Please say a prayer for my friend :(

WaveCameCrashinWaveCameCrashin Posts: 2,929
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Goose Creek woman hit with rock in car dies
Tuesday, March 16, 2010

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2010 ... ies/HEFLIN, Ala. —

Authorities say a South Carolina woman initially left in critical condition after she was struck by a rock that flew through her windshield when a pickup truck hit a pothole along Interstate 20 near the Alabama-Georgia line Monday has died.

A UAB Hospital spokesman says 33-year-old Jo Maureen Fisher , of Goose Creek, S.C., died Tuesday morning.

Alabama State Troopers say 35-year-old John Fisher was driving east in Cleburne County, four miles west of the state line.

Authorities say that's when a pickup truck traveling in front of the couple hit the pothole, knocking the rock through Fisher’s car.

Troy Goodman, a UAB Hospital spokesman, says the family wanted people to know that Fisher was an organ donor.

I can't even imagine having to go through loosing a spouse like this.
The husband is a co worker and very good friend of mine. They have a 5yr old little boy and they just had a little girl less than a year ago. He is a big pj fan and I took John to his first show in columbia SC back in 08.She was nice enough to stay home with their son so he could go. Her favorite song was better man and when they played it in Columbia he called her from the concert so she could listen to it. If some of you could just say a prayer for him and the little ones I would really apreciate it.
Thank You...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• StarfallStarfall Posts: 548
    I have a couple of friends in the Charleston - Mount Pleasant area of SC. One lived in Goose Creek for a time before her divorce. I'm wondering if they knew her.

She and her family will be in my thoughts and my prayers tonight.
    "It's not hard to own something. Or everything. You just have to know that it's yours, and then be willing to let it go." - Neil Gaiman, "Stardust"
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Sorry to hear that. The family is in my thoughts.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    That's terrible.
    Will do...............
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    Oh my!! My thoughts are with all her loved ones. It sounds so awful!
    Save room for dessert!
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    Lots of prayers tonight. Both my son's and I are praying now.
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,959
    How tragic. I am so sorry for her and her family :cry: They are in my thoughts . . .
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • just tinajust tina Posts: 277
    how terrible :(
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Wow how sad

Ever since we had the baby I am so aware of every little thing when Im driving with her in the car that I didn't really pay attention to before
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    very sorry to hear this, it happened here a few years ago, it's such a random tragic accident
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    I't such a tragedy, and they will be in my prayers... :(

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Such a sad thing to hear...they're all in my thoughts. :(
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    How horrible. I feel so bad for her husband and all her family. :(
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Rest in Peace. Hope your friend and his son and daughter get through this.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    That's so sad. :( I'll be praying for your friend and his family.
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    I'm very sorry to read this.
    I will keep them in my thoughts.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    I feel your pain bro...just helped an old friend celebrate the life of his wife. She was 32, they had 3 lil ones. Watching those kids cry for their mom today was one of the most gutwrenching things I've ever experienced. Life isn't fair sometimes :(
    Sorry for your loss.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    This is so sad to hear, being so young and have to take on this burden of raising such young children without their mother. I'll pray for strength for their father so they can make it through this terrible period in their young lives. I once lived in Goose Creek SC I even attended GC High School (GATORS) and even took a trip back there (04) and to Charleston just to see how much the place has changed.

Live life to it's fullest we never know when our time will come to an end.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• That's awful to read... I'm so sorry for the loss you've all suffered. You're all in my thoughts x
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    That's awful, my thought are with you all.