not been able to get tickets!!!

They need to come up with a better system!!!

Oh by the way SCREW YOU Rip your face screen!!!
  • ST4348ST4348 Posts: 5
    Who is this killtank?
  • Elderly ManElderly Man Posts: 235
    if i see it again i'm gonna lose my mind
    MSG 2 - 03
    Ed Sullivan Theater - 06
    Irving Plaza - 06
    Albany - 06
    Hartford - 06
    East Rutherford 1 & 2 - 06
    San Francisco 1 & 2 - 06
    Bonnaroo - 08
    MSG 1 & 2 - 08
    Hartford - 08
    Mansfield 1 - 08
  • SK42075SK42075 Posts: 3
    hello hour number 4....I can't believe how long this is taking to likely get nothing
  • melva02melva02 Posts: 298
    KillTaker wrote:
    I understand the frustration.. *BUT* you have to understand something.. Even if they had a million dollar server system that could "handle" the traffic that doesn't change the amount of tickets available and the amount of traffic coming in. You would still get shutouts and wait times- you may get a faster sold out message but thats about it.

I would be happy with the system if I got a faster sold out time. Wouldn't you rather waste 5 minutes than 2 hours?